What you did today

Tale

And I've got to delve into the depths of the attic at some point and recover the decorations.

It is dark in there. You may be eaten by a grue.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And I've got to delve into the depths of the attic at some point and recover the decorations.

I ain't scared of no Grue.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I ain't scared of no Grue.

YOU. SHOULD. BE.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Rather interesting day to start, exit the elevator and there's some dude standing RIGHT in front of the doors, he's just stepping in before I can get out. So ended up bumping him a fair bit with his coffee in his hand, heh. Either some people storming the elevators or people that walk out and then stop gazing around in bewilderment :)

At least it's sunny outside!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well the tree is up and lights are on... I'm leaving the rest of the decorations till manna now. Grab a cup of tea and try to relax a little.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

After years of giving "12 months of free computer support" to my mom for Christmas, could finally afford to buy her a real gift - a really nice classic Dualit toaster (she loves toast and had always had ****ty cheap toasters that burn her fingers). Now trying to figure out something for my dad. He'd need a new tv, the one he has was from the early gen LCDs and can't receive digital tv without a separate set-top box that really kills the picture quality, but I also know that he wouldn't want anything that "extravagant" from me. Probably a couple of bottles of some nice Barolo, then.

Happy I don't have to do any other gift-buying, though. Last person I got anything for xmas outside the nuclear family was my ex, when I got her the signed Prodigy tour book. That was as close as I ever saw her to crying. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

On th ego all day today. Had a morale wobble at about 5pm as I was walking through town, looking at hundreds of morose faces. Bought beer. Soup on the go. Just finished work, and cracked open a bottle of stout. Going to shoot some faces off in Borderlands.

-Elwood Blues

Speaking of which, LCD TV prices have really dropped here of late. A few weeks ago I bought myself a 42" Visio for something like $479.

Yeah, I know, he's happy with his 32" (!), and I could get a nice Sony with all the bells and whistles for ~400 even with Finland prices.

Watching hockey & football and drinking Sam Adams. Now thinking about buying a new TV.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

>Cast Frotz on Grue

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

A word of caution regarding humongous screen TVs. Check the power consumption before purchasing. It could literally be like having the dryer going 12 hours a day.

You mean you don't keep the dryer going all the time? *lights cuban cigar with 100 euro bill*

More seriously though, by calibrating the tv properly, you can often bring it down to bearable levels - ie. below those of the average gaming pc, for sure. Most TVs still have brightness and backlight cranked out of the box way beyong anything you need for home use, to pull in people at electronics stores.

I've noticed a lot of you Europeans watch your electrical consumption closely, are electric bills high over there? Its something I almost never consider. I mean, Ill turn off lights and stuff that nobody is using but my PC runs 24/7 and we frequently have three TV's on (two of which are large).

*consumes the worlds resources*

To me it's more a sense of not using resources wastefully. But I think it's fairly more expensive in Europe, like gas is..

It's 45,5 cents per kWh here.

For Oct. 2011, US average was $0.13 per kWh. Link.

Hooray for plentiful domestic coal and natural gas, I guess.

Got my project done, and am enjoying that post-alpha bliss where it works for the dev tests but probably is broken in horrendous ways. Still though, this feeling is good, rather disturbingly happy at the moment. Now off to the office Christmas party.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Epic return from boozing last night. Unspeakable ratio of wine and whisky to weight to distance travelled.

-Elwood Blues

Epic return from boozing last night. Unspeakable ratio of wine and whisky to weight to distance travelled.

I question how well wine and whisky can go together.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I question how well wine and whisky can go together.

And I answer: uneasily.

-Elwood Blues