What you did today?

Tale

Today I feel addled by drink, smoke and tv, I sat up till 6am watching the last season of Mad Men, such a well made show, a bit fanciful with history but I can't stop watching, maybe it's those secretaries ;)

Ya think?

27MadMenWomenMed.jpg

EDIT:

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have idly wasted every minute of the past 38 hours or so and have loved every minute of it.

Caffeine helped.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I quit drinking. Well, not totally but I am laying off for a while. At least six months or more. Even beer. It was really starting to get out of hand and causing problems in my sober time. I don't think it was anywhere near 12 step bad but it was at least as bad as it was during the divorce. Only then I had an excuse, I was using alchohol to mask pain and dpression. Lately I've just been bored and that is no excuse. Soooooo I'm trying to figure out what to do with all the money I'll be saving! Maybe I'll buy a new computer game. I haven't played a single minuite since I finished the Witcher back in January. Was Dragon Age any good?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I quit drinking. Well, not totally but I am laying off for a while. At least six months or more. Even beer. It was really starting to get out of hand and causing problems in my sober time. I don't think it was anywhere near 12 step bad but it was at least as bad as it was during the divorce. Only then I had an excuse, I was using alchohol to mask pain and dpression. Lately I've just been bored and that is no excuse. Soooooo I'm trying to figure out what to do with all the money I'll be saving! Maybe I'll buy a new computer game. I haven't played a single minuite since I finished the Witcher back in January. Was Dragon Age any good?

Dragon Age Origins was very good but the pace started to drag a little bit due to filler combat, Dragon Age 2 is more immediately satisfying but the plot feels less coherent, I need to get around to completing it...along with The Witcher 2 and a boatload of other games.

Search for the reviews we all did... personally I found Origins good fun and gave it a solid 8/10. Then again, I usually played with a bottle of vino to hand so please share your sober observations.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Finished piece of pro bono work today. Snuck down to my local for one jar to reward self.

If i'd known doing pro bono would get me bought huge quantities of free beer and attractive German women flinging themselves at me (in a chaste way) I'd a' been doing pro bono my whole life.

Collapsed in flowerbed on way home. Such a peaceful balmy night. Intend if possible to stay awake until the small hours, eating cake and drinking water, until some booze wears off.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had one of those slightly annoying nights where the moment I got into bed.. my mind suddenly decided it was totally awake and not at all tired. So pretty much didn't fall asleep until the dawn had started creeping in and the birds were singing outside my window...

And after a weekend of cleaning and hoovering and assorted spraying due to the discovery of some fleas on the cat... we've now found a single flea on the puppy. ;) ... I'm hoping it's just one that was trying to flee the cat.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Some guy jumped from a building nearby work, 15th floor or so so his body's largely intact. Interesting start to the day. Heh, reminds me at my first job, outside the lunch room window we could see a guy that got shot at a nightclub. For some reason the cops left him in his underwear in 40 C weather for about 6-7 hours, was all bloated and what not.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I once saw a woman hurl herself off of a tall building and hit a Volvo once. Probably twenty years ago. It was genuinely dreadful, but my mind wandered (as I suspect it does in unusual situations to distract you from the awfulness) to how durable the roof of a 440 estate is.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

I once saw a woman hurl herself off of a tall building and hit a Volvo once. Probably twenty years ago. It was genuinely dreadful, but my mind wandered (as I suspect it does in unusual situations to distract you from the awfulness) to how durable the roof of a 440 estate is.

Mmh, I saw a train suicide a couple of years back. The guy essentially disintegrated into fist-size chunks. Was pretty gnarly.

Entertainingly, I haven't enjoyed Paradise Lost's Believe In Nothing after that (I was listening to it at the time).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Heh, sad that when describing it to coworkers I said the guy wasn't 'gibbed'. Priceless reaction from them though. Sucked for some people, pretty sure some pedestrians were pretty close to the impact. Well, assuming they weren't buried in their smartphones anyway, heh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finally got around to getting some stupid pics off my camera.

stumpwire1a.jpg

stumpwire2.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Once the tree branch has grown over the power line, they just leave it like that. They will cut back the bulk of branch to keep the weight off and avoid problems with heavy winds, but those lines can support the weight of that wood chunk for a long time. There really isn't any safe way to remove it.

Note to self: while it is excellent practice to begin the day by immediately setting down to work, it can have drawbacks.

Ploughed straight into data on rapes of babies and small children in Africa, by individuals seeking to cure themselves of HIV. Realised I was crying when I went to make coffee. FFS, world.

What kind of work do you do that requires you to do research on these kinds of subjects?

Well, I don't work for the Disney corporation...

Ah! Pro Kiddie-Fiddler!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Mmh, I saw a train suicide a couple of years back. The guy essentially disintegrated into fist-size chunks. Was pretty gnarly.

Entertainingly, I haven't enjoyed Paradise Lost's Believe In Nothing after that (I was listening to it at the time).

Well... Its the right kind of thing to be listening to at that time.

Note to self: while it is excellent practice to begin the day by immediately setting down to work, it can have drawbacks.

Ploughed straight into data on rapes of babies and small children in Africa, by individuals seeking to cure themselves of HIV. Realised I was crying when I went to make coffee. FFS, world.

What kind of work do you do that requires you to do research on these kinds of subjects?

Ah! Pro Kiddie-Fiddler!

Totally. I've got endorsement packages and whatnot.

-Elwood Blues

Ah! Pro Kiddie-Fiddler!

Totally. I've got endorsement packages and whatnot.

Better still, their parents are paying you to do it. Well done! You've fooled the world! Have yourself a pint!

Once the tree branch has grown over the power line, they just leave it like that. They will cut back the bulk of branch to keep the weight off and avoid problems with heavy winds, but those lines can support the weight of that wood chunk for a long time. There really isn't any safe way to remove it.

Don't be logical when I'm being emotionally paranoid! :lol:

I want these bunnies.

I sat on the porch, threw frisbees to the dogs and listened to baseball on the radio all day today. It was a good day.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Urf, well the weekend was spend doing mass laundry, cleaning and all post flea-discovery on the cat.

Then found a flea on the puppy yesterday, so that was immediate anti-flea shampoo baths for all the animals again.

Kind of unfocused today. Trying to figure out what actually needs doing , but I seem to keep sliding thoughts off and dealing with utterly random things that aren't really achieving much.

So a fresh cup of tea at lunchtime and see what I can actually gather together of my mind..... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."