What are you playing now?

Tigranes

Bah, don't need resource management or bases for an RTS. You get better gear and abilities. Tarkus' ability to have frags depend on energy is very very useful., Cyrus' upper abilities make things a lot easier too.

You don't need them, but some of us like them. Is there a DOW2 demo I can try out before I buy?

Yes, on Steam.

And the full retail version needs Steam as well, IIRC. Just so you know.

You don't need them, but some of us like them. Is there a DOW2 demo I can try out before I buy?

I'm betting you won't like it, then :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

:: shrugs :: I liked the first one, I like the campy, uber-macho WH40K setting, I like RTS games.

I hated the new Warcraft when it came out, though. I'm fairly conservative about games, I like genres to have certain features as a given. In a RTS an element of resource management is one of them.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Bah, don't need resource management - the harvested type, at least- or bases for an RTS. You get better gear and abilities. Tarkus' ability to have frags depend on energy is very very useful., Cyrus' upper abilities make things a lot easier too.

Yes, but it's still just point and click, interspace with abilities. That's what a shooter does, what's the point of an RTS with no 'big picture' facets ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

DoW2 went overboard with the micromanagement. Me and my friends tried it mutliplayer for hours and it was just unplayable except for hardcore RTS players who can keep track of all the millions of special abilities every unit has and when to activate them.

Also, Magicka is piss evene in ,ultiplayer

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I still cherish the memories! laughing.gif I mean, taking Leyton Orient through 3 divisions, winning the Premier League the first year, winning the champion's league and scoring a domestic hat-trick in the second year, and all that without reloads was so satisfying!

I started off a game with Boreham Wood :D

It's a good thing I don't know anything about who is good in soccer (or soccer in general) so it doesn't matter if I start off with Chelsea or a Blue Bet South team :lol:

It's a good thing I don't know anything about who is good in soccer (or soccer in general) so it doesn't matter if I start off with Chelsea or a Blue Bet South team :p

I prefer playing for a weak team without any big names in it for the challenge. no fun taking an acting champion with a gigantic budget and an all-star team :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm currently in 5th place (16 games into the season play) and sitting in 5th place of Blue Bet South. 3 points out of first! Also made it to 1st round of the FA Cup (lost to Oxford, a team from npower 2) and just qualified for 1st round of FA Trophy. I have a game against a Blue South Premier team for that one. Will be a good test for sure.

Having a blast so far.

Yes, but it's still just point and click, interspace with abilities. That's what a shooter does, what's the point of an RTS with no 'big picture' facets ?

Well there is a resource in MP, in SP the big picture is just preparing for the mission mostly. In squad selection and equipping them (when to carry AT weapons, melee, etc.). You do have more tactical concerns in the actual game, but most RTS games are more T than S anyway. I like the gameplay in DOW2 also as it suits the way Marines operate as the game tells you once "We are a speartip, not an army", base building doesn't make that much sense for them as opposed to IG.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I had been playing Football Manager games since 1998, used to spend all free time in school playing them with a friend in hot-seat mode. I don't play them anymore. no time for that unfortunately

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Finished Evil Genius. I really liked the animations of the tiny henchmen, various interactions with the items and 60's style agent music and art direction. From strategy point of view game is lightweight and the fact that you can't control most of the minions directly (or even keep 'em armed all the time), makes some encounters very stupid. For example when enemy group bust thru your lair door, you pull the alarm. Minions arm themself if the guard room is positioned correctly, but then they one by one move to enemies line-of-fire and get massacred. You got better results with bosses named henchmen, who you could control directly, but I only got 5 of 'em before the game ended. You could build numerous traps (I think game intended traps, cameras and such to be used a plenty), but maintaining 'em, not killiing your own minions and better enemies avoiding 'em made 'em rather useless.

Next up is Resident Evil 5. Controls, characters locked over the shoulder (and positioned for wrong side for me, couldn't find way to change it) cam, ammo management and rather stubborn AI companion didn't give good first impression. I have PC version and I bet this is (again), one of those games that are made for consoles only, and PC port is what it is.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Replaying King's Bounty AP for my strategy fix, great stuff - not downloaded my purchase of King Arthur yet. Also a nice Football Manager run where I took AS Cannes (third division, the original club for Zinedine Zidane) back up to Ligue 1.

For RPGs waiting to see if I can bloody buy Divinity II anywhere, it's meant to be on gamersgate but accessing on NZ it doesn't even show up? Anyone know?

Hang on, is DKS = Divinity 2? They have some screwed up version system at the moment.

But Steam is no-go for me, FNV was enough.

Next up is Resident Evil 5. Controls, characters locked over the shoulder (and positioned for wrong side for me, couldn't find way to change it) cam, ammo management and rather stubborn AI companion didn't give good first impression. I have PC version and I bet this is (again), one of those games that are made for consoles only, and PC port is what it is.

Coop, coop, COOP! It is the only way to play RE5. The game is a fantastic experience in this mode, especially if you can find a newbie like yourself and experience it from the start helping each other along the way. I'd rate the game as a 5 or a 6 in single player. In fact I don't think I ever passed the game in SP mode because it was that much more fun to play with a human companion. The game really is a 9 or a 10 in coop mode.

Downloaded the DoW2 demo. It's OK, and yes it's a relic game so suppression, grenades, strategic points, demo charges... I'm playing Company of Heroes but with Space Marines.

But it isn't grabbing me for some reason, it's a bit slow moving and not at all visceral.

sonsofgygax.JPG

DoW2 went overboard with the micromanagement. Me and my friends tried it mutliplayer for hours and it was just unplayable except for hardcore RTS players who can keep track of all the millions of special abilities every unit has and when to activate them.

Also, Magicka is piss evene in ,ultiplayer

For me with DoW2 there was usually jsut one or two abilities that I'd ever use after a point (Cyrus with his "can use abilities and stay stealthed" perk and the demo packs/det charges was a major one) except on bosses where it was s different more focused set of abilities.

The most annoying part tho was having to round out your abilities to deal with all the different sorts of enemies (well, really just vehicles and peoples, but having somebody be almost useless becuase they have vehicle only equipment kinda sucked.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I started my Two Worlds 2 game over, due to a main quest stopping buy about half way through the 2nd chapter, which equals about 15 hours of playtime, but hey, what do you do? Just cross your fingers it doesn't happen again.

What happened?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I started my Two Worlds 2 game over, due to a main quest stopping buy about half way through the 2nd chapter, which equals about 15 hours of playtime, but hey, what do you do? Just cross your fingers it doesn't happen again.

What happened?

In Chapter 2, there's a part of the quest line, where if you talk to a couple people in the wrong order, it'll not unlock the next portion of the quest in two different instances. I found out that other people have had the problem as well on the forums here.... Two Worlds 2 Single Player Quest Forums

I have quite a few saves, but after going through a bunch of them, I believe they're all after this point, so I need to scrap that character because it hasn't been patched yet. The problem I came to was, I could find Angie to speak to again (and I've checked all over town), and David's package I needed to pick up wasn't where it was located on the map.

what's this Duty Calls about? I heard it's a free game that mocks the call of duty series

Walsingham said:

what's this Duty Calls about? I heard it's a free game that mocks the call of duty series

Basically. And having seen a video of it, it seems pretty mean spirited.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It lacks in subtlety. Boring. Boring.

Thank you ever so much for announcing it. I wouldn't have known it was boring if you didn't tell me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."