Dragon Age 2

Rosbjerg

Desslock is a moron reviewer who think he knows what he does not know and arrogantly believes he's right. According to him NWN wasn't gonna be released at all, and it was BIO's deth kell. LMFAO What a moran.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

desslock reviews is worth reading... usually. he has been reviewing games, with a particular focus on crpgs, for a long time; he gots perspective that some others lack. is frequent that we read inexplicable reviews and wonder if the author is motivated by fear rather than genuine concerns regarding games. we got no such fears regarding desslock. is not that we agree with desslock 100% (or even +80%,) but he is clearly honest in his opinions and criticisms. also, compared to the vast glut o' self-appointed experts who reviews games, desslock is articulate and intelligent.

sadly, desslock does has some quirks that make his reviews somewhat suspect. am thinking he identifies too strong with some kinda archaic notion o' old skool, although we doubt he would admit it. am recalling his review o' iwd, and his complaints that black isle had the temerity to add new material (monsters, spells, and magic items) to the d&d rules included in interplay's dungeon crawl. adding custom stuff conflicted with desslock's notions o' proper d&d crpg development. ignore for a moment that virtual every Print d&d module released since the 1970's also added new monsters, spells, and magic items, the belief in a Proper method o' developing a d&d crpg so conflicts with Gromnir beliefs that we has difficulty placing much stock in desslock's reviews o' d&d crpgs... and any game for that matter. am a firm subscriber o' the belief that there is no Proper. the dogma o' Proper chills the potential for innovation. (aside: perhaps that is one reason that Gromnir and the codexians rare see eye-to-eye.)

is any event, although desslock embraces a philosophy that is antithetical to Gromnir notions regarding game development, to call desslock a moron would be inaccurate and unfair. his reviews does contain insights and perspectives that is relative unique 'mongst the multitude o' hacks who call themselves game reviewers, and as he IS an old skool proponent, we suspect that his review would align nicely with the majority o' obsidian posters... an additional benefit, no? furthermore, while desslock is frequently wrong, he seems to be one o' the few reviewers who is willing to admit that he has been wrong.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"desslock is articulate and intelligent."

No, no he isn't.

"to call desslock a moron would be inaccurate and unfair"

To call Desslock a moron would be accurate and fair.

Hes a tool, a retart, a moran, and he's a symbol of what is wrong with 'professional' and 'unprofessioanl' reviewers.

A liar, scumbag, and a fool. I mean the guy likes ES games. He ain't that smart.

he also side with Interplay over BIO over NWN.. and, was proven wrong as per usual.

HAHHAHAHAHAS!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Reading that and (after some parsing) your belief that he's inarticulate, unintellegent and retarded is a bit baffling.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"desslock is articulate and intelligent."

No, no he isn't.

"to call desslock a moron would be inaccurate and unfair"

To call Desslock a moron would be accurate and fair.

Hes a tool, a retart, a moran, and he's a symbol of what is wrong with 'professional' and 'unprofessioanl' reviewers.

A liar, scumbag, and a fool. I mean the guy likes ES games. He ain't that smart.

he also side with Interplay over BIO over NWN.. and, was proven wrong as per usual.

HAHHAHAHAHAS!

I see that you consider him of having an IQ less than 51, why that low?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is deesslock your boyfriend? You guys seriously offended by me mocking him? Why defend him so powerfully? He's just a reviewer. Nobody special.

am thinking that were the point o' the last few posters. you appeared to take personal offense o' a guy who reviews games. weird.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Part of Bioware's enduring commitment to moving game narratives forward.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

To just give my opinion about DRM. I have no personal issue with DRM since it does not impact me anymore (it used to at the begining as I did not have internet connection at home).

But I don't really understand publishers since it's evident that DRM has no visible impact on piracy. It may impact second hand sales (but since only preorder and first month sales are important, second hand has little impact on the success), but cracking a game that has a copy protection, CD chack or online activation (even recuring validation) is done the first few days for a game that has a big market.

All in all, I think the ones that suffer the most from DRM are publishers since they spend their money on a functionality that is not required (for a good reason) by legitimate customers and that does nothing for the piracy population with the exception of leting a pirate earning some consideration for having broken the protection.

Of course piracy remains an imortant issue for publishers. But they should find another way to fight against it rather than DRM.

In the end, I still don't know if I will buy DA2. Good thing there may be a demo, it will hopefully help me decide.

Great, Bioware is turning into the video game version of Porky's.

Now imagine if the producers of Porky's made a point of talking about how they were at the forefront of film writing.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Great, Bioware is turning into the video game version of Porky's.

Now imagine if the producers of Porky's made a point of talking about how they were at the forefront of film writing.

Hey, hey. Now you take that back, mister! Porky's had the best and funniest dialog written. It would be an insult to them!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy