Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Devil (that elevator movie). Not what I was expecting and I kinda liked it. Not saying it was great but it was entertaining and I liked the fact it wasn't about gore. Plus it made me LOL several times. Also, Logan Marshall-Green as "Tony" was pretty cute, which always helps movies like this, imo. :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Devil (that elevator movie). Not what I was expecting and I kinda liked it. Not saying it was great but it was entertaining and I liked the fact it wasn't about gore. Plus it made me LOL several times. Also, Logan Marshall-Green as "Tony" was pretty cute, which always helps movies like this, imo. :thumbsup:

Is it too M. Night Shamalayan?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Devil (that elevator movie). Not what I was expecting and I kinda liked it. Not saying it was great but it was entertaining and I liked the fact it wasn't about gore. Plus it made me LOL several times. Also, Logan Marshall-Green as "Tony" was pretty cute, which always helps movies like this, imo. :lol:

Is it too M. Night Shamalayan?

Hm. I'm not sure what exactly is too M.Night, but if you're talking about lame twist endings....no, not really, nothing like that. It's pretty straight-forward concept w/no more than the typical "who dun it/who is it" than any other suspense or light horror type film. I'm not sure if the LOL's I had were supposed to be there, tho...I just tend to giggle a lot re: the over-dramatic reactions that are in most such films. Half the fun...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Who dun it? Isn't the 'killer' the devil? Not much of a mystery if the movie title gives it away.. L0L

P.S. I watched video game based movie Game Over. It plainly sucks. Easily the worse game baeed movie over. Super Mario Bros is Oscar material comapred to thatd reck. I cna't believe some of the semi big celebrities (even Mike Ditka for NFL fans!) that agreed to be part of this crap even if it was just cameos...

It was one of the very few movies that ia ctually finished (over multiple viewing mind you) that I'd give a big fat ZERO out of 10.

:thumbsup::o:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Who dun it? Isn't the 'killer' the devil? Not much of a mystery if the movie title gives it away.. L0L

The "who" is "which one of the saps in the elevator is the Evil One?"... :thumbsup:

Obviously, it was the elevator itself that's the devil.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Obviously, it was the elevator itself that's the devil.

Clearly it was just so the devil could do that line about "I want you to get inside my three times a day, and take me to heaven and back."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I bought Memento on Blu-Ray for 10 or 15 dollars. Great movie.

Dune. Overall....yeah ok, it's pretty bad, flows terribly and the weirding modules. It's better than the Sci-Fi (or is it SyFy now) miniseries from 2000.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's better than the Sci-Fi (or is it SyFy now) miniseries from 2000.

Why I oughta! *strangle*

Well they both suck, but the 84 version has Patrick Stewart. So that gives it a marginal victory.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well that's fine. You like it, I don't like it as much. :brows:

I had heard a rumour they were making another movie about it. With the dude from Twilight as Paul. Then I found out it was a joke and was happy.

Well they both suck, but the 84 version has Patrick Stewart. So that gives it a marginal victory.

And Sting in plastic green undies! .... I bet he'd give a lot to take that job acceptance back...

I liked the sci-fi mini-series better in terms of comparing it to the book (not that it's saying all that much) but the movie version had Stewart, Sting, Jurgen Prochnow (I think he made a great Duke), Brad Dourif , Richard Jordan and all these other people I love in tiny roles so...it wins.

Watched some of the Oscar-nominees, namely True Grit, 127 Hours and Black Swan. Three good movies by some of the best directors in the buisness. Black Swan especially was great - everything worked for me. Possibly Aronofsky's best movie yet.

All three of 'em have great endings with some fantastic music accompagning it, strongly recommended!

Cyrus - This was a movie about a guy who is dating Marissa Tomei, but her 22 year old son gets in the way. I really expected it to be a bit of a slapstick comedy, but it was not in any way. It was very different. I think it was ok as a bit of an awkward love story.

I love the Sci-Fi miniseries version. :'(

It was awesome except for the guy who played the lead. He sucked pretty hard. It was like they tried finding the person with the least charisma they could find.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I love the Sci-Fi miniseries version. :'(

It was awesome except for the guy who played the lead. He sucked pretty hard. It was like they tried finding the person with the least charisma they could find.

It did have a rather damned good soundtrack. Actually both the mini-series did.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

All-Star Superman. Color me unimpressed.

I was unimpressed with just the preview they keep showing in the on-demand list screen.

I watched a 2004 movie called A Home at the End of the World. Kinda slow/quiet but I liked it a fair bit. It's a strange yet touching film chronicling many years of two best friends and eventually a sort of love triangle/non-traditional family unit.