Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Ended up watching Freeman's Mind. It's a Let's Play style machinima of Half-Life: Source with the guy talking as Gordon the entire time. He talks a little too much, but I'm finding it hilarious.

Episode 27 is Gordon Freeman as a pirate. I can't breathe. hahahahaha

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ended up watching Freeman's Mind. It's a Let's Play style machinima of Half-Life: Source with the guy talking as Gordon the entire time. He talks a little too much, but I'm finding it hilarious.

Episode 27 is Gordon Freeman as a pirate. I can't breathe. hahahahaha

This reminds me of what Spoony did with his walkthrough of SWAT, where he spoke as if he was a police officer doing an episode of cops. The part where he tazed the mother in the first section had me :shifty: .

Karate Kid - The new one that is actually Kung Fu kid. Ok, I was a big fan of the original, I grew up with it really, but this new version was awesome. The setting was phenomenal, Jackie Chan was on par with Mr. Miyagi, and Will Smith's kid has some great acting chops.

I just wached FM too. :lol:

Great minds think alike. :)

For further movie related trivia..

Stephen Fry is all set to play Mycroft in the upcoming Sherlock Holmes sequel..

and for the grave news.. Elizabeth Taylor has popped her clogs.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yesterday I watched The fighter and Unstoppable both great films

Working for the railroad, Unstoppable made me chuckle on a few points. Though, they were spot on how the 'corporate' aspect of it works.

Unstoppable is a good flick, as for the 'corporate' aspect, I think it's always the same across the world no matter what the business is be it trains, to auto parts and everything in between. Corporate greed=bad for the masses

I saw the picture of the new Wonder Woman costume. I was not impressed.

I also watched Inception a couple times, making it a total of 3. I know it's an 'interpret in your own way' type of movie, but I'm still convinced most of the movie is a mind-screw, and that he's still dreaming...that it may all be a vision of his own inception being done on him. And I was correct...his kids are definitely wearing the same clothes. There's only one time they wear different clothes, and it's not at the end.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I also watched Inception a couple times, making it a total of 3. I know it's an 'interpret in your own way' type of movie, but I'm still convinced most of the movie is a mind-screw, and that he's still dreaming...that it may all be a vision of his own inception being done on him. And I was correct...his kids are definitely wearing the same clothes. There's only one time they wear different clothes, and it's not at the end.

Dang, someone told me they were wearing different clothes and I gladly accepted it, as that meant a nice happy ending. Now my world is a darker place, thanks LC :)

Dang, someone told me they were wearing different clothes and I gladly accepted it, as that meant a nice happy ending. Now my world is a darker place, thanks LC :grin:

That's because they are wearing different clothes. They are very similar though. They are also supposedly played by a different set of actors in the ending scene. The kids wear subtly different clothes in the initial scene, the beach dream scene and in the ending scene.

Sucker Punch is getting wrecked in reviews. :fdevil: I was going to see it, but I guess I'll wait to rent or a showing on TV.

Sucker Punch looks awful from the trailers, like a soggy jambalaya of every allegedly kewl internet culture meme EVAR:

Hot chicks in Japanese schoolgirl outfits with... katanas? CHECK

Counter-factual r/w history with a twist...? CHECK

Hi-tech firearms...?

Giant fighting robots...? CHECK

Impossibly large swords...? CHECK

A smidgeon of American gothic...? CHECK

DRAGEONSSSSSS? CHECK

My advice is to go watch Time Bandits which is what this movie appears to be trying to be, just with some heavily armed **** cat dolls. Honestly, if some smartasshat director thinks that's going to impress this high-ranking geek callsign then he needs to go back to work and try again. Harder.

sonsofgygax.JPG

"Hot chicks in Japanese schoolgirl outfits with... katanas? CHECK

Hi-tech firearms...?

Giant fighting robots...? CHECK

Impossibly large swords...? CHECK

A smidgeon of American gothic...? CHECK

DRAGEONSSSSSS? CHECK"

SOLD.

You just made me interested in said move. You are a better pimp than the advertisers. R0f0les!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You're so sophisticated, Monte. If only we could all be like you.

Errr...not CHECK I think.

Sucker Punch's plot is - AFAIK - about a girl injustly imprisoned in an insane asylum who concocts an escape plan with fellow "inmates" which is presented as a series of fantasy adventures for the girls as the line between their realities and their fantasies blur subjectively for them.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sucker Punch's plot is - AFAIK - about a girl injustly imprisoned in an insane asylum who concocts an escape plan with fellow "inmates" which is presented as a series of fantasy adventures for the girls as the line between their realities and their fantasies blur subjectively for them.

So what would you call the strange WW1 stuff?

sonsofgygax.JPG

So what would you call the strange WW1 stuff?

Its part of the girls' fantasies. I can't call it counter-factual r/w history because it doesn't claim to be historical; ie the setting isn't an alternate universe WWI.*

*as far as I know - with a title like Sucker Punch I'm expecting a swerve. Will know after I see it...

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Guest The Architect

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Which was just great from start to finish. Was also a vibrant blue eyes overload with Paul Newman and Robert Redford starring together. The bickering between the two throughout the film was priceless, I really liked the way they handled the ending, too.

Was also a vibrant blue eyes overload with Paul Newman and Robert Redford starring together.

Shouldn't this be in the man crush thread?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Was also a vibrant blue eyes overload with Paul Newman and Robert Redford starring together.

But it's up there with Casablanca as one of the classic films about friendship...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Funny how movie titles gain a whole new perspective as one's mind becomes more corrupt. :(

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Funny how movie titles gain a whole new perspective as one's mind becomes more corrupt. :(

ROFL.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I saw SUCKER PUNCH and quite liked it; I think it isn't going to be a film for everyone. Its a heavy visual film; much of it metaphor since the story is a double layered fantasy about events that happen in the real world (that is barely glimpsed).

Kinda wish that hadn't cut most of the musical numbers - what we see in the end credits looked grand.