Fallout: New Vegas

Pidesco

The dll makes the game think you have an older nVidia card so it will auto-default to lower settings. I have a Radeon HD 5850 and I just put it right back up to Ultra Settings and it worked fine.

It did help with some laggy issues with lots of people on it (well, that and the multiple core .ini changes).

The dll makes the game think you have an older nVidia card so it will auto-default to lower settings. I have a Radeon HD 5850 and I just put it right back up to Ultra Settings and it worked fine.

It did help with some laggy issues with lots of people on it (well, that and the multiple core .ini changes).

Not disputing that it may help some. Since I don't have FPS issues I probably just don't notice. I do see the FPS rise & fall dramatically here and there, but still never below 40 so it's fine.

The turn jerkiness seems to have little to do with FPS in my case. FPS is fine, even while jerking all over the place when spinning the mouse. For all I know my weird issue only means I need to get a new, modern optical mouse, which I have yet to do since this one still works & it's so comfy in my hand. lol

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

karma, from what i can tell, has no effect on anything. its only reputation that matters, and stealing without being caught appears to have no effect on reputation. i'm idolized by people everywhere (but at the legion), and i have looted my way across the wastes.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I think you're correct. It makes me wonder why they put Karma in, with such dramatic messages when you alter it, then.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New..._and_Reputation

Karma is back, but now incorporated alongside a reputation system, similar to Fallout 2.[2] Reputation is a form of tracking relationships within the factions and towns of Fallout: New Vegas, such as the NCR or Goodsprings, a high reputation with a faction or town may give certain benefits, such as gifts from the people of that town, while a low reputation may lead to hits being taken out against you. Karma in New Vegas will have very little effect compared to Fallout 3 as reputation will decide how people react to you.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Must say that the only big involved side-quest I've encountered for now is Come fly with me, and the game practically puts it on the main path. I expected a little bit more on that front, but I haven't done much exploring and I'm still mostly just doing the main quest for now.

"Birds of a Feather" is also very involved, as is "Volare" among others. Actually, I found a lot of the side quests to be lengthy especially the ones involving Vegas (also Crimson Caravan). They also have better writing than Fallout 3, but that isn't saying much. And the sheer amount of them is simply ridiculous.

this game really does feel like fallout 2 to fallout 1 in terms of amount of stuff to do. so many quests... and THANK GOD there is nothing as stupid (so far) as the quests like the Superhero Gambit from fallout 3...

oh btw, i heartily recommend the black widow perk for girl characters. i have only used it once so far, with a certain checker suited fellow, but it led to a very satisfying event.

edit: and i too remember agonizing over that sheriff decision, im still not sure if what i did was correct.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

oh btw, i heartily recommend the black widow perk for girl characters. i have only used it once so far, with a certain checker suited fellow, but it led to a very satisfying event.

What about the same-sex perk?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

i have that too on my girl character but have not used it once yet, i dont think i'll take it again next time. and if you are a guy i have no idea if benny swings that way

Why would I want to talk to Benny? I can't speak lead.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

my favorite line of dialogue in the game so far is the "terrifying presence" benny conversation option:

something along the lines of "I rose from the grave to put you in yours"

boffo indeed.

Ahh damn, I wish I had speech.

I think I have whiplash from that.

Edited by Tale

my favorite line of dialogue in the game so far is the "terrifying presence" benny conversation option:

something along the lines of "I rose from the grave to put you in yours"

boffo indeed.

Shouldn't terrifying presence stop him from reacting though? He still put up a fight against me (of course, there was Boone with me which means he ended up lying cold at my feet).

So... what does Wild Wasteland do? I haven't noticed anything weird yet and I've been wandering for a while.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So... what does Wild Wasteland do? I haven't noticed anything weird yet and I've been wandering for a while.

Easter eggs as random things in the wild. Like Star Wars reference or Indiana Jones reference. Aliens attacking.

Desslock
People have either forgotten, or are too young to remember, how buggy Fallout 2 was at release. FAR worse than Fallout New Vegas.

GamesRadar review: 9/10

imo fallout 1 had way worse bugs than fallout 2.

either way, i don't complain about bugs unless they make me restart the whole game when im 3/4 of the way done.

fallout 1 did this to me, and arcanum did this to me.

So, I was just checking out the gamefaq guides and saw one by "Absolute Steve". (Who usually does very good ones)

Sadly the guy got carried away in the introduction to lament how great FO3 is and how NV is a DLC. I finally wanted to stop at "amazing storytelling" in regards to FO3 till I saw this

On a closing note

I do want to mention that some events in FNV are painfully unfunny, sometimes

even disgusting and on the border of acceptable as to what you can put into a

video game. This has nothing to do with gore, more so with ethics. Some of

those people at Obsidian should give me a call - as a psychologist student I'd

gladly study them as field cases.

I'm still loling. :lol:

Edited by C2B

Desslock
People have either forgotten, or are too young to remember, how buggy Fallout 2 was at release. FAR worse than Fallout New Vegas.

GamesRadar review: 9/10

imo fallout 1 had way worse bugs than fallout 2.

either way, i don't complain about bugs unless they make me restart the whole game when im 3/4 of the way done.

fallout 1 did this to me, and arcanum did this to me.

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete did that to me. Though it was more like "forced me to restart the game right before the final cutscene, but after beating the final boss."

Is it better than?

Borderlands? Yes. (...)

Fallout 1 and 2? Yes. (...)

Fallout 3? No. At every turn, Fallout: New Vegas seems determined to one-up Fallout 3, but despite all the extra content, it never does. New Vegas may have more swagger in its step, but stomping through the sandy plains of the Mojave desert isn't quite as exciting as exploring the Capital Wasteland after taking your first steps out of Vault 101 in Fallout 3.

WTF?

Is it better than?

Borderlands? Yes. (...)

Fallout 1 and 2? Yes. (...)

Fallout 3? No. At every turn, Fallout: New Vegas seems determined to one-up Fallout 3, but despite all the extra content, it never does. New Vegas may have more swagger in its step, but stomping through the sandy plains of the Mojave desert isn't quite as exciting as exploring the Capital Wasteland after taking your first steps out of Vault 101 in Fallout 3.

WTF?

While I wouldn't use quite the same words I did like the epic OMGWTFW00Tiness of Fallout 3, and walking around something as iconic as a nuked out Washington is actually quite hard to top atmosphere wise, New Vegas is winning on quest depth and writing though, by a longshot, I haven't even got to Vegas yet :lol: