Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Also, depending on how much you follow the various stories about it.. the facebook guy actually stole a whole chunk of ideas from various friends and such... Or (depending on the specific point of view) was very good at getting people to put in work developing things, then getting rid of them, getting a new guy in to finish off the development and then basically claiming it.

So supposedly a fair few shennanigans went on.. but it always gets hard to sort myth, fiction, outrage and bad feelings out when one guy makes a fortune like that...

I don't buy all the crap about how these guys 'stole' ideas from their friends. As if the friends were about to put in the thousands of hours of effort to make the casual comment a reality. It's like the scuttle around Tarantino's scripts being copies of his mates' conversations - so ****ing what?

:grin:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just found out what NSFW means.. :-

OK, who the hell taught the only remaining sane moderator this acronym?! Thank for ruining the forum for the rest of us, you jerk.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm not on Facebook, but Rosbjerg is spot on with his analysis.

Personally, if you want to own all my personal data, preferences, images, opinions and suchlike then I'd ask you to pay for them but that's just me. The rest of the world gives it away for free.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Here's the thing. What people do with facebook, Iphones, etc. That's interesting. The coming of age story of Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, whathisface from facebook, that just isn't.

It sounds like you're basing your opinion on the movie on how you think it should be, rather than how it actually is.

I've been trying to work out what Rosbif thought NSFW meant, and the only thing I can come up with is New South ****ing Wales. Which must have been confusing.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Didn't get that.

What everyone is trying to tell you is the the movie "the social network" is a great character study, nevermind what he did with facebook. Another comparison would be you complaining that Citizen Kane would be a boring movie since it is about a man who owned a lot of newspapers.

Watch it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm pretty sure he assumed we meant the cleaning industry acronym for Need Sanitation Freon Wipes.

Freon wipes? Ouchie.

-Elwood Blues

Missing (1982) - Still a good movie, even if the production is dated.

Matewan - I love this film. Not one I can watch many times a year or something, but it's Sayles best/masterpiece.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

For the slightly random movie related news thats running a bit late.. Pete Postelthwaite died a couple of weeks ago..

And Speilberg once called him "the best actor in the world" after working with him in Amistad.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Saw Tron Legacy on the weekend. When will this 3D trend die? I enjoyed the hell out of the flick, don't get why its got such a negative reaction from critics. Its like they expected something from Disney to not be a popcorn flick.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

For the slightly random movie related news thats running a bit late.. Pete Postelthwaite died a couple of weeks ago..

And Speilberg once called him "the best actor in the world" after working with him in Amistad.

Good god. :o

-Elwood Blues