Witcher 2

Finding looting is an annoyance, so much so that I rarely bother at all. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me with some key ingredients required for anything important. I never steal but that's a given regardless, so I don't look in any containers in town. I'm firmly in the ME2 school of loot management (or lack thereof) so it's not surprising of course.

Also in chapter 1 I'm noticing some really distracting shadow dithering, particularly on character faces. Didn't really notice in the prologue but that was mostly broad daylight so most everyone was fully lit. Even on maximum quality shadows it's still there so disappointingly it looks like it's there to stay.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finding looting is an annoyance, so much so that I rarely bother at all. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me with some key ingredients required for anything important. I never steal but that's a given regardless, so I don't look in any containers in town. I'm firmly in the ME2 school of loot management (or lack thereof) so it's not surprising of course.

Also in chapter 1 I'm noticing some really distracting shadow dithering, particularly on character faces. Didn't really notice in the prologue but that was mostly broad daylight so most everyone was fully lit. Even on maximum quality shadows it's still there so disappointingly it looks like it's there to stay.

I have'nt noticed anything like that actually, atleast not that I recall.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I think my two issues are:

1) There's no clear delineation of important characters.

2) There's so much loot, but you can't get a good judge of what's lootable from a distance.

It makes me paranoid that I'm going to miss something. Badly paranoid. Am I sure I talked to everyone? Did I miss breaking and entering into a house that might have had a skematic?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Does someone know if it's possible to disable the million videos that run on gamestart? I don't want to hammer esc button all the time.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Does someone know if it's possible to disable the million videos that run on gamestart? I don't want to hammer esc button all the time.

If they are in the bink video format (.bik) deleting usually works.

**** just got real

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Found out that I definitely did miss something, so I'm restarting again. Lolers

Hitting Etcheverry is apparently possible!

Damnit, was searching like forever to find formular stuff for grapeshot bombs until I finally found out where to look (thanks internet). That was a pretty non-obvious scene, which could have needed at least a little ingame-hint.

Also, does someone know how exactly that mutagen stuff works? I know that I can add them to some skills in the character screen, but how exactly do they work then? Only if the skill where one has been added is somehow active or activated or do they work always? Feels a bit strange to add some regeneration and poison and whatever mutagen to a skill that allowes Geralt to block arrows.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I dont' know what you mean Lexx, I got my grapeshot recipe from

Cedric

easy-peasy.

You can only mutate skills that are at the end of their particular branch - my guess is that they always work, since most of TW2 skills are passive anyway. So yeah, I think they're not really about 'mutating' the particular skill, but just adding some bonuses.

I'm not a fan of invest 6 points into basic tree before unlocking other trees deal, I ran around for most of Chapter 1 with all my talents saved up thinking I'd find a story-based unlock trigger somewhere. :sorcerer: Maybe it's for balance reasons.

I didn't know that you get it from that npc. Especially because I didn't saw him anymore later anyway. Just found him again later by accident, because I've waited some hours (then he showed up again on the old spot).

I keep hearing this game is very C&C heavy. like, to see everything this game has to offer you have to play through it at least three times (?) :sorcerer: seriously? some quests lock you out of other quests depending on your choices.

apparently, there's a whole chapter you'll "miss" no matter what you do, for example... anyone beat it twice yet?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm still in Chapter 1. In fact I've only just left the town there for the first time. Wish I had more time...

Question: Mutagens. I was given one by

some random guy in Flotsam

and it shows up in inventory but the instructions for taking it are a little obtuse. Is that one taken automatically? Because meditate, go to character and 'find an ability slot that takes one' doesn't seem to work as I cannot see any mutagen slots there.

Also, slightly annoyed that selling formulae for potions makes them disappear from the alchemy list when brewing since I bothered to check that the formulae were written in the journal before selling them. You'd think Geralt could as easily get his journal out as fish around for individual recipes...

I just installed and according to the launcher my PC meets High requirements.

I just installed it and I can't use the configuration screen. The buttons are all jumbled together. I can't use the register game program, because it doesn't accept any keyboard input (I just tried those two on TW1 for comparison and they work fine there) and lastly, the game will only run if I lower my desktop resolution to something like 1600x1200 or less (yeah, not game resolution, my effin desktop resolution)... what the **** hell?!?! :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm 6 hours into the game and I've found the first must have mod. Weightless items.

Now how the hell do you meditate again? :sorcerer:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah that's all pretty erm...wrong :sorcerer:

I reckon it's the Australian government, they've hacked your PC to stop you being corrupted by the game's content.

Well, I can still run it, but only at reduced resolutions. Otherwise it just just pretends to be launching and then exits back to the launcher menu. Maybe it's time to have a look at the Gog forums and see if anybody has any hints.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm 6 hours into the game and I've found the first must have mod. Weightless items.

Now how the hell do you meditate again? >_

Ctrl, middle icon

I have Witcher 2 ready to go, but then I discovered you can import your save game from Witcher 1.

I dont' have one anymore, so I'm playing through Witcher 1 again. I forgot how great this game was. Definitely getting back my game vibe. In chapter 3.

I've played through most of the Prologue, but I'm holding off until I finish up the first one, so I have a save to import. But since I also decided that the Witcher 2 would be a great excuse to put some money into computer, I have a new video card on the way early next week and an AMD quad core to replace my dual core, whose install didn't go as planned. Turns out my current, older board is happy with all the AM2+ quad cores, except the one I bought. So, things have been in pieces while I figure out how to solve this issue. Guess I needed a reminder of why I build complete systems rather than upgrading bit by bit.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

I keep hearing this game is very C&C heavy. like, to see everything this game has to offer you have to play through it at least three times (?)

Hard to say, I think I'm only halfway thorugh or maybe less, but there are some clear choices to be made and it clearly sounds like they change your experience. Of course they could all be Biofakes, but I don't think so.

Certainly you make a choice on who to ally with at the end of Chapter 1, that changes the end of that chapter and I think also what happens, who you meet, in Ch2.