Fallout: New Vegas

Pidesco

yeah! let's see him do it for any other franchise.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Installed Steam. Hey my 6 yr old account is still there. Question, I always uncheck all possible options stuff on such clients, do I need to have SteamCloud on to install/play games?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Steamcloud is completely optional. It's just an optional fileshare space some games use so you can use saves from multiple PCs.

Team Fortress 2 probably requires it, though, for the weapon system.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So if I did want to play a game on my other PC, can you copy saves manually as well?

...purchased & downloading Fallout:NV. *taps foot* Edit:3 hours. Blargh. (2ndedit) now it says 2hrs.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks Tale.

Guess I'll do some chores while waiting. Then I can dive in and experience all the (possibly) glitchy glory myself. Hoping my rig won't have any tho...but I'll manually save just in case! :*

That's completely seperate, as the achievement system predates the cloud system. And more games have achievement support than cloud support.

Edited by Tale

Daniel Vavras (Mafia games lead writer) review is up 9/10 (If it wasn't for the graphics and the engine he had given 10/10)

http://translate.google.cz/translate?js=n&...s-recenze-54011

Isn't that pretty stupid? The engines and graphics are a given. They weren't changing and no one ever claimed they were.

Review the game, not the engine.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The engine is part of the game. I don't care how much it's known that game X is getting released on the pong engine, it's still going to get a low score because the pong engine is outdated.

That said, I don't mind the graphics at all. They may remind me of Source, but at least it's not plasticy like half the engines claimed to be good looking out there.

In other news...

Anyone avoiding fast travel? I find myself using it alot since hardcore isn't as hardcore as thought. I'm going to try to break the habit tonight.

Edited by Tale

I do.

I wonder how hard it would for someone to recreate the travel system from previous fallouts.(all the locations closed off, can only be reached by fast travel and random encounters happen in between. Would something like this increase the graphics quality?)

Edited by Irrelevant

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

Anyone avoiding fast travel? I find myself using it alot since hardcore isn't as hardcore as thought. I'm going to try to break the habit tonight.

we have to at first :) I got so tired running around Goodsprings that now I'm abusing the fast travel fuction. I just pretend I'm on a motorcycle :sorcerer:

Would something like this increase the graphics quality?)

I guess it would increase the level of detail for locations, not sure if graphics depend on how much needs to be processed at any given time

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It is disappointing that HC mode doesn't appear to be particularly hardcore. I wonder if it was watered down somewhat at the last moment.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

we have to at first :) I got so tired running around Goodsprings that now I'm abusing the fast travel fuction. I just pretend I'm on a motorcycle :sorcerer:

It's just that I find myself loading up all my food from my house, zipping to goodsprings to cook it, zipping back. Oops, I have weapons to sell. Zip back to good springs, sell it, zip back to store what I didn't sell, zip off to another part of the map to ADVENCHA