Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

The King's Speech.

A damned good film. A lot of nice performances that work. Even a few quirkily funny moments thrown in.

I nearly didn't recognise a couple of people in it, although Jennifer Ehle (of Pride & Prejudice fame to a lot of people) as Myrtle Logue was one that took me by surprise. Makes me wonder who put in the line "I don't believe you've met before?" when Logue is introduce to Colin Firth's King George.

Guy Pearce's Edward VIII was also suitably keyed in.

Lionel Logue: Do you know any jokes?

King George VI: ...Timing isn't my strong suit.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Planning on getting out of the house to see The Company Men this weekend. Chris Cooper + decent early reviews = I'm there. The other top actors are a draw as well. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just heard the new Batman Villains confirmation and casting.

Unexpected, but nobody had confidence in Ledger before the first trailer came out either.

For they who have not heard: Anne Hathaway has been cast as "Selina Kyle" a.k.a. Catwoman while Tom Hardy has been cast as Bane.

Anne Hathaway in a skin-tight outfit and purring like a kitten, this might be the best movie ever!

I can't remember who anne hathaway is, but you got my attention.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Anne Hathaway in a skin-tight outfit and purring like a kitten, this might be the best movie ever!

I can't remember who anne hathaway is, but you got my attention.

Didn't your see her last nudity...erm movie.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I rarely go to see any movie without plenty of explosions to cover the noise of other audience members being inexpressibly rude and fatuous, talking or texting or actually ringing people. The result is either apoplectic fury, or losing millimetres of tooth enamel on my part.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I rarely go to see any movie without plenty of explosions to cover the noise of other audience members being inexpressibly rude and fatuous, talking or texting or actually ringing people. The result is either apoplectic fury, or losing millimetres of tooth enamel on my part.

TBH, crowds in Helsinki are generally pretty good about that. Still, I can generally get a blu-ray movie for less than 2 movie tickets, besides, I get the laydees automatically to my place when I show them the home theatre. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Stardust. A darn good film.

A Neil Gaiman story, De Niro dancing to can-can music.. some highly amusing ghosts .. and plenty of general good natured fantasy fun.

Gasland, a documentary.

Can't say the film is unbiased (what do I know after all) but all I gotta say is ... anyone who comes to me & offers a lot of money to put a gas drill on my land will get the front end of my boot.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I liked Red. Especially that short scene when Bruce Willis meets his personal assassin for the first time, and the assassin thinks he is up against an ordinary retired person and bumps Willis' car off the road. While the car is still spinning, Willis steps out of the car (in epic slow motion) and puts like ten bullets through the windshield of the very surprised assassin's car.

Genius.

Too bad the rest of the movie was ordinary action, but that scene definitely stood out.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I felt RED was much less action than it was comedy. Likewise that scene didn't seem awesome so much as a combination of awesome and funny at the same time. But not the unintentional type funny like Sean Connery jumping off the car in LGX and landing right on his feet, but the "haha, look at what we're pulling off" type funny.

It sure made me bust a gut laughing. "I'm gonna get the pig."

Put on the 3d anime version of Appleseed they redid a couple of years back over the weekend.

Not bad, it cleaned up nicely for the new generation of anime.

I think they even put more effort into building up the characters and backstory besides just having large mecha-type battles...

Followed it with Appleseed Ex Machina which was a nice addition...

@ red

I would much have preferred a 'serious' lean to the film, I mean what a phenomenal lineup, and then to waste them doing slapstick. I never really bought Malkovich the comedian anyway, although he's done a few lately.

Oh come on. Don't tell that you didn't have a laugh over "SHE SMELLS LIKE WASHINGTON!!!1111".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Agreed. Plus it spares us a lot of whining from Aliens die-hard fans.

I will cut you.

I'm just now hearing that the prequel is dead? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

At least he's getting Noomi Rapace, who he was wanting previously for the Alien one.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."