Fallout: New Vegas

Pidesco

Nah, there isn't too much Van Buren in it. There are many references and things taken out of VB, but imo you can't say it has "Van Buren written all over it".

I played through the game today. The ending was nice and I've made the "boss battle" with talking only. The slideshow at the end was detailed too, but I felt like something had been missing. As example, I didn't got information about Boone, but about Raul, even though I've used Boone nearly the whole game long and saw Raul just like 5 minutes, if at all.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

After 25 hours I just made it on to the actual strip, I could have gotten in a few hours ago but I was so absorbed in Freeside and the other areas around Vegas, I've possibly just reached critical mass in my quest tolerance, so much to do...

Still enjoying the generally decent writing and voice acting, no major bugs or issues to speak of so far, just a couple of standard issue gamebryo ctd's.

Only lvl 4 but I have to say from my newbie viewpoint I really like this game. Didn't even have a long period of "hmm maybe" before I was hooked. Pretty much right away. Good job, Obsidian.

Love the difficulty, combat and tactical options that work for a variety of playstyles. Sure it's not "perfect" but it works nicely for me so far. The outdoors, at least early on, feels vast, lonely, & empty while hoofing it around. But since I have that great old music to listen to, I've been enjoying the trek too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So, does anyone know for sure if SPECIAL stat checks will show up in dialog?, Specifically will they show up in red if you don't meet them? I've only encountered one, but now I'm wondering if I accidentally mis-read it since I was sitting so far away, as I have not seen any since then.

By this I mean, will I see something that reads "INT 8/9"? in red? Also, how regular do the low INT dialogs show up if you decrease that stat appropriately?

I've gotten 48 Speech successes so far, but have never seen anything like INT 8/9. It's just possible that they're rare, but I doubt it as I've gotten a few for my high Int and Cha.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I've gotten 48 Speech successes so far, but have never seen anything like INT 8/9. It's just possible that they're rare, but I doubt it as I've gotten a few for my high Int and Cha.

So, the SPECIAL stat checks must be entirely behind the scenes, then? It's interesting you note you have had specifically CHA options become available.

By this I mean, will I see something that reads "INT 8/9"? in red?

I've had that happen to me (although the numbers were 6/7).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The best thing is when you dont have enough skill or special and the game still lets you try and say something, whereupon hillarity erupts.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

By this I mean, will I see something that reads "INT 8/9"? in red?

I've had that happen to me (although the numbers were 6/7).

Huh. I was hoping for more SPECIAL influence during the conversations. Oh well, game's still fun.

I get the skill ones (speech, etc) all the time but the SPECIAL ones not as often. Maybe the further you get into the game, or maybe some faction or quest choices have more than others.

The text is normal color but colors red when you hover the mouse over the sentence option.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well I got it today. I liked the beginning, it certainly hooked me into playing.

Graphics are the same as Fallout 3. Meaning, ugly - even on ultra quality.

Why does the main character walk around with his single action guns ****ed? It does give you a fast first shot, but its not really realistic to trudge around treacherous terrain with your arm outstretched and gun ****ed unless you want to get shot as you stumble on a rock.

Is there a holster weapon button?

That said I wont be playing it for a while since my graphics card has started doing its overheating thing again and I have no money to buy a new one. *sigh*

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Well, I am having a blast with the game. My main problem is that I just can't keep focus on the main quest and therefore I end up ahead in the chain and am forced to reload because I keep breaking other quests I haven't even found yet.

I have so far only seen ONE bug (which is amazing, considering the scope of this game), and I'm not even sure it would classify as a real bug. It was a guy walking up on a roof, but not quite making it all the way up, so he proceeded to wade through the graphics, waist deep. It looked funny, but it didn't really matter. After a while he turned around and walked out of his roof pool and everything was back to normal. But not one single crash to desktop or anything yet! Considering I could never play Fallout 3 again after installing that Anchorage expansion (it kept crashing hard every 10-20 minutes), it feels like a blessing.

Two things I don't like though: the graphics are a bit worse than I remembered in certain places, and giant radscorpions. I hate those buggers.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

what I don't understand is the purpose of having the Computer Whizz and, ugh, "padlock whizz" perks. I can keep reloading and trying again, or is it different on hardcore?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

what I don't understand is the purpose of having the Computer Whizz and, ugh, "padlock whizz" perks. I can keep reloading and trying again, or is it different on hardcore?

Not everyone does that.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Not everyone does that.

ugh, that reminds me of what it's like in Alpha Protocol, when you have 3 laptops between two auto-saves and keep screwing up the last hack

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

You have no autosave from when you changed map or so? Helped me once.

About hacking: I made myself a mod that reduces the words of always 4. I hate the hacking minigame and I don't think about the words anyway... so it ends me clicking random words 3 times, then closing the terminal, opening it up again, etc. until I hit the right word. Such a waste of time. With my 4-words mod, I just have to click 4 times until I might hit the correct one and be done with it...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

even so, the hacking minigame in this version of Fallout is a lot better than Mass Effect's 1 and 2 and Alpha Protocol hacking minigames combined. (also, doesn't high science let you hack terminals automatically?)

Walsingham said: