Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Caught the 5th Element on tv last night.. It might be turning into an oldie now, but it's still damn enjoyable. All the small things in the background, and a rather good soundtrack.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I also finally saw The Expendables. Lots of stuff blew up and it was cool. There was also a story or something but I wasn't paying attention... :)
I loved The Expendables.

Saw it and was somewhat disappointed. Action scenes were as cool as I expected, but everything else was veeery meh. I think it would have been a lot better if it would have gone totally overboard with humour

Edited by Slinky

Rented The Road and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I can recommend both.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Cirque du Freak

...What a strange, odd little movie. More geared for the pre to young teen set I'd guess, in that dark-in-a-youthful way like Labyrinth or something...but yet I kind of liked it. The main attraction for me was John C. Reilly playing the vampire/mentor. I'd never seen him play that sort of character before, and I think he did pretty well with it. Pretty much the only reason I kept watching. I wouldn't say it was a good film, but it was...interesting.

Chris Massoglia, the guy playing the lead young male, is like a cross between a young Justine Bateman and Ashton Kutcher....and not terribly talented.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My Super Pyscho Sweet 16 - Weird movie. Is this a sequel 'cause otherwise really weird how it played out... Overall, typical horror movie that couldm have been made better if it took some more chances. Solid acting by an unknown acting despite the obvious low production of the thing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Plot: Meh

Visuals: Bloody hell!

Nice movie, ended up liking it more than I expected.

The wrong side lost.

Yeah, can't argue with that. Haven't actually seen a new movie with really good story in a while. No Country for Old Men was probably the last one.

I'm not sure how Avatar can be made into a sequel. A sequel should go like this - Orbital bombardment clears the way for mining operations of Unobtainium.

Easy. In the sequel, earths fleet comes and bombs Pandora back to.. eh.. pre-treehugger-era and everything is very sad and depressing. In the third movie the planets goddes whatwashername awakens, kicks earth in the nuts and then there will be rejoicing and dancing ewoks.

Cirque du Freak

...What a strange, odd little movie. More geared for the pre to young teen set I'd guess, in that dark-in-a-youthful way like Labyrinth or something...but yet I kind of liked it. The main attraction for me was John C. Reilly playing the vampire/mentor. I'd never seen him play that sort of character before, and I think he did pretty well with it. Pretty much the only reason I kept watching. I wouldn't say it was a good film, but it was...interesting.

Chris Massoglia, the guy playing the lead young male, is like a cross between a young Justine Bateman and Ashton Kutcher....and not terribly talented.

I enjoyed it. Not the greatest movie ever, and probably had a better idea than execution, but it was fun.

I watched TANGLED over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Frothy fun Disney fare; good animation and several humorous scenes and characters.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I saw The Next Three Days sometime last week. Actually thought it was quite good. I give it better credit than the critics, at least.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

took my girlfriend to see the new Harry Potter movie yesterday

had been procrastinating and trying to put it off, but eventually got conned into it

some really stupid moments. characters get killed off with barely a passing mention, then at the end there's a big "emotional" scene of a completely stupid and annoying character getting killed and i'm supposed to be sad? i was cheering that the stupid little piece of **** was gone

also, the deus ex machina is getting very very old. gee, lets teleport to a random place from a character's childhood. oh look, the object we've been looking for is here - how convenient... >_<

i've said it before, but i only read up until the 5th book until i gave up, so maybe there's some stuff that's missing/been changed. but seriously, the more i see of this franchise, the less i like it. it's so bloody predictable and childish

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Camp Nowhere - It's amazing how a night with insomnia can leave you finding old movies.. well, early 90's is getting a touch old.

Fun movie from the childhood years in its way. Christopher Lloyd working his usual magic as a manic ex-drama teacher bribed into playing the role of fake summer camp director.

And one hell of a lot of faces of "before they became famous / semi-famous". Including a blink and you'll miss her Jessica Alba.

took my girlfriend to see the new Harry Potter movie yesterday

had been procrastinating and trying to put it off, but eventually got conned into it

some really stupid moments. characters get killed off with barely a passing mention, then at the end there's a big "emotional" scene of a completely stupid and annoying character getting killed and i'm supposed to be sad? i was cheering that the stupid little piece of **** was gone

also, the deus ex machina is getting very very old. gee, lets teleport to a random place from a character's childhood. oh look, the object we've been looking for is here - how convenient... :p

i've said it before, but i only read up until the 5th book until i gave up, so maybe there's some stuff that's missing/been changed. but seriously, the more i see of this franchise, the less i like it. it's so bloody predictable and childish

Well duhh, it's a children's book.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Well duhh, it's a children's book.

Actually (to be a touch pedantic) she claims she wrote them to suit the people growing up with them.. so while book 1 was written for 11/12 year olds.. book 3 was supposed to be for 13/14 year olds, and book 6 was meant for 16/17 year olds to be reading..

Knight & Day.

I thought it would be a little more stupidly amusing than it was. Had a few moments/chuckles but overall not very good.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yup.

I'm biased; I've always been a fanboy.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS