Fallout: New Vegas

Pidesco

I don't think hardcore was really designed to be more difficult, it is just more of a realism mechanic. I'm enjoying it so far. Traps definitely suck more when you have to go to a doctor, and worrying about the radiation level of food is neat.

I don't know if it's a glitch, but I don't need to go to the doctor. I just rest. I'm thinking it might be the canteen.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't know if it's a glitch, but I don't need to go to the doctor. I just rest. I'm thinking it might be the canteen.

I think Hurlie's talking about crippled limbs. I don't have the V13 Canteen, but I'd be really surprised if it or a quick nap can fix a broken leg (which is what traps tend to do to me, at least).

I could swear it's fixed broken limbs. Surprised me, too.

May just be my faulty memory, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I can't read it because google wants to translate it into some Eastern block country language.

Which of these mean 'go away auto translator' ? N

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

:sorcerer: Chrome? I think the general internet concensus is that Chrome is dad

IT don't allow us to use any oither browser.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Installed, chr. made...never played a Fallout before so stats/karma/combat all new to me. Didn't get far because I'm now watching baseball. I'll play more late-night.

Brief first impressions: I don't know what cutting-edge graphics are supposed to be these days, but to me it looks pretty good. Steam install went fine & my FPS is 70-90 w/everything high & some things like various view distances boosted even higher than default. But like I said, haven't done much so we'll see if I run into anything later. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've only been playing for 2 hours but it's fantastic so far. I love the introduction, the art and style very much feels like the early Fallouts. The graphics most certainly have taken a step up from Fallout 3, and the animations while limited in the way that they were in Fallout 3 at least look much more natural now. Good job on the swaying hips for lady characters by the way. The combat feels much more comfortable without that blasted slow-mo cam and I could be wrong but the AI is quite a bit better as well? No problems at all yet by the way, I was nervous from the reviews but it's very slick, no lag, no bugs and it seems to be the best mix of the old and new. Thank you Obsidian, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm very much looking forward to your next release.

Edited by Serrano

So, who can tell me where I can buy a combat armor reinforced? I want my combat armor gear looks like from back in the old days!

I found the reinforcer helmet at the Gun Runners, but not the body armor. Instead, I found Mk2 there and at the Brotherhood. I could buy it already, but I don't want to, because then I have no reason to stick to the normal one instead of the Mk2 version.

And I actually have another problem. My ED-E is gone. The game still thinks that the robot is with me- npcs react to it, the perk is still there, etc. But I just can't find him, he is simply gone. Someone experienced such thing already? Someone has any ideas how to solve that? If I can't see ED-E, I can't dismiss him from the group as well, etc. pp.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Installed Steam. Hey my 6 yr old account is still there. Question, I always uncheck all possible options stuff on such clients, do I need to have SteamCloud on to install/play games?

So I guess that's confirmation that one does have to download and install Steam before playing this game. I'd hoped it was a false rumor. :thumbsup:

;) Chrome? I think the general internet concensus is that Chrome is dad

IT don't allow us to use any oither browser.

That's still better than when I was working for the Finnish Ministry of Justice (up until 2008) and we weren't allowed to use other browsers than Exploder 6 (the others hadn't been 'certified'). The best part was that CERT-FI (another government entity, Computer Emergency Response Team) had issued a recommendation against using it for its exceptional vulnerability.

Of course, they might have just thought that a tabless browser would improve workplace efficiency. I'm pretty sure it did, in my case.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I still use and will continue to use IE6 at work for the foreseeable future. That, and Lotus Notes.

Yes, Lotus Notes was a part of the deal with us, as well. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif