What are you playing now?

Tigranes

Still goof off with NV & the increased spawn mod + GECK now and then, but more often I just post on forums.

Thinking about playing Two Worlds again for a bit, or maybe I'll finally check out Witcher.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah because it's just dumb shooting all the time right?

So it's not an FPS if there's intelligent shooting in first person?

What's the difference between intelligent and dumb shooting? Serious Sam vs Rainbow Six?

Anyway, I think what Majek is getting at is that in an FPS the primary gameplay is shootin' s**t. It's why you play the game. If you're not shooting someone or something then is really nothing else to do. While games like System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Vampire: Bloodlines, and Fallout 3 all feature shooting from the first person perspective, shooting isn't necessarily the primary gameplay component, and perhaps depending on how you play something you can mostly avoid.

After we have decided what an FPS is, can we please get back to the usual "what is an RPG?" discussion? Or was that already going on in that other threat?

/sarcasm

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

everybody here should already know what an RPG is. Josh Sawyer spoke on the subject a couple of times :lol: I tend to agree with his definition of an RPG.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Temple of Elemental Evil - The thread here inspired me to play it, and I actually have gotten farther than I have in the past (without cheating, at least.) It is amazing that this game was done by the same people who did Arcanum, it is really a terrible job of story and pacing. I think the worst part is the first dungeon (moathouse) is extremely difficult. XP is fairly limited, so when you arrive at the dungeon, you will likely be underpowered. If you manage to survive and clear it out, the village you just saved barely acknowledges it. It felt rather pointless. The loot is pretty weak too!

Ah well, the combat engine is still phenomenal.

Ah well, the combat engine is still phenomenal.

this is true :p I tolerate the story only because I'm anticipating grande (sic) battles ahead

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Scraped together enough ISK to rebuild the fleet. Now I have to farm lvl 4 missions in Wuos. Here's hoping I get Gone Berserk 5 times in a row.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Scraped together enough ISK to rebuild the fleet. Now I have to farm lvl 4 missions in Wuos. Here's hoping I get Gone Berserk 5 times in a row.

This continues to make little to no sense. Not that I mind, as I don't really want to know.

I'm playing UT99, because it actually runs on my netbook.

Well my EVE account got hacked a while ago so lost everything material.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

*virtual material

:(

I'm not quite sure what you are going for with that statement, but it came across as pretty douchy. If I lose all the data on my computer, it is still a messed up situation, even though it is not a tangible thing I have lost. Virtual goods in a game are the same thing, they have a value, they represent and investment of time, and it sucks when they are lost.

*virtual material

;)

Quite true, was referring to an in-game context. ISK was replaced but the ships were actually worth a lot more than the hacker sold it for. Lazy bastard too, 100 mill for a Rokh when he could have easily gotten 250-300 for the gear I had in (425 IIs, 3 cap rigs). But then again, he was trying to be quick :lol:

@Hurley: It's more like losing all the data on your virtual computer in a video game.

I understand that it took time and effort to compile all that neat stuff, but the actual "material" value is miniscule. Which is why I made the douchy correction.

Edited by Purkake

Not a big deal, and hardly being a 'douche'. I'll usually use the EVE speak and then wait to see if someone will comment on a lack of understanding, it's like that because that's the way it is.

For some reason you get 5x more xp and credits in World of Tanks, so I grinded a Tiger for myself in no time. The last battle with a VK3601 was one of my best, killed 5 enemies (15 tanks per team), got loads of xp and bought the legendary Tiger with a wiiiiiide smile on my face. Too bad I once again forgot what it means to get a one tier higher tank... the matchmaking throws you in games where some people might be 3 tiers ahead of you.

So there you are, very likely with a slower tank than previously, which has the same cannon as the previous tank (or even worse), against monsters of a tanks. You might have more hp and armor than before, but that doesn't exactly comfort if you can't even hurt your enemies and they can mop the floor with you. This is going to last for a while again, till I get the xp for better cannon.

When that happens, and I get in a game where I am one of the monsters.. muwhahaha BWAHAHAWAAA!!

Well my EVE account got hacked a while ago so lost everything material.

I don't play EVE, or any other MMO, but I know how I'd feel if some c*** hacked into an offline save game repository.

Malicious hacking is on the list of pointless ****ing **** which should be punished with being locked in a penthouse apartment with Julian Assange.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.