Dragon Age 2

Rosbjerg

wow, 58 pages in less than 24 hours. I find it somewhat disturbing

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

You sure that was ME2 not ME3? ME3 isn't even going to be out for months on any console... PS3 probably got a ME2 demo becausde ME2 has already been out on 360/PC anyways.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, they did the character creator for DAO PC last time, and found a ME2 demo worthwhile. Considering the opening of the game has been touring the world for months, they might just as well put that out as a demo...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Requires online validation every few days? There's another reason to not buy it.

Stardock does fine with absolutely no DRM. Why can't EA do the same?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

yeah im going to cancel my preorder and buy on steam, I'll deal with steam, or disc check games, but I won't go along with anything more restrictive than that

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

you know what REALLY pisses me off about it, they made that idiotic deadline to preorder to get all the characters in the game, and only now that the deadline is over do they reveal this DRM scheme

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

you know what REALLY pisses me off about it, they made that idiotic deadline to preorder to get all the characters in the game, and only now that the deadline is over do they reveal this DRM scheme

What a coincidence ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Didn't they drop that for ME1 after Spore's outcry.

What an odd decision to do it again then... :ermm:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

That's actually a really good point, if I had been excited for the game and preordered I would be pissed. They can't cancel & get refunds?

I can deal with dumb marketing, but dumb marketing that gets in your way and damages your experience is quite another thing. In the wider scheme of things,though, it's another big release that feels that online checks are the way to go - and sales will probably be inconclusive enough to validate the decision. Go go continuous-online-check-you-don't-own-anything-forced-updates-micro-transaction-mod-unfriendly-model.

Well, crossing fingers and hoping that "catch up" version with all extras that is bound to be released in some distant future will have it patched out by then.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Are PC sales numbers even relevant anymore?

I'm not saying yes or no. Just asking.

As pc sales numbers shrink, the number of pirated copies siphons off an increasingly large percentage of the potential income (assuming number of pirated copies remains more or less consistent)

I mean if you're selling a million pc copies then maybe 10000 sales lost to piracy is liveable.

But if you're only selling 50,000 pc copies then 10000 lost sales is a pretty big chunk of the potential take.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I don't see anything wrong with a small login check once every week since PCs capable of playing the game are more or less likely to be connected to the internet anyway. Don't see what all the fuss is about.

Actually I'm out in the boondocks, and my internet is spotty at best. I know quite a few folks who have the same problems. I don't mind an initial activation, I can usually get it to work long enough for that, but every couple days is a hassle.

I just noticed the Steam version just uses standard Steam DRM, so that might be a better choice, except my internet connection sucks and downloading a huge game would be worse than the check every few days.

Lame. There also doesn't seem to be any real rationale here. How does this prevent piracy?

Are PC sales numbers even relevant anymore?

If you are an MMO or Blizzard yes. For Mulit, not as much as they were.

I mean if you're selling a million pc copies then maybe 10000 sales lost to piracy is liveable.

I would say piracy is 1:1 at kindest estimates.

For example ME2 was pirated 2 million times, I doubt ME2 reached anywhere near those sales on PC.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

PC game sales are notoriously hard to track, but news from last sebtember suggest that direct downloads are at least half of all games sold. But like Steam holiday sales demostrate, average price for downloaded games are lower.

according to NPD Group's "PC Games Digital Downloads: Analyst Report," during the first six months of 2010, more PC full-game digital downloads were purchased than physical units.

The first half of 2010 is the first time period in which sales via digital download made up the majority of total PC game unit sales

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Meh. Kind of regretting I went with PC for this one. Well, at least it's cheaper than the console version. (By 15e in this case, since I used the right store) :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif