Dragon Age 2

Rosbjerg

**** this bull****. There goes my sale, guess I'll go cancel my pre-order tomorrow and put the deposit towards something else. :ermm:

I don't see anything wrong with a small login check once every week...

:lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Meh. Seems like a fair trade for the lack of disc check/multiple installs. If it works, unlike the digital EA store drm. :ermm:

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:blink:

he's from the internet-land. the average connection speed in Japan is 80 MB/s and it's almost free there, too, according to some reports.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

:blink:

he's from the internet-land. the average connection speed in Japan is 80 MB/s and it's almost free there, too, according to some reports.

Meh I'm from Aus and it doesn't bother me. Constantly requiring an internet connection and limited activations are the no-no's of DRM.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I live in a college dormitory where pretty much anything except for browsing is impossible to do during peak hours, aka the time when I am home. I'm lucky if download speeds crawl over 60KB/s. Guess it just follows sharing an internet connection with 100 other young men. I had to give up on World of WarCraft and StarCraft 2 for that reason... I couldn't log on to my characters in World of WarCraft and I kept getting disconnected from StarCraft 2 every 3 minutes.

Yet I can still login to the EA servers when playing Dragon Age.

Loving all the drama queens in this tread crying foul over a simple online check. Clearly the most draconian DRM ever invented, oh wait, it's not. :blink:

o:)

Meh I'm from Aus and it doesn't bother me. Constantly requiring an internet connection and limited activations are the no-no's of DRM.

You'll be glad to know that DA2 DRM also comes with limited activations, free of charge.

Clearly the most draconian DRM ever invented, oh wait, it's not. rolleyes.gif

Of course it's not. So?

You'll be glad to know that DA2 DRM also comes with limited activations, free of charge.
- There is a limit to the number of unique/different PCs that can start/play the game within a time window [5 PCs in 24hrs].

- No limit on the total number of PCs you can install and play the game on.

Only 5 computers in 24 hours?! QUELLE HORREUR!!

Well, with your miserable internet access there, I'm sure that you couldn't even install & patch the final product on the five machines you could do it on every day. :blink:

Damn it, now I can't install it on all my computers at all my holiday homes.... Wait I only have two machines.... And no holiday homes.... :blink:

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

And no holiday homes.... o:)

Whereabouts are you from? I hear Queensland got a lot of new waterfront properties recently (not mention that Cairns is getting cleared of it's current inhabitants) :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well Razor et al. must be pretty happy with this, heh. Programs that have to phone home, I just have to shake my head at.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, well Finns are used to bending over and taking it up the wazoo. The rest of the world is not.

If that came from anyone else but a Swede, it would be funny. Now it's just tragically ironic. :blink:

Edited by Nepenthe

Of course it's not. So?
Yeah, well Finns are used to bending over and taking it up the wazoo. The rest of the world is not.
So what exactly is this grievous crime that is committed here which deserves your(addressing everyone here) absolute boycott of otherwise perfectly fine RPG experience ?

Are you perhaps overreacting a bit, maybe a tiny little bit ?

So the game requires you to activate it online, after which you can play it offline for several days before needing reactivation.

Are you perhaps saying there's still a place in the earth where internet is not available once a week ? Bitch please.

Edited by trulez

I'd wager because it's impotent for its purpose and becomes an irritant, or that it seems spy-like.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd wager because it's impotent for its purpose and becomes an irritant, or that it seems spy-like.

I'd wager it's because it's Bioware. :thumbsup:

I'd wager it's because it's Bioware. :thumbsup:

Eh, everytime someone uses something like this. EA did it with one of the C&Cs and Ubisoft did it.

so, just so we is clear 'bout the drm being used for da2...

1) 'bout once every week we gotta log-in to ea servers to play da2

2) we can only play on five or fewer different pcs

is that it?

am seeing how such restrictions could be problematic for some (though we has no sympathy for folks who needs more than 5 pcs to play da2). am also recognizing that some folks will rail 'gainst any drm as a matter o' principal... and we is perfectly ok with such a stance. draw a line in the sand and declare, "No more!" good for you. however, there is some dishonesty from folks who is claiming that the reason they is offended is 'cause of how egregious and invasive this latest drm incarnation is. am honest feeling sympathy for folks who live on the slopes o' mount everest and cannot depend on a weekly internet connection. no doubt some o' you irate posters is of the Bambuti tribe somewheres in sub-saharan africa, and we do lament your sketchy internet connection that will make da2 functionally unplayable. but for the rest of you living in habitable portions o' the first and second world, am gonna have to cry foul o' those who suggest that this drm places an undue burden 'pon you and your gameplaying experience... 'less we is not understanding the demands o' the drm correct.

again, if you rail simply as a matter o' principle, then so be it... and good for you. but 'least be honest.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)