Fallout: New Vegas

Pidesco

Okay guys, I found the Hidden Valley (

Where the BoS dudes are

), and I'm trying to help that dude with isolating the virus. I managed to find 2 in the given timespan, but never all 3 of them. Is there a system behind, or is it pure luck to solve this quest? What if I decline to do it, can I still finish the quest to

help kicking out the Eldar?

for me 2 terminals were next to each other, I partitioned them, then I failed and told the scribe I want to try again. now I only had to find 1 more, it was on the opposite wall.

You must have had exploited a bug then, because that didn't work with me.

It's impossible to find all 3 terminals in just 30 secs!

Nah, he just used SCIENCE!

Seriously, Science skill check when talking to the Scribe allows you to lock down terminals so you don't need to find them all in one go.

ok so finished my first playthrough last night.

thoughts:

a better overall game than fallout 3 in every way.

HUGE. i'm going to be playing this for months in order to see everything. When I finally decided to end the game I still had 13 active quests, and in heading toward the end game i saw at least 6 active quests get failed due to faction changes etc.

a few bugs, average for a fallout game, same bugs as oblivion and fo3. I had 4 crashes in 53 hours of play, and a smattering of minor bugs here and there. nothing too annoying but I look forward to some patches to smooth some of this stuff out.

lots of C&C, thank god.

fairly disappointing final encounter. I was hoping for something as epic as The Master, and instead got a slightly worse frank horrigan, oh well. (also, my biggest disappointment was that I was pretty sure I figured out a big twist that would occur later in the game that would have been really awesome, and then the twist never happened, so I was let down that the really cool thing was all in my head and not actually in the game, but thats no ones fault but my own - maybe it's gonna be a dlc, or maybe it IS in the game and I just missed it...)

in sum: The three things I remember asking josh for back when i first joined these boards were: good C&C, a believable world (ie one with farms and an explanation of the economy and trade etc fo3 was a total joke in this regard), and better dialogue. All of these were delivered in spades from the very beginning. it felt like the game was specifically made just for me. (i also asked for more lethal combat so i wouldnt have to mod as much, and i got this too, enemies die fairly easily, but so do i)

final thoughts: absolutely awesome game. good job sawyer and co. you guys really knocked this one out of the park. A fitting followup to fallout 2 (i wont say its a proper sequel since its still a first person action rpg and not a top down turn based rpg) and a game that I am happy to consider part of the fallout canon.

ps: this game really makes fo3 feel like the irrelevant sidestory that it is. I really really really hope obsidian gets to make another fallout game in a few years.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

This game... is not small.

Also, a fun thing is that I've actually gotten a pretty fair amount of Barter skill checks in my game (I tagged/focused on it). But for anyone thinking of raising skill, a lot of the checks seems to be in the same convo as Speech (which I also tagged). Something to keep in mind, but I love that they tried to make Barter a bit more useful.

Still not seeing much at all in the way of bugs though unfortunately I've gotten one or two crashes on area transitions. Still not a huge deal since I'm something of a save-a-holic but I hope that's something that can be ironed out in a patch. Beth's version of gamebryo has been really crash-prone for me (across a number of different systems, both in Oblivion and F3). New Vegas is more stable for me though.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

(also, my biggest disappointment was that I was pretty sure I figured out a big twist that would occur later in the game that would have been really awesome, and then the twist never happened, so I was let down that the really cool thing was all in my head and not actually in the game, but thats no ones fault but my own - maybe it's gonna be a dlc, or maybe it IS in the game and I just missed it...)

I must know.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just had someone else confirm a bug I suspected but dismissed as paranoia. If you're disguised as a faction, the game counts you as low reputation with them, even if you're at high rep. That explains a problem I had with the game having me claim the NCR hated me while I was neutral.

(also, my biggest disappointment was that I was pretty sure I figured out a big twist that would occur later in the game that would have been really awesome, and then the twist never happened, so I was let down that the really cool thing was all in my head and not actually in the game, but thats no ones fault but my own - maybe it's gonna be a dlc, or maybe it IS in the game and I just missed it...)

I must know.

Elijah. Doomsday Weapon. New Master.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Does anyone know how much a point of STR adds to weight carrying capacity? Wondering if it's worth pumping STR next time...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks again Tale...so then no, not really. Only if you want a melee route I guess then.

People are very fast around here. I've only just entered Nipton while I was actually on my way to Mojave camp. Stupid empty triangles keep distracting me.

It always boggles my mind when ppl say they finished a game in a weekend. I don't think I've ever been able to finish a 1st run thru a game (rpg's in particular) in less than 2.5 weeks, usually longer. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You have a family. I have social isolation and a cat that needs to stop chewing on my bootlaces.

You have a family. I have social isolation and a cat that needs to stop chewing on my bootlaces.

Yeah I did have more frequent time to spend per day once, plus I still have some minor physical issues (back/arthritis) sitting too long at a desk sometimes.

Even with that tho, per hour played I think I just get a lot less 'done' than many. Not very focused. :lol:

Time to ask you guys for help.

I know I am below min. system requirements, but that didn't stop games a lot of games that "require" dual cores to work properly on my PC.

My issue is that as soon as I leave the doctors place the sound gets screwed up. People no longer speak, and it can take up to 20 seconds before I actually hear my gun being fired. Anyone heard of this issue and has a sollution?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

happens sometimes to me, but rarely, once or twice every hour. looks like it's somehow related to the CPU, I'm not sure though

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So at this point I'm going to make an educated guess and say that the first DLC is going to take place in New Canaan and have something to do with the Burned Man (The Hanged Man in VB). Both were in Van Buren and are mentioned in NV (the former is talked about by the Crimson Caravan, the latter appears in the occasional loading screen) and both are, apparently, not in the core game. Remember that NWN2's expansions were teased in loading screens.

That pretty much ruined Arcanum for me.

I thought that the whole quest to find the Evil Dark Elf in the other dimension was essentially a huge double-cross intended to get the reincarnated hero PC trapped in another dimension, but no, it turned out the Evil Dark Elf had just gone good through millenia of meditation.

I thought that was a nice touch for Arcanum. Along with

finding the guy you're supposedly the reincarnation of.

I should replay it.

happens sometimes to me, but rarely, once or twice every hour. looks like it's somehow related to the CPU, I'm not sure though

I actually just found a sollution on the Bethesda forums (whoever thought you can't search without account should be shot... but I got a thread eventually).

*Goes off playing*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Next one, my new NV mini-mod. It adds a Follower doctor coat into the old mormon fort. I was a bit disappointed to not get it anywhere, if I don't kill someone for it. I mean, I would have never really used it anyway... but beeing able to, if I would... and so on. :>

I am working on more stuff already. Only slowly, but at least...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."