What you did today?

Tale

Taking the day as it goes.. Realised I was in the mood to read something fresh and pulpy, so ordered up a Clive Cussler book. Yes, they tend to be silly, but they are good clean, pulpy entertainment.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I pulled my left thigh muscle while running to catch the tram, yesterday. I had plans for moving furniture over the weekend.

Amazing. That happens to me all of the time when my friends want me to help them move. Such a shame.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've continued to decend into alcoholism. Nobody save me, I want an early death.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I pulled my left thigh muscle while running to catch the tram, yesterday. I had plans for moving furniture over the weekend.

Amazing. That happens to me all of the time when my friends want me to help them move. Such a shame.

Only this time it's my own furniture. :lol:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've continued to decend into alcoholism. Nobody save me, I want an early death.

I presume you've seen Leaving Las Vegas?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

.. and the joys of discovering that the cat has picked up fleas from somewhere :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Watched women's football. Canada got wrecked by the French, who played pretty damn well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watched women's football. Canada got wrecked by the French, who played pretty damn well.

USA's got it on lock down.

Our men's team can blow a 2 goal lead in back to back years, but our woman's team can hang on. what a joke.

Our men's team can blow a 2 goal lead in back to back years, but our woman's team can hang on. what a joke.

I wouldn't call that a joke-- it's an understandable consequence of cultural phenomena. With civil rights laws mandating gender equality in the offering of extracurricular sports teams by educational institutions, the US is generally more encouraging towards women playing team sports than a lot of other countries are. We have a competitive disadvantage in our cultural support for soccer,* generally, but we have a pretty huge competitive advantage in our cultural support for women's rights in general and women's participation in competitive team sports in particular.

* Indeed, elements of American culture dislike soccer partly because they perceive it as a "girly" sport.

Edited by Enoch

Hoping for Germany, but they need to get it together quickly. France looks pretty good too. Now, with Canada gone, all I need is England to go home and then the tournament'll be fine regardless .

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh we will:) In fact, it was the first thing I did the first time.

Is this your second? Prepare for a rather steep increase in your workload. It doesn't just double the work, it creates a whole slew of logistical issues, depending on the age of your first.

I think we talked about this before, actually :lol:

I'll blame it on the sleep deprivation if I am repeating myself.

My brain can't focus today. Rubber ball in a rubber room. As a consequence, I got zero done - and that includes the gameplaying. :lol:

It was a gorgeous day tho! A nice temp for me...not too hot, not at all chilly. Laid out in the yard staring at the blue sky and wondering if somewhere out there, a being on another planet was watching back. Figuratively speaking.

Then I said ... "nah" and went back inside.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was out drinking with some scary game industry legends from the Bullfrog days, some dude that worked on Syndicate - I made an impression by being fairly rude, but not on purpose. Anyways, got a bit too drunk, came home, cooked a couple steaks, went to bed.

I'm still a bit pissed, but I'm stuck at home waiting on a package for my currently incognito girlfriend, who has esconded to Estonia for 3 weeks. Unlike mkreku, I didn't buy mine. I stole her fair and square while drinking vodka.

Someone just sent me a message on linked in trying to headhunt me. My response was I'll talk to you if you're offering a daily rate as a contractor of

Feeling really cranky all day. Took time out and played a bit of Dead Money, but that only made me feel more tense. Think may have to knock it on the head and head out to the park, lie in the sun. Already done most everything I had to today.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Day off, supposed to start cleaning the house as per parents' command but...they're all asleep. And I made a nifty spreadsheet too with times and zones for each person to clean. Bah, organization is useless around here. Started on laundry so, not wasting time.

I had a dream about coding and math last night. I haven't had one of those in a decade. It's no wonder I didn't want to get up.

I had a dream about coding and math last night. I haven't had one of those in a decade. It's no wonder I didn't want to get up.

Ahhh the nightmare I call my life.

I also found out that my oldest (and pretty much unused, a throwaway account now) e-mail account had been compromised at some point. I had failed delivery notifications for spam. New passwords ahoy.

Kinda strange that someone would hijack it a few months ago, then send spam from it without changing the password it had.

I also found out that my oldest (and pretty much unused, a throwaway account now) e-mail account had been compromised at some point. I had failed delivery notifications for spam. New passwords ahoy.

Kinda strange that someone would hijack it a few months ago, then send spam from it without changing the password it had.

Uh, maybe it was just spoofed?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif