What are you playing now?

Tigranes

I felt like a dose after watching this trailer for the game Dungeons and

SOLD!

I cant believe its coming out in a few months and this is the first Ive even heard of it, Im due for a good DK fix. I played the wheels off the first one but the second I never finished.

I'm not good with horror games, myself. But eventually I decided on a system of saving, then treating each outing after a save as if I'm just trying to see what's next and not caring if I died or ran out of ammo. I'm not even reloading saves after each fight anymore!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I felt like a dose after watching this trailer for the game Dungeons and

SOLD!

I cant believe its coming out in a few months and this is the first Ive even heard of it, Im due for a good DK fix. I played the wheels off the first one but the second I never finished.

It's already out in German-speaking countries and I would advise not to buy it. It gets average reviews of 6/10 and reviewers lament that it is buggy and gets very boring the further you play.

I'm now downloading Dead Space 2. Got a key for a meager 25

It's already out in German-speaking countries and I would advise not to buy it. It gets average reviews of 6/10 and reviewers lament that it is buggy and gets very boring the further you play.

Alpha Protocol got 6 in quite a few reviews and sure that most people here enjoyed the game.. just saying..

Fortune favors the bald.

Alpha Protocol got 6 in quite a few reviews and sure that most people here enjoyed the game.. just saying..

Alpha Protocol got a 83% from the same magazine that tested Dungeons.

It's from a German developer, which means small budget and no enough time for QA. If you really insist then wait at least a half year for patches.

So what about Call of Cthulhu Dark: Corners of the Earth?

I don't really consider that a horror game, more of an adventure game or adventure/horror. By horror games I mean mostly survival horror, or in other words games that mainly try to gross you out. CoC is no worse than the Cradle or the zombie level in Half-Life 2. And really I didn't find it either particularly scary or creepy, it got the whole mystery/horror atmosphere just about perfect though.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Although I do think. for the maximum scare effect.. Aliens Vs Predators 2, played with all lights in the room switched off..and the surround sound system on..

When you play as a Marine and you get that "skitter-skitter" sound from behind you...

Damn I hated those ventilation shafts, first alien that suddenly attacked from behind in one scared the crap out of me.

I'm not into actual horror games, but one part why I love System Shock 2 and AvP2 is the uneasy feeling they manage to create.

Yup both of the games have a really good creepy factor, but they both also fall apart by the end when you're blasting the scary enemies away left and right with giant guns.

For those curious about Magicka, I can recommend it. I hear that it's really buggy trying to play multiplayer. But doing a single player adventure is still fun.

Buggy, eh? That's too bad. But yeah...the longer video showing more of the gameplay made me think it wasn't all that much like DK in reality. Looks like DK, sounds like DK, but more focused on "you" rather than minions and building a dungeon/battles. Still, if it gets down to 15 bucks I might consider it anyway, lol.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not really "playing", but noticed that I still had Dragon Age installed. Found an old save game from just before trying the jailbreak. Having fun trying out the different rescue party combinations, getting the occasional giggle out of their bluff attempts at the entrance. Favourites so far is Ohgren/Zevran and Sten/Dog

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Played the first 4 chapters of Dead Space 2. Strange I never really liked the first one that much but DS2 really is a major improvement in every area. The best thing probably is that there are less boss fights and also some "calmer" stages during gameplay that let you appreciate the well done maps and atmosphere.

I wouldn't mind if Visceral makes a full-blown System Shock 3 with emphasize on loot and more exploration.

Finished The Shadowbroker DLC. By far the best ME2 DLC. Also finished Overlord and Kasumi. Those were also good, but Kasumi's mission was very short.

I think we might see someone from the Overlord DLC as a companion(pure speculation) in ME3.

Finished my first season in FM2011. Won the Premier League, UEFA Cup and League Cup. Feels great. Can't wait to play in the ECL next season.

Edited by Labadal

in response to morgoth

i'm pretty sure that we will see another system shock some day, its too good a concept to just leave in the dust, maybe it will get announced if deus ex sequel makes a killing.

some of what I'd want to see in a new system shock: one button ammo type switching (or was this in part 2), better balanced weapons, better balanced classes with larger differences in playstyle, more exploration in a larger ship, more Shodan than you could shake a stick at.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Played the first 4 chapters of Dead Space 2. Strange I never really liked the first one that much but DS2 really is a major improvement in every area. The best thing probably is that there are less boss fights and also some "calmer" stages during gameplay that let you appreciate the well done maps and atmosphere.

That's good to hear as I'm currently re-playing DS1, DS2 is sitting, still-sealed on my desk ready to be played -provided I decided to keep it and not take it back, the game was an impulse-buy and now I'm starting to think that I should put the cash towards another game instead-, and there's some weak spots. A good game overall, but there are some issues I wouldn't mind having fixed for round two.

Finished The Shadowbroker DLC. By far the best ME2 DLC.

Very true. :)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Thought about starting a new game in Arx Fartalis. Looks like the resent 1.21 patch made the UI scale with resolution rather badly, it just gets smaller and smaller with bigger resolutions. With 1280x1024 inventory is already too small for my liking, so it's probably pretty horrible with full HD and bigger resolutions :ermm:

Good news is Arkane also released the games source, hopefully modders will make use of it.

Played some Mafia 2 I got from the Steam sale.

It's mostly watch cut-scene, drive here, watch cutscene, shoot/kill/steal, drive somewhere else, drive home, sleep.

So yeah, I'm pretty bored. Does it get any better?

The shooting/cover mechanics are pretty good.

Dead Space 2 has frozen 5 times in one room. It's beginning to annoy me. I hope it's just the game and my console isn't dying.

Dead Space 2 has frozen 5 times in one room. It's beginning to annoy me. I hope it's just the game and my console isn't dying.

You sow the console you reap the butthurt. PC gaming master race! ;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

7 times now. 5 of those freezes have been at about the same time and place.

I think I'll walk on the other side of the room and see what happens.

Edit: Walk other side of the room, no freeze at all. Yeah, it's the game.

Edit 2: But the room after next freezes....

Edit 3: Up to 10 freezes now.

Edited by Tale