What are you playing now?

Tigranes

Well, we have one of the three people in the world without a widescreen monitor in the forum. :)

I'm still using a 17" CRT.

I traded mine in for a 12'. But it's a cool one. Looking for bigger LED/LCD now to compliment it, can't decide.

http://www.wacom.eu/index2.asp?lang=en&pid=96

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I was trying to play the Escape from Butcher Bay campaing. It was released in 2004.

You may be playing the campaign from 2004, but you're also playing the 2009 version of it.

Apparently yes. It's still weird if you ask me, the only aspect ratio the game supports is 16:9. If you have 16:10 widescreen, it's black bars (although small ones) or stretch. If you have 4:3 or 5:4 monitor, you're screwed. Okay, widescreen has come to stay, but this is still quite wacky.

Gorgo claims to be using a twelve FEET monitor.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What the hell people? 24''+ LCD or bust!

I'm dual-headed, 24"+20". :lol:

Dual monitors are awesome, but my old 20'' one died and I don't really have enough room on the table for a second one.

I have a 40" tv, 24"+20" lcds, computer, x360, ps3, and three speakers all on the same table. Where there's a will, there's a way. :(

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I have a 24" T240HD and i love black bars. Now that No scaling/Centered timings actually work properly on my video card i play all the old games in blackness.

even like this ( although i actually play Commandos in 1024x)

post-242-1295619007_thumb.png

Calax get Vanquish!!!!!! :D

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Ended up picking up hot persuit for the PC. NICE game but do need to find a proper controller for it, keyboard works, but not optimal.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have a 24" T240HD and i love black bars. Now that No scaling/Centered timings actually work properly on my video card i play all the old games in blackness.

even like this ( although i actually play Commandos in 1024x)

post-242-1295619007_thumb.png

The horror! The horror!

I've read about people having trouble with scaling before, do you know what causes it? Nvidia/AMD driver issue or what? When I finally succumb and buy a new monitor, working scaling would be extra nice since I still like to play older games.

Wow. You're good. I've had enough for a while, i want a new N :woot:, maybe i'll continue from Hell - dark world when i get by X360 controller back, my PS3 via DStool doesn't work ;_;

Deathdealer i had a 8800GTS , the one NVidia card that couldn't do scaling even when their drivers supported it. There was a fix but even if i got it to work, running some other full screen program/game/video player broke it again.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Wow. You're good. I've had enough for a while, i want a new N :woot:, maybe i'll continue from Hell - dark world when i get by X360 controller back, my PS3 via DStool doesn't work ;_;

I've always played SMB on the keyboard. Not sure what's up with the hate for it. Also I've been playing this for a few months so it took me long.

After the failure with Riddick, I went to another steam sale game: Mafia 2.

Feels pretty good so far. I really liked the first Mafia back in the day, mainly because the story was fantastic. I think I liked the first one slightly more, but the sequel ain't bad, far from it. Looks like I like much more linear, story driven "free roaming" than the GTA way. GTA IV is a good game, but it did bore me to death at times. Vice City was fantastic though.

But what in earth is with the mouse sensitivity settings? Low, medium and high like in Mass Effect 2, like suddenly there isn't any difference with mouse and controller. Luckily the high setting is fine, Mass Effect 2 needed some stabbing with a third party program to get it good, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to play the game.

Edit: Changed would to wouldn't :)

Edited by Slinky

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

I haven't crapped my pants yet, so big minus on that.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

I haven't crapped my pants yet, so big minus on that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I finished playing VVVVVV yesterday. What a fantastic little flash game. It's challenging without being frustrating, and the music is fantastic. More people should play it.

I returned to The Witcher, finally finishing chapter 1. I intend on pouring more time into that game in the coming weeks. I have to admit I found the sex scene with Abagail quite inappropriate. I mean, why would they have sex in a cave in front of a group of children when an angry mob just outside wants nothing more than to burn her? It's on those occasions that make me believe that when they say "for mature gamers" they mean "for virgins."

I also started playing Dead Space. I bought it on steam back godknowswhen and I hadn't bothered to play it until now. To my dismay I found out that a) the mouse+keyboard controls are horrid and b) if I enable v-sync the game actually locks itself to 30fps. I solved 1) with an Xbox 360 controller and 2) by playing around with my nvidia control panel. It looks and plays really neat.

I also checked out the beginning levels of F.E.A.R. and have decided to put more time into it once I've finished the other two games I'm playing. It doesn't look bad for something that was released 5 years ago.

I returned to The Witcher, finally finishing chapter 1. I intend on pouring more time into that game in the coming weeks. I have to admit I found the sex scene with Abagail quite inappropriate. I mean, why would they have sex in a cave in front of a group of children when an angry mob just outside wants nothing more than to burn her? It's on those occasions that make me believe that when they say "for mature gamers" they mean "for virgins."

Turned her down, seemed weird as hell to do (ugly card too). I assume that was some way for her to get you to save her hide.

Also, decided to just watch a Modern Warfare 2 playthrough, good way to save some cash, heh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I started The Witcher again too, in preparation for the sequel due out in a few months. I gave up on Fallout 3 - I find the setting depressing and confusing, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to play it. And I tried to play KotOR and KotOR2, but it's just not happening with Windows 7, even with all the various suggestions on forums here and there - hopefully Steam or GOG will tweak it in advance of the release of The Old Republic.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I finished playing VVVVVV yesterday. What a fantastic little flash game. It's challenging without being frustrating, and the music is fantastic. More people should play it.

I also started playing Dead Space. I bought it on steam back godknowswhen and I hadn't bothered to play it until now. To my dismay I found out that a) the mouse+keyboard controls are horrid and b) if I enable v-sync the game actually locks itself to 30fps. I solved 1) with an Xbox 360 controller and 2) by playing around with my nvidia control panel. It looks and plays really neat.

Not frustrating? Well i was frustrated to have to go up 4 screens dodging spikes just to turn around and go back down dodging spikes to pick up something.

And yes external vsync settings work better, as does a high DPI mouse. I had no trouble with keyboard + mouse, infact it was faster and more accurate than using a controller.

1.13 killed off Ja2.