What are you playing now?

Gorth

Trying to play Dawn of War 2, since I own it and both expansions, but have never even gotten through even the first campaign halfway.

It's a struggle. I can't say I enjoy this campaign even a little. I wish they had cheat codes so I could plow through it like I do when other RTS games get too tedious. Usually that's only later maps and defense maps. It's kind of every map for this game. I'm sick of using the same four units... every...single...map. And having to set up their flaky cover points every five feet. Only for the ranged guys to automatically lose range 5 seconds into every fight.

But I want to see what happens.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The entire game is like those stealth missions I hated in the Command and Conquer / Red Alert type games. What the hell were they thinking. Massive collective brain seizure mayhaps. I kept wondering when the game was going to start and you would get something else than the tutorial units, another strategic layer would surely emerge...

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Trying to play Dawn of War 2, since I own it and both expansions, but have never even gotten through even the first campaign halfway.

It's a struggle. I can't say I enjoy this campaign even a little. I wish they had cheat codes so I could plow through it like I do when other RTS games get too tedious. Usually that's only later maps and defense maps. It's kind of every map for this game. I'm sick of using the same four units... every...single...map. And having to set up their flaky cover points every five feet. Only for the ranged guys to automatically lose range 5 seconds into every fight.

But I want to see what happens.

Melee Commander/Thaddeus combo with maybe a Gatling good dreadnaught riding sidecar makes things go SO much quicker.

(For the record, the Gatling WILL gib just about anything that gets in it's special abilities arc.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The repetition in the vanilla game can be tedious. Could always spice it up and use different units, Thule with the assault cannon and hellfire rounds is glorious (especially with the barrage).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I tried to get into Darksiders, but I'm really struggling to find a good game to keep my attention. Deus Ex was fantastic, but I'm almost sorry I finished it, because now I'm pretty much waiting for November and the release of a bunch of games.

I'm really hoping I'll get into the TOR test. I'm starting to get pretty excited about it coming out.

Starting Heavy Rain. Might be even fun enough untill i get Shadow of the colossus and ICO HD.

Starting with such a negative attitude I wonder why people even play video games?

It's to maintain gaming hipster cred on the obsid board.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I tried to get into Darksiders, but I'm really struggling to find a good game to keep my attention. Deus Ex was fantastic, but I'm almost sorry I finished it, because now I'm pretty much waiting for November and the release of a bunch of games.

I'm really hoping I'll get into the TOR test. I'm starting to get pretty excited about it coming out.

Pick up Space Marine. It's single player is pretty dang good, and the multi is only going to get better once the DLC (free!) hits next month

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Heavy Rain is the kind of experience you either dig or hate - especially if you already watched a LP on youtube.

I guess that's why he said it 'might' be fun. How'd you take a negative attitude from that ? Anyway, more fun time in EVE, my backwater system's been invaded by Russians and Poles it seems, bastards eating up my ore. One the bright side they've set up about 7 stations, so they're a ready market for my POS fuel :thumbsup:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Alpha Protocol. I just got to Taiwan. First hub after Saudi Arabia.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

...beatin' up on Vagrant Story o' the PS3 an' gitten on time fer 'nother run-through o', ya guessed it, Planescape: Torment...ol' school fer this ol' fool... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

ya guessed it,

Actually, when I saw you had posted in this thread, I did guess it. :lol:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Icewind Dale 2 for me. For the most part, it seems like a lot of the feats are useless (although casters seem to be much better off).

I loved the first game to bits but I've had trouble finishing IWD2. I've done multiple playthroughs and I always end up at the part after the Yuan-ti temple where you have to go to the Dragon's Eye. I get massive fatigue at that point and can't finish the game. I'm determined to finish it though so hopefully this playthrough is the one.

Starting Heavy Rain. Might be even fun enough untill i get Shadow of the colossus and ICO HD.

Starting with such a negative attitude I wonder why people even play video games?

Kinda funny coming from morgoth don't you think? The guys like some government sponsered advert for "negative attitude".

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Kinda funny coming from morgoth don't you think? The guys like some government sponsered advert for "negative attitude".

I'm not really sunny enough to comment on that. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's not that negative. It i just had a difficult arthroscopic operation on my knee and i need something fun so that lying on my back all day long is not dull or made even more difficult. And Heavy rain is not exactly a game you can describe as fun, now is it? But it's all I've got that i haven't played yet.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Kinda funny coming from morgoth

You know what's funny?

av-24166.png

Your future employer

This is exactly what I mean about negativity man...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!