Witcher 2

That, son, is why God gave you an imagination.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guy on NeoGAF posted snippets from Euro mags reviews:

PC-Action

+ Charismatic, totally cool hero

+ decisions have a major impact on story and gameplay

+ Brilliant graphics, dense atmosphere

+ Prima drawn characters

- Story is weaker towards the end

- 3 Act to short and poor in Quests

- combat control sometimes inaccurate "

Score: Sehr gut (very good)

Pelite Magazine

Sexist, humoristic, atmospheric, brutal game which redeems all the expectations I had about it. Excelllent fantasy journey, that keeps the dream of this year of being the best roleplaying year ever alive"

Score: 93%

Jeuxvideo magazine

conclusion = The Witcher 2 keeps it's promises and even more. The rpg that's cd project give to us is simply hallucinating. The devs give us an intelligent rpg, adult, beautiful and damn immersive. TW2 is higher than the first, and I even could say that it's the best rpg i have ever played.

Score: 19/20

Damn PSU still not here, heh. Reviews look promising, but then again are reviews.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've got my fingers crossed that the game at least runs ok, fifty billion graphics options doesn't mean **** if it turns out that the game only uses one cpu or gpu core, Shogun 2 burnt me recently, that game is shelved till they patch up the performance issues. :)

I've got my fingers crossed that the game at least runs ok, fifty billion graphics options doesn't mean **** if it turns out that the game only uses one cpu or gpu core, Shogun 2 burnt me recently, that game is shelved till they patch up the performance issues. :)

In one of their press conferences CD Projekt Red's PR guy showed a screenie where the game was using all 6(? don't recall how many) cores of the playing rig's processor. Not definitive, but certainly gives hope.

In one of their press conferences CD Projekt Red's PR guy showed a screenie where the game was using all 6(? don't recall how many) cores of the playing rig's processor. Not definitive, but certainly gives hope.

Reassuring, thanks ;)

And Skidrow released sadly. Its cracked for real this time. Still, there actually seems to be ,even in the pirate community, a strong motion to buy the game regardless.

I had my money on Reloaded. And hey, there's always a motion to buy the game, at the bottom of the NFOs :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Really wonder how they have done it, if it was said that the game needs a day-one patch that adds the missing 5% to make it work.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

That day-one patch was already released. Polish CE was playable as of last night/this morning.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dang, that explains it then. Now the better question is: Why can't I play with my legal version already? :>

Folks should release their games as soon as a pirated version shows up prior to the release date they wanted to go (if the game is done until then, of course).

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dang, that explains it then. Now the better question is: Why can't I play with my legal version already? :>

Folks should release their games as soon as a pirated version shows up prior to the release date they wanted to go (if the game is done until then, of course).

You just have to wait until 0700 GMT anyway.

Because all the retailers they have deals to hold the game until the release date would probably sue them.

You'd end up destroying the entire scheduled release system. Which would have negative ramifications for every single retailer that's not next door to the warehouse.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You just have to wait until 0700 GMT anyway.

Well, for me personally it's not a big deal anyway. I don't plan to play the game before next weekend, because of lack of time and FNV Honest Hearts release tomorrow. :>

But it always sucks if you bought a game and can't play it, while ninja pirate monkeys are playing already.

Edited by Lexx

so tempting to download just to receive that letter

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Still waiting for my version anyway.

Guess the only downside of having a physical version.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So yeah, I watched a Polish livestream earlier today since it's going to be a while before I can play TW2. Man, good times. The livestreamer and the viewer's reactions to the sex scenes was gold. GOTYAY confirmed!

Impressions from the livestream (no spoilers): it's gorgeous, normal difficulty looks hard as hell, combat looks great, great voice-acting and writing, great C&C

And Gamereactor.no has their review up. 10/10

And... installed. Tray motor just went on my DVD so I would like to record my gratitude to whoever thought of the stick-a-bent-paperclip-in-here emergency release hole.

Crap censored Aus version despite not even being in that MA15 afflicted country, but at least it means I get to play earlier. Now to see whether the 87,000,000hz I'm missing will actually mean anything.

OH GOD IT'S STARTING UP.