Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've always enjoyed Leo as an actor. Catch Me If You Can was superb, he's had a few other Oscar worthy performances like Basketball Diaries and The Aviator (although I agree it was a boring story, he played the part well.) I'm surprised at all the Leo haters here.

He's also just been in some very entertaining movies, like The Departed, Blood Diamond, Shutter Island, and Inception.

Now that I think about the whole Scorsese angle, maybe people are just bothered that he isn't Robert De Niro. But I'll take him over Ray Liotta any day of the week.

I don't hate DiCaprio. Much. I really enjoyed The Aviator and thought it was a solid film. But best actor ever? Give me a freaking break.

Bruce Willis is the best actor ever.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"You are an errand boy...

I've seen things you wouldn't believe...

You have meddled with the primal force of nature...

It was an abortion...

I think that i am entitled to the truth...

Quid Pro Quo...

"

Having some cute quoteables doesn't make you the best actor. Plus, I didn't say he was 100% the best actor. I said he quite possibly is. This should be undisputable but sadly on the internet that houses a lot of ignorant dumb people everything is disputable. R00fles!

Bruce Willis is a good, underrated actor.

Bruce Campbell is a bad actor who rises above his bad acting to be entertaining.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't hate DiCaprio. Much. I really enjoyed The Aviator and thought it was a solid film. But best actor ever? Give me a freaking break.

Bruce CAMPBELL is the best actor ever.

Fixed.

I've always wondered why they haven't starred together in a buddy cop movie. Would be the best movie ever.

"You are an errand boy...

I've seen things you wouldn't believe...

You have meddled with the primal force of nature...

It was an abortion...

I think that i am entitled to the truth...

Quid Pro Quo...

"

Having some cute quoteables doesn't make you the best actor. Plus, I didn't say he was 100% the best actor. I said he quite possibly is. This should be undisputable but sadly on the internet that houses a lot of ignorant dumb people everything is disputable. R00fles!

Bruce Willis is a good, underrated actor.

Bruce Campbell is a bad actor who rises above his bad acting to be entertaining.

I was only kidding about Bruce Willis. He's just a good guy, I think. And he is usually well cast. Although Hudson Hawk is the reason I think he's awesome.

EDIT: And The Fifth Element, which is surely one of the most underrated sci-fi classics, after Serenity.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

EDIT: And The Fifth Element, which is surely one of the most underrated sci-fi classics, after Serenity.

LOVE that movie! I wonder why the military hasn't made a ZF-1 yet.

What is it he says next? Something about warriors and how he can't stand them? That and something about a button... :)

-Elwood Blues

And for the classic line from Lee Evans "Wh-where did he learn to n-negotiate like that? "

Or to put in in context

Korben Dallas: We need to find the leader, Mangalores won't fight without the leader.

Aknot: One more shot, and we start killing hostages!

Korben Dallas: That's the leader.

Aknot: Send someone to negotiate.

Fog: [as Dallas looks at him] Uh, I-I've never negotiated before.

Korben Dallas: Do you mind if I try?

Fog: No, sure, sure, sure.

[shouts]

Fog: We're sending somebody in to negotiate!

[Corben walks into the room and shoots Aknot between the eyes. As he falls, the other Mangalores drop their weapons and bow over him, keening]

Korben Dallas: Anybody else want to negotiate?

Fog: Wh-where did he learn to n-negotiate like that?

President Lindberg: [looking at General Munro] I wonder.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Paradox.

First in a run of 5 Sy-Fi film adaptions of the Paradox comics.

Kevin Sorbo, Christopher Judge, Steph Song.. and the rest the "I know that face" cast of background actors.

Basically your alternate reality where magic is real and science is myth, but basically all the key points of culture and history are the same as the "real world".

Kevin Sorbo's maverick detective investigating a series of baffling murders that turn out to be commited using "science" which leads to an ominous plot.

Interspersed with occasional "comic panels" to shift from one scene to another... In many ways it has the feel of an episode of Sanctuary - the whole cgi background and lots of close in scenes rather then broad expanses.

It does have that pulpy-detective-noir-adventure style and the typical mix of ropey dialogue to suit that approach. Sorbo does show off his ability to do decent acting even when other things are being a tad "budget sy-fy".

It all comes across as a decent idea with some entertaining moments, but a bit of a mess that has something missing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Colin Quinn Long Story Short- I haven't had a laugh like this for some time now. Really hilarious :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Speaking of Paul Bettany becoming an action flick actor we now have Priest

The bad news it's from the same director that brought you Legion, the good news is that he didn't write it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not a movie, but recently watched the series Camelot. I enjoyed watching Spartacus, so I thought this might be something similar. For anyone else who has watched this, is it just me or are the characters just really stupid?

Example:

The heroes are warned that an attack will happen that very night, not the next night like they expected. Instead of keeping a tight watch they hold a post coronation party where guests are drinking, there seem to be no guards in armor keeping watch and everything is general revelry. Why? I know you guys just crowned a new king, but hostile forces which outnumber you will be attacking soon. Is it really the best decision to have most of your leaders drinking and carousing? Why not push the party back?

There are more stupid examples, but this was the most glaring.

Black Dynamite. Funniest movie I've seen in ages.

As for Camelot, I'm really digging the show. I agree the characters can be stupid sometimes, like Merlin drinking with Morgan, and not thinking its suspicious that he's the only one actually drinking until its too late.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sum of All Fears. That was a good decision.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tron:Legacy. Didn't impress me much. In my defense, I'm not a huge fan of the original either. The effects were kewl tho.

Deathly Hallows pt1: Despite having seen all the movies, I have the feeling I would have liked this segment more if I'd actually read the books. I felt confused a lot on the why's & what's, compared to most of the rest of the other films. Also, I felt like chrs. were doing a lot of horror-cliche idiocy, especially Potter himself. I assume the books would explain such things so it wouldn't seem so stupid. That all said, I enjoyed it overall.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts