Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Guest The Architect
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Was also a vibrant blue eyes overload with Paul Newman and Robert Redford starring together.

Shouldn't this be in the man crush thread?

Mate, if I add any more to that thread the title will have to be changed to, "Architect's man crush thread."

Funny how movie titles gain a whole new perspective as one's mind becomes more corrupt. :)

Hahaha, trust your mind to go in the gutter when the word "butch" comes up. ;)

The Hangover

I don't know why it took me so long to get around to seeing it. In any case, it's a great comedy with some genuine LOL moments and well-observed characters. OK, it ain't the comedic Holy Grail some have painted it out to be, but OTOH it's head and shoulders above the competition by present-day standards (Seth Rogen et. al need to watch and learn). And, pushing forty, Heather Graham is still smokin' hawt.

Recommended.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Battle: Los Angeles or whatever it's called. I don't remember the last time I watched such an utter crap. :)

I haven't seen it, but the trailer makes it look just as bad as Independence Day :)

Dicovererd that the pilot episode DVD of Caprica that I bought had a second disc in there with the pilot episode of something called 'Warehouse 13'. Never heard of it before, but looked kind of interesting in a twilight zone and x-files bastard child of way.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Limitless - Entertainingly watchable. Doesnt' really push the depth, but it rolls along nicely. The slightly trippy melange towards the middle of the film shifts the pace, but it bounces around a few fun areas before a nicely crowning finish.

And yes, Bradley Cooper is working well to shift out from being "that guy from The Hangover".

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Limitless - Entertainingly watchable. Doesnt' really push the depth, but it rolls along nicely. The slightly trippy melange towards the middle of the film shifts the pace, but it bounces around a few fun areas before a nicely crowning finish.

And yes, Bradley Cooper is working well to shift out from being "that guy from The Hangover".

Funny, I always though of Bradly Cooper as "hey isn't that the guy from[insert comedy film here]"

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Guest The Architect

Prior to The Hangover, I only ever remember seeing him play that funny jerk in Wedding Crashers. Other than those, and the A-Team, which was great, I've never seen him in anything else.

Prior to The Hangover, I only ever remember seeing him play that funny jerk in Wedding Crashers. Other than those, and the A-Team, which was great, I've never seen him in anything else.

"Failure to Launch"

"The Comebacks"

"The rocker"

"Yes man"

"He is just not that into you"

"All about Steve"

Aside from the "Midnight Meat Train" he is mostly a comedy actor that has played a funny lovable jerk in every movie, but he is not memorable enough to care.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

He was also the House Mate / friend in Alias for about 40-50 episodes... but most people tend to think of the Hangover still..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My copy of Evangelion: 2.22 arrived, so I just watched Evangelion: 1.11 to prepare. I'd previously watched it as 1.01 on DVD.

The climax is simply one of the best climaxes I've ever seen. I won't suggest it to people who aren't fans of the genre/medium, but for those who are fans, hopefully you didn't skip it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My copy of Evangelion: 2.22 arrived, so I just watched Evangelion: 1.11 to prepare. I'd previously watched it as 1.01 on DVD.

The climax is simply one of the best climaxes I've ever seen. I won't suggest it to people who aren't fans of the genre/medium, but for those who are fans, hopefully you didn't skip it.

Evangelion set off more epileptic attacks than epilepsy.

BTW, what do you mean by "climax" :verymad:

village_idiot.gif

BTW, what do you mean by "climax" :verymad:

I mean the fight against Angel 6, Ramiel.

Edited by Tale

So, just finished 2.22. Holeeeee #@%$

I was expecting more remake. This diverges a lot more than expected.

Suckerpunch. Heavy on the suck, lacking in punch. I've never walked away from a movie, and after tonight, I don't think I ever will.

Also, Black Swan. Pretty good although YMMV if you are a ballet purist and anal about it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

YMMV if you are a ballet purist and anal about it.
Well, damn. And I was really looking forward to it.

Battle: Los Angeles or whatever it's called. I don't remember the last time I watched such an utter crap. :lol:

I haven't seen it, but the trailer makes it look just as bad as Independence Day :rolleyes:

Dicovererd that the pilot episode DVD of Caprica that I bought had a second disc in there with the pilot episode of something called 'Warehouse 13'. Never heard of it before, but looked kind of interesting in a twilight zone and x-files bastard child of way.

Independence day is Shakespeare compared to Battle: Los Angeles

Battle: Los Angeles or whatever it's called. I don't remember the last time I watched such an utter crap. :)

I haven't seen it, but the trailer makes it look just as bad as Independence Day ;)

Independence day is Shakespeare compared to Battle: Los Angeles

You mean based on the premise that people can't tell if a person is actually a woman just because she puts on trousers?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Seriously, Sucker Punch has been utterly savaged by the UK movie critics. Kicked to death. Compared to Showgirls in it's utter awfulness.

Am wondering if it will now become kitsch so-bad-it's-good classic, win some razzies, etc.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Sucker Punch wasn't that bad, IMO.

I don't think its what many people wanted it to be.

And then there's the unreliable narrator / "what is real or not real" questions that I figured would turn people off.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man