Dragon Age 2

Gorth

A friend of mine says Bioware released the PC version with the low-res, highly compressed textures for the 360 version and now they've realised the mistake and are offering a 'patch' with the proper textures. Things like that makes me think that BioWare doesnt really care about the franchise. (Which is completely right, imo. They should drop it completely)

This has been my feeling as well. The Dragon Age Team, somewhat feels like a schizophrenic group of people that have this game, but don't know what they are doing with it and why.

The Mass Effect team at Bioware however seem to be a group of people that love the game and the setting and continue to develop it further and make it even better.

Simply put, you are SOOOO wanting DA:O to fit your definition, you'll lie about it. fine with me.

Heh, I'll give you a shiny dollar coin if you can show one single instance where I have lied. Everything I've stated as fact has had a link, and where I've used quotes I've provided the link to the context too. In contrast, with Volourn style quoting...

DA:O sold [in] 2.7 [million]

Agreed (note: link added by me).

ME2 selling 3 million+

[citation needed]

Citation from EA states 2 million sold in worldwide while

EA quarterly report says 1.6 million sold through] for Q4 2010/ calendar Q1 2011; FY 2010 ends March 31st according to the same document therefore the ME2 sales figure is for- as best as can be ascertained- approximately its first 12 weeks of sales.

Retail, DA:O sold 1.3 million [citation needed], with around 500K[citation needed] on PC and the rest on Console.

ME2 sold 500-600K [citation needed] on PC with the rest on Xbox 360 at retail.

At this point you can either post your sources, concede with dignity, go off the rails or choose not to reply.

You're right, I underestimated....by 3 million for ME2.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/04/14/muzyka-and...eynote-develop/

BioWare founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk have been announced as main keynotes for this year

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Someone buy the game for Monte and make him play it at gunpoint. His character should preferably be called "Mysterio Romance-a-lot", going for the completionist achievement. That means romancing everyone and everything and doing all the sidequests.

I eagerly await his review.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Someone buy the game for Monte and make him play it at gunpoint. His character should preferably be called "Mysterio Romance-a-lot", going for the completionist achievement. That means romancing everyone and everything and doing all the sidequests.

You used to work at Guantanamo Bay, didn't you?

sonsofgygax.JPG

Alright, it looks like french magazines and websites chose their side : members of the game journalism community are not happy with it. 12/20 at jeuxvideo.com, a website not particularly known for being a den of hardcore gamers. Chosen bits :

"What Mass Effect 2 would have been like if it had missed the mark."

"On the whole, it's not even on the level of Awakening, more like a big, uninspired DLC."

"A serious challenger to Gothic 4 for the "worst slaughter of a franchise in the last few years" award."

It felt like the reviewer at Canard PC didn't want to give less than 5, no negociations possible, even though his text screamed "It doesn't deserve average!". Latest post on the boards : "No need for negociations, the ending in itself deserves one less point. My God..."

Edited by Sannom

That's a load of crock. You always work with the highest resolution textures, then you downsize them to medium and low versions.

Also, Volo is right again.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"What Mass Effect 2 would have been like if it had missed the mark."

Awesome :sorcerer:

I was a bit concerned with DA2 when they changed the art style. Not really because I dislike the new style (I haven't played it so I will reserve judgement) but because it was a pretty major change with a very short window between the games, and it seemed to be a sign of other problems.

This game has way too many sidequests.

I'm glad your crystal ball has told you that, since you can't play an uncracked version before Thursday.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm glad your crystal ball has told you that, since you can't play an uncracked version before Thursday.

Unless he's proxied into a region that can.

Or is playing on a console.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Unless he's proxied into a region that can.

Or is playing on a console.

See, I know I shouldn't post when hungry. :sorcerer:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

We all make mistakes. And by "we," I mean "not me."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

From Joystiq review :

There are a couple of longer journeys, but far too many boil down to hopping to the map, talking to someone, killing them (or not) and going back to the quest giver. You will spend far more time than you're comfortable with running back and forth between exits.
I see Bioware still got this quest design thing down pat.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

It isn't the wonder its predecessor was, but Dragon Age II is still a quality role-playing game that focuses on the element of choice to great effect.

8.0 is the new 6.0

It's fun to compare that review with the one for Alpha Protocol.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"It felt like the reviewer at Canard PC didn't want to give less than 5, no negociations possible, even though his text screamed "It doesn't deserve average!". Latest post on the boards : "No need for negociations, the ending in itself deserves one less point. My God..."

That's why a review like this can't be taken seriously (then again, no review can including ones ratinmg any game 10/10). If you don't have the ballz to give your true perosnal opinion/rating, you are too much of a coward hence you ar eonly fit to be laughed at, and ridiculed. If you think DA2 is worthy of a 1 than give it a 1 not a 6. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If you don't have the ballz to give your true perosnal opinion/rating, you are too much of a coward hence you ar eonly fit to be laughed at, and ridiculed.

Or maybe you just realize that despite your personal enjoyment of the game (or lack of it) there are various other criteria you can judge the game by.

That's why a review like this can't be taken seriously (then again, no review can including ones ratinmg any game 10/10). If you don't have the ballz to give your true perosnal opinion/rating, you are too much of a coward hence you ar eonly fit to be laughed at, and ridiculed. If you think DA2 is worthy of a 1 than give it a 1 not a 6. L0LZ

What are you talking about? He did give his honest opinion, he didn't shy away from it.

Metacritic scores are very similar to New Vegas, so it's not like this game is doing incredibly badly, but going by the reviews, it does feel ultra-rushed. And yeah, it also feels like it didn't meet the reception a Bioware game usually meets. I really just skimmed through the reviews, so I'm not certain as to why.