What are you playing now?

Gorth

Can't edit: what's a good (single player-able) shooter these days? Recent title.

(edit) How about Rage? Anyone try it? Looks Borderlands like. Reviews anywhere from "disappointing/sucks" to "best game so far". :shifty:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Can't edit: what's a good (single player-able) shooter these days? Recent title.

The most recent passable shooter title was, imo, Serious Sam HD: The first encounter.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

(edit) How about Rage? Anyone try it? Looks Borderlands like. Reviews anywhere from "disappointing/sucks" to "best game so far". :shifty:

Best this year is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Past couple months, my favorite is Space Marine. Part hack and slash. Most recent purchase of mine that's good is Red Faction: Armageddon. Still relatively recent, but older than the previous two.

On to Dark Souls. It's okay so far. I'm not seeing a reason to get excited yet.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Rage has impressive production value, and the shooter mechanics are pretty solid but it lacks that intangible something that makes you care about the world. It feels empthy and MMOish. The made for console inventory and journal fights you constantly so you make an effort to use it as little as possible.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Giving Arcanum a break. Talking to people and comments here have led to me a sense of hopelessness on my first playthrough. Going back to Dawn of War 2, going to try to make a different squad (and use Thaddeus more often).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Rage has impressive production value, and the shooter mechanics are pretty solid but it lacks that intangible something that makes you care about the world. It feels empthy and MMOish. The made for console inventory and journal fights you constantly so you make an effort to use it as little as possible.

It's actually kind of weird, the npc's you encounter are all quite well-done (animation wise) they've got some fun quirks and the surface appearance of personality, so you should remember them.. but then they don't actually seem to do much with it. Or have any depth of connection to you.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I hated it that the game wanted me to press "E" every once in a while when "talking" to an NPC. It felt totally useless and broke the flow for me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The wife and I finally got Ignus into the party. I hated him. The first conversation we had I got tired of his threatening to kill me so we bum rushed him and stomped on him for a while. Then I irritated my wife by reloading so we could have him in the party for when we go the Brothel. Then I'll dismiss him.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Started a new Alpha Protocol game. This time Mike is getting the Sneaky + Martial Arts treatment.

Also browsed through my infinite list of Steam games, and discovered that at sometime I bought Cryostasis. I downloaded, started, and jerked. No, not me, the computer.

Goddamn that game runs like a hog. Is that normal?

Edited by Morgoth

Played F:NV for an hour or two. This is my first playthrough on PC. Still undeckded on who should get my aid. Might join the Legion this time. Planning on destroying every minor faction and being an a** in general. Already had some fun in Goodsprings. R.I.P Easy Pete.

Anyone have any suggestions for good mods? I'd like more music options on the radio. I love the songs already in the game, but I want something new. I also hate the fighting in the game, just like I hated it in Fallout 3. Is there a way to make battles less frequent? Or maybe allow more companions fighting by my side?

Also crawled back to Dark Souls. While playing other games, I kept thinking about how I didn't want to give up. Finally managed to kill some minibosses. I'm now wearing a bull haed as a helmet.

Started a new Alpha Protocol game. This time Mike is getting the Sneaky + Martial Arts treatment.

Also browsed through my infinite list of Steam games, and discovered that at sometime I bought Cryostasis. I downloaded, started, and jerked. No, not me, the computer.

Goddamn that game runs like a hog. Is that normal?

Yes, that game runs like ass. Especially on one brand of vid cards (can't remember if it's Nvidia or ATI) if I remember correctly.

Pretty interesting game though, a nice try at something unique. Wouldn't call it amazing or anything but... interesting.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yes, that game runs like ass. Especially on one brand of vid cards (can't remember if it's Nvidia or ATI) if I remember correctly.

Pretty interesting game though, a nice try at something unique. Wouldn't call it amazing or anything but... interesting.

Yeah, it's ATI that got the shaft since it doesn't support hardware PhysX.

Well, I managed to tweak the game and now the framerate is acceptable. So far, it's indeed a very intriguing game. Very clumsy and rough, but it got the irresistible "What's in the next room" anticipation feeling, which is a big plus.

Anyone have any suggestions for good mods? I'd like more music options on the radio. I love the songs already in the game, but I want something new. I also hate the fighting in the game, just like I hated it in Fallout 3. Is there a way to make battles less frequent? Or maybe allow more companions fighting by my side?

There's quite a few multiple-companion mods out there. Some of them became a little flaky (usable but flaky in some way) with later patches so I'm not sure anymore what's the "best". Unlimited Companions was the most popular at one time. I used Improved Companions which makes it Charisma based.

For music go to http://www.newvegasnexus.com/index.php and Search "radio" - there's some under there. Haven't tried any personally tho.

--------------------

Sounds like Rage might be something my husband might like...I'll skip it for now tho. I suppose I should just wait for Skyrim since it's so close, before buying something else.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just finished Mothership Zeta, by god, in the last scene the ten year old girl is telling us what bridge consoles we need to use to defeat the other mothership...apparently this DLC was headed up by the guy who did the MQ, the derp is strong with this one ;)

It's all over now though, another few levels till I hit the cap and a few more places to go and then no more Fallout 3 forever.

After 1 week break played again little bit of Demon's Souls... Killed 5 more bosses and currently getting ass-kicked by Old Monk online black phantom... Unfortunately I somehow managed to bug Ostrava and Saint Urbain :) so no more Miracle learning :'(

And got my first Weapon Trophy...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Dark Souls, second boss

"Oh crap, I missed my attack. RUNNING RUNNING RUNNING"

"Oh crap, nearly dead, RUNNING RUNNNING RUN"

YOU DEFEATED

"What?"

"Oh, he charged off the edge."

I just finished Mothership Zeta, by god, in the last scene the ten year old girl is telling us what bridge consoles we need to use to defeat the other mothership...apparently this DLC was headed up by the guy who did the MQ, the derp is strong with this one :)

I wasn't aware Mothership Zeta was supposed to be serious business, but she had read the Captain Cosmos comic.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Was fun playing DOW2, took me an amusingly amount of time to get it going due to the need to 1) login to Windows Live 2) Update Live 3) Create a Gamertag.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing FO:NV :nuke:

I'm seriously considering a padlock for my fridge... my chests... my drawers... just about everything.

Hi Guys, have some drinks on the House. What do you mean the fridge's empty? It was full when I left this morning. Bastards! :aiee:

Jeebus those guys help themselves to my stuff in the presidential suite >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Playing FO:NV :nuke:

I'm seriously considering a padlock for my fridge... my chests... my drawers... just about everything.

Hi Guys, have some drinks on the House. What do you mean the fridge's empty? It was full when I left this morning. Bastards! :aiee:

Jeebus those guys help themselves to my stuff in the presidential suite >_<

You think you've got problems. I keep about half of all my stuff in a public waste bin near the gunrunners.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Two Worlds2 has me raging about bad enemy AI (it's really really bad/buggy in my experience), enemies that would be squishy except for the fact they do nothing but stand like a post and block, forcing you to spam the melee 'get dmg thru the block' move (zzzz) and the lack of true free roaming/sense of reward for exploring (95% of all doors/caves you'll discover are padlocked until you get a quest). While it looks like a great big world to explore, eventually you realize it's really not much different in effect than being channeled through a cliffside path.

I do like the changed crafting system that lets you do a little more with items (altho I also liked the item-stacking from the old game too), and the somewhat more complex magic card system....plus the new graphics are nice and the voice acting is much better than in the 1st game, but the lack of freedom+bad AI is bringing me down.

Trying to decide what to do with my Dark Souls character. I want to play Sorcerer. I also want to have decent melee backup.

So, I made a Sorcerer. Got annoyed by the pig sticker. Rerolled Pyromancer, have that up to level 12. Am annoyed at how much it'll cost me to pick up sorceries. And am thinking about rerolling Sorcerer again, just pumping up strength for a longsword.

Playing Atelier Totori today :p

I just need small break from serious business Demon Souls for a day or two :p

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours