What are you playing now?

Tigranes

Finished Splinter Cell Conviction, now thinking about getting Castlevania Lords of Shadows.

So you enjoied Splinter Cell : Conviction despite the fact that some muppet made the call that the game should be black and white when you're in shadow, and colour when you're not, may I also add that this is the most jarring, dumb, idiotic, stupid thing I've ever seen done in a game under the pretense of communicating messages to the player.

If I ever meet the person responsible for making that call, and there is always a chance of that, I will demand an apology!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

That's a lot of hate for something entirely cosmetic. Lots of games have used the monochrome-color duality for different things. Did the SCC steal your daughter of something?

As always my tongue in cheeck humour has failed to communicate.... Just imagine it being said like it was Stan from American Dad.

and it did give me a massive splitting headache!

Edited by Nightshape

That's a lot of hate for something entirely cosmetic.

It's not entirely cosmetic. Black and white if you're hidden, colour if you're not. Nightshape's hate for it is rather over the top though.

What SCC really needed was colourful icons that shot out of peoples bodies when they died.

Hell kitty... I've left Codemasters. :ermm:

I personally never liked that either.

Edited by Nightshape

That's a lot of hate for something entirely cosmetic.

It's not entirely cosmetic. Black and white if you're hidden, colour if you're not. Nightshape's hate for it is rather over the top though.

What SCC really needed was colourful icons that shot out of peoples bodies when they died.

Ah, nothing beats the sight of fake guts and blood in the morning :p

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

Been completely hooked on World of Tanks closed beta. It's the first MMO I really like, there's just something in WWII tanks. Soon I will be able to get a Panzer IV and actually kill more than mosquitos. Can't do much more than scout for artillery and go for surprise attacks with the Panzer III I have now. Armor is good, but the cannon.. I could just as well throw rocks at battle tanks.

The way the game creates random battles is a bit wonky though. No matter what tank you have, the likelihood of you ending up being one of the crappiest tanks on the battlefield is HIGH. Go to a random battle with a Pz III, there's Tigers and other heavy tanks laughing at you. Go to a random battle with a Tiger, there's IS7's and a Maus laughing at you. Hopefully they do something to that in the final game.

I keep sitting down and doing an hour of Fear 2 here and there. Can't seem to really get into a long block of time on it.

Not sure if it's because I encountered all those atmosphere building tricks in the original, but they don't seem to be working on this one.. rather then building a moody/scary atmosphere I'm finding the "hallucination" sequences more annoying then anything else.. :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I keep sitting down and doing an hour of Fear 2 here and there. Can't seem to really get into a long block of time on it.

Not sure if it's because I encountered all those atmosphere building tricks in the original, but they don't seem to be working on this one.. rather then building a moody/scary atmosphere I'm finding the "hallucination" sequences more annoying then anything else.. :)

I'm playing the original, and I'm having a hard time sticking to it. I am playing 20 minutes at a time. I'm not a big shooter fan, so that is probably it. But I also am a bit tired of running through warehouses.

Getting a little bored of WoW. So I'm playing more Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Go to a random battle with a Tiger, there's IS7's and a Maus laughing at you. Hopefully they do something to that in the final game.

IS7? Is this a fantasy game?

Many of the prototype tanks that never left the drawing board/mass produced are in the game.

Just got Pz IV and a turret upgrade, oh the feel of power. Though one lucky bastard shot a got a lucky critical in my arse from a mile away with a T-28! Engine kaput and on fire, I guess I'm not so mighty after all..

Edited by Slinky

Just finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Thoughts: Good/Decent game, depends on what you are after, if you want a gorgeous and gothic adventure game with cool battles and really great art design then go no further. If you want metroidvania then its a little sparse. The castle is only about 5 of the 20 hours of gameplay, which is unfortunate as it has some of the best and most castlevania-esque moments in it.

I did not like god of war, but I did like this. The story is a muddle though, and its what keeps the game imo from being a Great game. Still, its well worth playing through once just to see everything.

SMALL SPOILER

Also, my single favorite part of the 20 hour game is the 3 minute cutscene after the credits roll, which bodes well for the sequel. I can see how it would make some people mad. Like the end of assassins creed 2... I loved it, but some people did not.

END SPOILER

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Back to EVE, going for Minny ships. Will be satisfying to fire 1400mm guns.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played some The Witcher today for the first time. Beginning feels ok and I am now interested in Witcher 2.

Funny enough, I needed much time until I've understand the combat system.... Restarted the game to read the hints again, just to realize that the hints are also in my quest book. Blah.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm (re)playing Summoner and the combat is pretty similar to the Witcher, having to press at the right time to 'chain' attacks. I forgot how much fun it is to sneak around with the thief and backstab. The Witcher 1 sorely misses stealth, it's good that the sequel will expand the gameplay at least a bit.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Is World of Tank kind of like a 3D Navy Field with tanks? haha

I have no idea what kind of a game Navy Field is, but I would say WoT is with tanks what FreeSpace is with space fighters. Not a simulator, but not completely arcade either. Really fun game.

Finished AC2. What a fantastico game. Leonardo Da Vinci is just brilliant, just brilliant. That being said, dialogue is again fantastic, as well as the other characters and main story. Loved how they added new layers of storytelling, e.g. Subject 16 videos and the codex pages. But somehow sequence 13 felt out of place (I know this was cut out from the original release and sold as DLC). But Enzio had a nice speach at the end of this sequence, which I like. Being able to customize Enzio by buying weapons and armor as well as to upgrade Monteriggioni was a nice little thing. Nethertheless, gameplay is still not perfect. Combat is far to easy and there are a lot of useless side missions. Collecting feathers is just a pain in the ass, although you get a nice ingame reward. Treasures become very quick useless.

I think I will start playing AC:Brotherhood singleplayer tomorrow.

Played some The Witcher today for the first time. Beginning feels ok and I am now interested in Witcher 2.

Funny enough, I needed much time until I've understand the combat system.... Restarted the game to read the hints again, just to realize that the hints are also in my quest book. Blah.

I am finding the combat in The Witcher a bit odd.

I was hoping for more since I heard there were elements of player skill involved. They really should have started you off with extra combo moves to start the game off though. I thought I was doing it wrong because I kept redoing the same attack.