Fallout: New Vegas

Pidesco

According to Josh it's an NVidia drivers bug so either you roll back to older drivers or use the quick-fix provided by funcroc in the first post.

Using a GTX275, still running fine on high for me. Bought it a year (?) or so ago, I think I updated the drivers once since then.

But experimentally, I tried clicking the "ultra" option. Frame rate dropped by half to about 40-45fps and the mouse turning motion became skip-frame herky-jerky. Running straight ahead etc. was fine, but big mouse turns were ugly. I then tried turning the AF back down to 4 instead of 15, slightly decreased view distance away from full on a few things & lowered shadow quality to medium, which improved the jerkiness but it was still there. Haven't tried funroc's fix to see if it would enable me to run in Ultra without the mouse motion turning into chop suey since I don't have a big need/desire to run the game in ultra.

Game stuff:

--How do I reholster a weapon? I equip one, I press the 'ready' key to unholster it, but now I can't figure out how to put it away. Unarmed it works to go between a boxer stance & relaxed arms...but guns? It feels rude walking up to all these people with my gun pointed at their chest. :lol:

--I don't like the VAT thing, decided I won't use it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Game stuff:

--How do I reholster a weapon? I equip one, I press the 'ready' key to unholster it, but now I can't figure out how to put it away. Unarmed it works to go between a boxer stance & relaxed arms...but guns? It feels rude walking up to all these people with my gun pointed at their chest. :lol:

If it's the same as in FO3, it's press and hold R.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

highfive! :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I wish I would've waited and not got Bethesda's Fallout 3, and instead chose Obsidian's. I'm sure Obsidian's take will be better but, after I beat Fallout 3, I really couldn't get back into that type gameplay to do much of a second playthrough. Unless New Vegas is just so much better, but it's probably not different enough for me to get it. Oh wells, I'll just wait for the user reviews on this mofo board.

Is it safe to assume that if FO3 ran smoothly that this will too ?

Apparently it runs like ass with Nvidia cards.

Not for me. My system:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400,

NVIDIA GeForce GTX260,

2GB Ram,

Windows XP

== Game runs 100% smooth on ultra high settings and 1280x1024px. I have no stuttering, no npc slowdowns, etc. pp. **** man, it runs better than Fallout 3, which I cannot play in ultra high.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

okay, I have a few questions and I hope one of the Obsidz will answer 'em:

1) does my headgear count when determining if I'm disguised or not? I had a few NPCs comment on my red beret but when I put it on the game doesn't say I'm wearing the NCR uniform. still I get attacked by Legion's troops (but that might have been scripted)

2) does my companion's armor count?

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I just got my Collectors Edition box, the graphic novel was a short but decent read and I'm just watching the making dvd, all in all the quality of the extras is excellent, no rough edges, the poker chips (platinum and otherwise) are nice and weighty too. :lol:

I ended up buying the game over steam at the start of the week and unlocking it via vpn so the excitement of getting the box set has obviously been dulled a bit, I'm pretty sucked into the game though, the rough edges are a bit of a contrast to the excellence of the box set but hopefully mods will sort it all out by the time I get around to a second playthrough.

The characters are decent, the quests so far are interesting with lots of different resolutions available and I'm only about 15 hours into the game with barely 20% of the map explored, technical issues have gotten in the way once or twice but nothing unfixable.

It does feel like a true successor to the first two games, there's a reasonable sense of necessity to the quests and the vibe is *very* different from Fallout 3, I'll be loading it as soon as I get back from work, which is always a good sign.

Been playing 5/6 hours so far. Only bugs I've seen so far are a glitch with the ragdoll of my character while he died and an error with Trudy's discount (it's based on your Goodsprings' reputation which means that you can get it even before you've completed Ghost Town Firefight, just by doing the tutorial and saving the lady attacked by Geckos). Game's good so far.

Fun bug I encountered. Apparently part of the reason I have so much weight is that my armor is stacking. Only way I found this out was by dropping my armor. Then I find I still have armor. I drop it again and it's still there. One more time and I'm done!

There were three things of armor in my pack. Stacked and they simply don't seperate. I was wearing them all. Too bad the DT didn't stack. Two were at full condition, the third was at partial because it seemed to be the top layer and took the damage.

If I put them back in my inventory, they start stacking and disappearing again, while still contributing weight.

Oh, and I think I'm in "save overwrite" territory right now. I'll know for sure when I get home. When I started saving last night, my save numbers dropped by 30. I made double sure to save repeats before I ended the game just so I had a higher save number than my old saves. I don't want to lose my progress.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

it unlocked here in the early morning and what I have to say is

BEST OBSIDIAN GAME EVER.

And it owns bethesdas FO3 hands down in every aspect. Bloody good job, GOTY material!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

it unlocked here in the early morning and what I have to say is

BEST OBSIDIAN GAME EVER.

And it owns bethesdas FO3 hands down in every aspect. Bloody good job, GOTY material!

I agree. Despite all the claims of bugs, it also seems the most polished to me. No despawning enemies when loading a save. No "I can't get into Moira's hideout" or "the conversation with the hags drops because I don't have Gann." It's also the most functional Bethesda Gamebryo release I've played. I haven't gotten locked into a Vault, found dead named NPCs below a ledge, or gone to a quest target with no update.

*sniffle*

I miss having to go into the toolset to find workarounds for quest/game breakers.

Edited by Tale

I havent found any bugs that I noticed, it seems s polished as any AAA game on release. The only thing I mind is that bethesdas character creation system forces you to use a ton of mods if you want a character that looks fairly human, mine looks like this after mods and half an hour of 'showracemenu' tweaking

post-4899-1287756280_thumb.png

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Managed to play this far without crashing or freezing. Then I tried VATS (because dynamite throw is more accurate that way) and what do you know, it crashed just like it did in original Fallout 3. Oh how I loathe Gamebryo engine and all it's legacy issues. Other then that crash and game being fugly as hell, it's been a good times. I'm not a fan of the hard caps on skill checks (but that's been discussed already to the death) but at least skill books help a bit.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

BEST OBSIDIAN GAME EVER.

Somewhat agree. I still like MOTB, KOTOR2 and AP better but thats because I'm a sucker for certain parts about them.

On the whole on the other hand. Yes, FO:NV is the best. Also finally

AWESOME GAMEPLAY. Basically Obsidian improved the FO3 gameplay immensly.

(Apart from a little hardcore mode imbalance)

Edited by C2B

Quick spoiler request: Who, if anyone, gives you the quest

to rescue the guy who was trapped in Buffalo Steve's? I chatted with the NCR leader in the tent outside Primm, and I never saw an option to do any kind of mission for him. Then I went into Primm, wasted all the convicts I could find (the bunch with the leader were tough, but after a reload, a few mines made short work of them), and sprung Deputy Whasisname. That triggered a quest that I'm apparently already on the 2nd leg of.

This might be blindingly obvious with a bit more poking around the area, but I had to go to bed at that point, and now I'm sitting at work getting a little curious.

Building right across from that one. The guy you're supposed to talk to for the quest that sent you to Primm in the first place.