What are you playing now?

Tigranes

Picked up AC2 cheap via the steam sales.. the low price battled my distate of the drm and won.. :shifty:

A lot more enjoyable then the first one I'd say.. Even though it's doing a lot of the same things, it doesn't actually feel quite as repetitive.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I never did play TR Chronicles or TR Angel of Darkness. I'm fairly interested in playing Chronicles for the first time but I'm not so excited about Angel of Darkness. From what I've heard playing through it is going to be like playing through Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor.

AoD is a very underrated game. I played through it three times or so, since it was the only game with good graphics I could play on my computer back in the day.

The only thing that really sucks about the game is the sidekick and the level he has to play through, plus the clunky controls, but for the rest it's a decent game overall. Especially the Paris levels are quite memorable (infiltrating the Louvre, fighting through an entire apartment building with a hired killer). It's definitely much better than Legend.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished AlternativA. Cliffhanger ending, overall the game wasn't too bad all things considered, the voice acting isn't amazing but they are a small developer so I can excuse that. The puzzle design is a bit a simple, almost always the solution is in the immediate area, or you can benefit from friendly NPCs having the solution (although it does make sense that your allies would be able to help you out). Not sure about it being worth the $15.

Now, back to Pirates. Failed the first time (retired with 5000 acres, 10k gold and the busty attractive daughter of Curacao's governor. Better idea this time, is to avenge my family, find them instead of dallying about for 20 years trying to be Francis Drake.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well I was playing AC2 this afternoon, then did one of the Assassin's Tombs in Venice... and that sucked out all my enjoyment of the game. I was practically foaming at the mouth over that. Maybe it's because I've just had a batch of the same issue on Tron Evolution.. but I really am loathing platform-jump-jump games that have those sequences in.

Playing the rest of the game is fun..but the tombs , especially that one I was just doing really make me grip. They're fairly artificial to make you bounce around..and then they increase the difficulty by having camera angles suddenly shift and change and lock you in at odd angles. It doesn't become about playing the game but memorising when those camera shifts happen and adjust keypresses to match.. If it was a few degree's different you'd run in a straight line when you hit a key, but because its just set so...you have to finaggle it to run in a slightly diagonal manner and the slightest wrong twitch wastes time and bounces you off a wall the wrong way...

But anyway, now that I finished that tomb I'm going to have a long break from that and see if I can settle my grouch.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

man that sucks, those tombs were one of my favorite parts of the game, maybe the problem is not using a controller? I never found the controls problematic at all with an xbox controller (quite the opposite actually) but I can imagine it might be more challenging with mouse and keyboard...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Miranda's face is kinda creepy. Not the model itself, but the way she completely lacks any kind of emotion. She doesn't emote at all, and that bugs me, considering that Bioware is pretty decent at facial animations.

I never noticed, I rarely focused on her face in conversation.

They clearly focused their art resources elsewhere.

Edited by Hurlshot

Miranda's face is kinda creepy. Not the model itself, but the way she completely lacks any kind of emotion. She doesn't emote at all, and that bugs me, considering that Bioware is pretty decent at facial animations.

Her teeth.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Her teeth.

:huh: her chin; use in case of reaper invasion only.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

ugh, 4.5 years of weekly use later and my xbox 360 died.

i mean, i guess i figured it would happen sooner or later, but I kinda always thought it would happen to someone else.

now i need a new one. what sucks is i dont think im going to buy any more xbox games next year, but I refuse to let my entire 30+ xbox game library sit unusable on my shelf.

i guess i'll just hold out for a good sale or something

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Miranda's just ugly, weird looking face.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra