Dragon Age 2

Rosbjerg

It's like one of those really awkward and mood breaking product placement scenes, except no one is getting paid, they are just soiling both franchises.

I'd agree with you if I didn't have to A) buy dead space 2 first b) probably activate the armor as well. Since I won't be doing either, nothing will be "soiled".

p.s. With the way the art design for da2 seems to be going, I seriously doubt a dead space armor is going to move it one way or the other. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If they're going to whore themselves out like this, at least they could do it for a good cause....

...Minsc and Boo as unlockable characters with original VA! :lol:

...Minsc and Boo as unlockable characters with original VA! :(

that would be awesome :lol: never gonna happen though :(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I hope that they don't restrict the armor to the same platform as Dead Space 2 ownership. That would make me sad.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In Dead Space that pannel at the front was a display Isaac could look down at. In Dragon Age it's there to resemble the Dead Space armour, so yes, pretty usless. I think it would have looked better if they just copied the Dead Space 2 armour completely perhaps minus the health and stasis bars on the back.

If they're going to whore themselves out like this, at least they could do it for a good cause....

If they go Anime-ish give me bikini-clad female PC's (high armor value *obviously*) and cat ear helmets and I won't complain... :woot:

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

In Dead Space that pannel at the front was a display Isaac could look down at. In Dragon Age it's there to resemble the Dead Space armour, so yes, pretty usless. I think it would have looked better if they just copied the Dead Space 2 armour completely perhaps minus the health and stasis bars on the back.

Or they could just stop these shameless self promotions and actually make a case for buying their games other than a crappy armor that I can do without.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

...Minsc and Boo as unlockable characters with original VA! :woot:

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

I dunno, do fans of Dead Space and DA2 overlap much? I can't imagine buying Dead Space 2 full price to get some armor.

I hope that they don't restrict the armor to the same platform as Dead Space 2 ownership. That would make me sad.

They didn't with blood dragon armor. Or with most ME2 DLC, before the PS3 version - in fact, I should see if Blood Dragon armor is available for PS3 ME2.

Edit: (Not useful for determining future behaviour. Blood Dragon armor is included in the PS3 version out-of-the-box.)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I dunno, do fans of Dead Space and DA2 overlap much? I can't imagine buying Dead Space 2 full price to get some armor.

ignoring for a moment that ea don't own minsc and boo, am curious to hear what peoples thinks would be the relative costs to add unlockable characters (with dedicated vo resources) versus adding some goofy armour.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

ignoring for a moment that ea don't own minsc and boo, am curious to hear what peoples thinks would be the relative costs to add unlockable characters (with dedicated vo resources) versus adding some goofy armour.

HA! Good Fun!

Ignoring for a moment that a crappy armor won't make me buy Dead Space or DA2 before they hit bottom prices, am curious to hear why they though that an armor would work. VS a fully developed module.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

"am curious to hear why they though that an armor would work."

on what do you base your assumption? you believe the intent behind including the armour is to encourage you to buy the game "before they hit bottom prices"? why?

am not thinking that such a trivial addition is meant to complete alter your attitudes 'bout either game.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

on what do you base your assumption? you believe the intent behind including the armour is to encourage you to buy the game "before they hit bottom prices"? why?

am not thinking that such a trivial addition is meant to complete alter your attitudes 'bout either game.

HA! Good Fun!

Why? Maybe because release day DLC are made for such a thing otherwise you have to pay extra for a piece of crappy armor. If it's not altering my attitudes about either game what good is it; shouldn't DLC be the thing that helps me make up my undecided mind?

village_idiot.gif

HA! Good Fun!

Why? Maybe because release day DLC are made for such a thing otherwise you have to pay extra for a piece of crappy armor. If it's not altering my attitudes about either game what good is it; shouldn't DLC be the thing that helps me make up my undecided mind?

so, again, why does you believe that the intent o' the developer is to sway you, an individual who currently has no desire to buy either game before the prices bottom out? you honest believe that the trivial stuff that typically gets included as pre-order bonuses is meant to convince those with marginal interest in the title to go out and pre-order?

*snort*

edit:

look, as far as we can tell, this armour thing encourages folks who were already planning to get da2 to also get some other game... dead rising2? how much time/effort/money does it cost ea to develop and release the armour add-on? can't be much. so... how many additional copies o' dead rising 2 must be sold to makes the armour worth ea's efforts?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

You don't strike me as the "undecided about DA2" type.

so, again, why does you believe that the intent o' the developer is to sway you, an individual who currently has no desire to buy either game before the prices bottom out? you honest believe that the trivial stuff that typically gets included as pre-order bonuses is meant to convince those with marginal interest in the title to go out and pre-order?

*snort*

Then I completely miss the point of pre-order, day one DLC. It doesn't discourage piracy and it doesn't sway customers, why do companies continue to include it then? For the distributor it makes sense, since their pre-order packs may convince the customers that were thinking of pre ordering.

edit:

look, as far as we can tell, this armour thing encourages folks who were already planning to get da2 to also get some other game... dead rising2? how much time/effort/money does it cost ea to develop and release the armour add-on? can't be much. so... how many additional copies o' dead rising 2 must be sold to makes the armour worth ea's efforts?

HA! Good Fun!

It made sense when DAO offered the dragon blood armor for ME2, since it was the same target demography and customer base. I don't see Dead Space having much in common with DA2. Do you really think that anyone buying DA2 will go so nuts over an armor that they will spend $60 bucks on a game? A lot of money to pay for a butt ugly armor.

village_idiot.gif

Then I completely miss the point of pre-order, day one DLC. It doesn't discourage piracy and it doesn't sway customers,

Because it doesn't sway you doesn't mean it doesn't sway anyone.

From Grommir:

"so, again, why does you believe that the intent o' the developer is to sway you"

village_idiot.gif

The "you" is very specific. You as in Orogun.

This marketing campaign didn't work on you. You're someone that is pretty outspoken about not being all that keen on preordering Dragon Age 2 in the first place. You even stated how something like this doesn't make you want to reconsider. Since you're not even considering it to begin with, it's not all that surprising that adding this hasn't pushed you over the edge.

I'm not sure what's so hard to follow about Gromnir's point.

Edited by Thorton_AP

The "you" is very specific. You as in Orogun.

This marketing campaign didn't work on you. You're someone that is pretty outspoken about not being all that keen on preordering Dragon Age 2 in the first place. You even stated how something like this doesn't make you want to reconsider. Since you're not even considering it to begin with, it's not all that surprising that adding this hasn't pushed you over the edge.

I'm not sure what's so hard to follow about Gromnir's point.

I'm a potential customer, if the marketing strategies are not directed towards potential buyers then I don't see the point of it. Considering that I'm an RPG fan, I am DA2's target demography. They don't know me, they don't know if come release date I might buy the game in the next 10 days, I'm a faceless number on a company board. If this marketing ploy it's not to broaden their audience; attract people that might not be all that interested in survival horror or RPGs to their product. Then I'm completely missing the point here.

village_idiot.gif

"I'm an RPG fan, I am DA2's target demography."

No way no how do the EA big wigs think that some silly armour is gonna convince people who loathe the idea of DA2 to buy it. It's for the people who are the fence, those who may want to wait, etc., etc.

YOU are not DA2's target demography. Sorry, dude, but sadly Grom is right on this one. Sucks to admit but its' tue it's damn true.

YOU are irrelavant to EA. And, so am I.

btw, This pre order is also useless when it comes to convincing someone like me to preorder it since I alreayd planned too but ti does give those already interested in a bonus. So, that's another reason why these bonus DLCs are a good idea from a business standpoint whether you like it or not since it probably takes less than 10 minutes to make it. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As a video game fan I am the target demographic of all video games and if any marketing scheme doesn't work on me then it obviously doesn't work on anyone else and is therefore completely useless. Also the sun revolves around me while simultaneously shining out of my butt. How is this possible? Solve that mystery Obsidian Forum Community.

I wonder what, if anything, would be going too far in terms of cross-promotion. American football gear with Madden 2011 logo armor? Maybe Need for Speed drivers suit for the rogues? The Sims diamond™ magic effects? Tiger's Wooden PGA™ Golf Clubber Club?

Barbie Horse Adventures Crotchless Panties?

Edited by Hell Kitty