What games are you getting in 2011?

Morgoth

I will only buy games that cost a maximum of 3.3452 dollars, have a maximum of 6 bugs (will stretch to 8 but ONLY IF NONE OF THEM ARE CRASHING BUGS), and receive exactly 4 patches (because if there are less then the developers clearly don't care, and if there are more then the game is clearly way too buggy to begin with). Also, there should be *always* be a letter of apology from the developers on the main screen of the game where they apologize for daring to release such a buggy product to me, the all-mighty customer.

The game being fun and creative is clearly a secondary issue here. I want a *PRODUCT* that is flawless and that looks good.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

not too much Dungeon Siege 3 here. I expected to see it in every single post o:)

For myself, I still don't know that much about the game...not enough to make a hard decision about whether to get it or not. I liked the first two quite a bit, so it's pretty likely I'll get the 3rd, especially if it has a bit more story flavor to it or whatnot, but too early for that decision.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Definitely: Me3, Da2, Me2 (ps3), ES5, Duke Nukem, Witcher 2, Diablo, Rage, Crysis 2, Deus Ex, Portal 2, Torchlight 2, the next AC, Disgaea 4, Skyward Sword, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3.

EDIT: Knew I forgot something.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Definately getting these:

Dungeon Siege 3

Dragon Age 2

Mass Effect 3

Batman: Arkham City

Dead State

Most likely getting these later on:

Witcher 2

Bad Company 3

Diablo 3

Trine 2

Waiting for reviews to see if they are any good:

LA Noire

Xcom

Deus Ex

Rage

Hate the living, love the dead.

Isn't L.A. Noire some kind of console exclusive?

As long as it isn't only for PS3, I'm happy :sorcerer:

I'm not sure if this is still true, but at one point it was PS3 exclusive. o:)

Yeah, it's no longer PS3 only.

Sony got in exchange some other game as PS3 exclusive.

Witcher 2, Deus Ex HR (who knows it may be fun or something)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dissidia 012 and Witcher 2 for sure, everything else depends on DRM and available platform.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

For myself, I still don't know that much about the game...not enough to make a hard decision about whether to get it or not. I liked the first two quite a bit, so it's pretty likely I'll get the 3rd, especially if it has a bit more story flavor to it or whatnot, but too early for that decision.

I liked the recent demo they showcased. and the funny thing is I got tired of DS1 and 2 so very fast... >_< they seemed like a beggar's version of Diablo.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Honestly, what I know of the first two Dungeon Sieges has put it in the pile "games, that I won't get no matter who the developer is". Right next to Sonic Chronicles.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's true, but this one has about as much in common with them as.... well, nothing.

Well, I guess I'll have to open my mind a bit and take a look at it at some point.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Honestly, what I know of the first two Dungeon Sieges has put it in the pile "games, that I won't get no matter who the developer is". Right next to Sonic Chronicles.

LOL Sonic Chronicles didn't suck though >_<

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Bugs are a fairly individual issue. I didn't encounter anything major in AP or FO:NV. Polish is also pretty deep in the personal opinion realm, I mean neither game is what I would call ugly or clunky.

Polish isn't based upon opinion at all, hell I never loved a Blizzard game, but they're all polished to a gleam.

AP and FO:NV are fugly games from all kinds of professional perspectives, being technically poor, and artistically void. AP was certainly clunk from a gameplay perspective. We can expand this analysis if you wish, the simple point is that basically polish isn't based on opinion, its based on obvious improvements due to development iteration.

Obsidian games lack polish, I'm fairly certain that the games go kicking and screaming out the door, and nobody is ever fully satisfied, hell I'm certain some people are downright unhappy.

Diamonds in the rough, and its been that way for a very long time.

Regardless, the focus on story makes them a win for me, if they could focus on gameplay and technology I believe Obsidian's rep would change.

I'd hate to guess the AP budget, but what I saw looked like a 5-8million dollar production, if it was more, it was in some serious development hell, and that stuff lays in the hands of individuals in power, I've seen it done first hand, and heads tend to roll when things get exceptionally bad.

I like Obsidian, I just wish they'd go less is more, and polish the crap out of something.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Everyone pretty much mentioned what I'm getting.

I'm also interested in that Hunted Demon Forge(?) game that Brian Fargo is doing. I like my generic fantasy (hey it's my guilty pleasure) and I like my 3rd person sword swinging action games (Ninja Gaiden and God of War) so if this can deliver on both while also giving me a riveting story, I'd be more than happy to purchase it.

Bugs are a fairly individual issue. I didn't encounter anything major in AP or FO:NV. Polish is also pretty deep in the personal opinion realm, I mean neither game is what I would call ugly or clunky.

Polish isn't based upon opinion at all, hell I never loved a Blizzard game, but they're all polished to a gleam.

AP and FO:NV are fugly games from all kinds of professional perspectives, being technically poor, and artistically void. AP was certainly clunk from a gameplay perspective. We can expand this analysis if you wish, the simple point is that basically polish isn't based on opinion, its based on obvious improvements due to development iteration.

Uh, I'm not a professional developer. I'm just a gamer. As an untrained pleb, I thought AP looked good and FO:NV looked fantastic. I found both interfaces easy to use.

If you really want to spend time educating me about this, feel free to. But I imagine it is a lot like comparing art. Sure, there is a huge difference between an untrained and a trained artist, but it gets a lot harder to explain why Picasso is such a big deal compared to some other neo-expressionist Joe Schmoe.