Good old Games

Gorth

I'd say Thief 2.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

soul reaver. that game was so good for its time

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Always hate it when there's a sale and I own all of them already. Should fire up SMAC again though (wonder if that works like Deus Ex when mentioning it)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You guys are bull**** artists.

Dreamfall may not have been as amazingly awesome as its predecessor (The Longest Journey - buy it if you haven't played it yet!) but it was still a very interesting and fun game. It sure beats the generic **** that publishers crank out these days.

The game (Dreamfall) is worth at least $20. The Longest Journey itself is worth the kind of huge prices that publishers charge for crap like Diablo 3 and all those silly Halo and Battlefield or CoD or whatever games.

To anybody feeling put off by the jokers above, please take a serious look at the game, and while Metacritic isn't the be-all-end-all, and can be gamed, in this instance reviewers gave it 75% and users gave it 86%. Make up your own mind.

Feeling about it has been rather lukewarm from people I've spoken to. Am curious as to what was wrong with it from you guys though.

Incredibly annoying and dull main character (especially after such an awesome protagonist in the first game), story that introduces a million plotlines but never bothers to resolve any (you're basically being fed half the story on purpose), crappy and clunky forced combat sequences, crappy and clunky forced stealth sequences, no puzzles whatsoever, instead you get to solve a crappy minigame on the main character's cellphone.

And last but not least, the biggest crime: April Ryan character assassination.

The game is only worth it if you loved TLJ and want to see some characters and locations from the first game again.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It could've been very good if they'd finished the game - they originally meant to make a few more episodes to wrap up the (very) loose ends and without those it's basically 1/3 of a story.. so I can't really endorse it.

edit: I was a little harsh :)

Fortune favors the bald.

I haven't played TLJ (yes, I know... death to me) and even then I found Dreamfall rather lacklustre.

It's not much an adventure. And for what it does it does it far worse than, say, Fahrenheit.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Whatever, can we all agree that Hassat Hunter needs to go and play TLJ right now?

He should play it, but he shouldn't be shy about looking up a walkthrough when the puzzles get a bit obtuse.

The Longest Journey was a nice point&click (right?) adventure game back then with an original setting.

And I don't remember a lot about Dreamfall, but wasn't that the game with a drive-cam third person view and buttons like TRUTH and LIE instead of... boring text I guess..? So it was a massively disappointing sequel for a nice game.

TLJ is fantastic, and Dreamfall is good. The latter may be disappointing in comparison but those two are among the best adventure games I've played that are released this century (wait, when was BG&E?). They're both worth... whatever the price tag is, especially if it's below $20.

I'm not sure what was so different about those two games, being a relatively ignorant person in the genre - they're both typical go around, talk to people, gather clues, push the right buttons whatever they look like, progress in the story - but with a great story, some nice wit, and beautiful environments.

• Like 1

I didn't realized it actually mattered which button you push in Dreamfall tbh... but I won't comment on the story, the setting was nice though. Oh wait, it had some really, really terrible combat, too, unlike TLJ. So one was a point&click adventure and the other... was in the same setting. :p

Play Grim Fandango. It has terrible controls too (with boring text though) but sits atop on my Adventure list still. :)

Dreamfall is an utter abomination. FILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!! Not even worth it even if it was free.

Some new game: http://www.gog.com/e...ecard/resonance

Resonance. I didn't even read the description. I just saw the words Wadjet Eye and clicked pre-order.

Very nice to see GOG supporting such good indie Adventure Gaming company <3 <3 <3

Gemini Rue was very good, so I'm looking forward to Resonance. Still haven't made time for Blackwell.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still haven't made time for Blackwell.

I finally played the Blackwell trilogy last year. It's good.... it certainly has some faults, but overall it was a good adventure game. It also did some things I really liked (game design wise, of which I wish they would have expanded on). I enjoyed it. Your mileage may vary.