Fallout: New Vegas

J.E. Sawyer

I'm kind of upset that you can't keep playing after completing the main story so I hope there is a dlc that allows that.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm kind of upset that you can't keep playing after completing the main story so I hope there is a dlc that allows that.

I don't really understand this complaint, which I've heard before. It's simple enough to take your time finishing the game so that by the time you finish, you've done and seen most of what the world has to offer. Unless the entire game is timed, forcing you to rush through it just to beat the clock, then I really don't see a problem.

Obs has already said that trying to make the gameworld playable after the main narrative is done would cause a lot of potential problems. which, given their rep for buggy products, they would like to avoid. ANd for something that is really not a problem, I can see their point.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Nah, the problems in the end are only that in the slideshow, you are told about change x and y, but if you continue the game, nothing of this exists. Also none of the npcs will react to you in this way. Adding this additional reactions and other changes would mean lots of work again, which is totally unneeded, in my opinion.

I can't understand as well why people want to continue the game after the end. Just reload short before the finale and do whatever else you want, where is the problem?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

When I'm roleplaying a game sometimes I enjoy playing the game after I beat it. I've worked all this time to meet a certain goal throughout the whole game and all I get to see of it is a short video showing or telling me what happened. Also when I go back to play, if I have to load one from before I beat the game it just makes everything I've done in that end sequence seem like a waste of time from a leveling perspective and any items I obtain I won't have next time.

I don't see why it's so hard to understand. I can see why you wouldn't care but I don't see why you couldn't understand. Why can't you people be more understanding?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

the question is: why play the game after you've beaten it? all the leveling you've done was to ease the final challenge. after you're done why would you want to keep playing, running around empty locations with no real enemies or quests?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I don't see why it's so hard to understand. I can see why you wouldn't care but I don't see why you couldn't understand. Why can't you people be more understanding?

But why not just do everything there is to do before you arrive at the ending sequence?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Because it's impossible to know everything there is to do without buying a guide or reading a walkthrough. "Oh, so there's a quest with a talking tree? I never found that, I guess I'll... oh my save is stuck in a room, bugger."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Because it's impossible to know everything there is to do without buying a guide or reading a walkthrough. "Oh, so there's a quest with a talking tree? I never found that, I guess I'll... oh my save is stuck in a room, bugger."

If you find other stuff you didn't do and would like to, its easy enough to revert to a save or start a new game.

There is no "end of game" state to the gameworld unless Obs chooses to put one in. so there's nothing to be gained from continuing to play after the ending that can't be gained from playing before the ending.

Because it's impossible to know everything there is to do without buying a guide or reading a walkthrough.

where's the fun in playing without a walkthrough? :sorcerer:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I do understand, but there is nothing we can do about it. The only solution is to have multiple saves. I'm actually on your side. I'd love to explore the world after I finish a game, but many games do not let you do that. In Fallout 3 I saved right before the point of no return and did everything I wanted to do on a separate savefile. For me personally, playing after you have finished a game is a bonus, but I do not expect it anymore.

Maybe the ending = we blow Vegas up and that is why there is no return. :sorcerer:

If there is still stuff to do, I personally avoid the ending pretty much, because when finishing the game, I feel like I am done with it and lack the motivation to run around much more in the gameworld. Either I restart the game then and try to see everything this time around or I put it back into the shelf.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

i always play these types of games multiple times with different characters, so if i find i missed something on one playthrough i do it on my next one. no problemo.

also, i refuse to believe anyone who has played fallout or fallout 2 would not use multiple save slots in every game ever made since then.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

New Vegas is already in the best sellers list of Steam before release. I imagine it was like that with Fallout 3 too, and I'm not sure how it's faring compared to other similar AAA titles, but I see the potential for it to be the most successful Obsidian game ever. Let's hope the execution lives up to the hype.

Evil Bethesda lying at the root of Obsidian's (supposedly the only hope left that can provide us with "true" AAA RPGs) future smash hit. Ironic?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

i always play these types of games multiple times with different characters, so if i find i missed something on one playthrough i do it on my next one. no problemo.
That's a luxury in the age of carry-over save games. You don't want to replay with the exact same character just because you missed some tiny details, do you?

also, i refuse to believe anyone who has played fallout or fallout 2 would not use multiple save slots in every game ever made since then.
Hy, I'm The Lazy One. ,o/

If you find other stuff you didn't do and would like to, its easy enough to revert to a save or start a new game.

There is no "end of game" state to the gameworld unless Obs chooses to put one in. so there's nothing to be gained from continuing to play after the ending that can't be gained from playing before the ending.

Starting a new game is not an easy task. By any stretch of the imagination. Reverting a save might be, assuming you keep enough and the ones you have aren't all locked into a track you can't deviate from.

The ideal solution is either allow after the ending or don't lock players into the ending. Let them turn around right before the end or, after the end, automatically throw them back to right before. Trapping players (as Fallout 3 did) is simply bad.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

im guessing free quests are those unmarked variety like in fallout 3 (plus "fetch me 20 of these" type quests too) while the 70 side quests is actually 70 of the real deal side quests with a little journal entry and earthquake music cue.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Apparently there are around 200 "marked" locations, and over 70 sidequests and 90 "free quests" (no idea what that means).

That is fabulous. WIth that many quests, the odds are that quite a few of them are going to be interesting.

Apparently there are around 200 "marked" locations, and over 70 sidequests and 90 "free quests" (no idea what that means).

That is fabulous. WIth that many quests, the odds are that quite a few of them are going to be interesting.

Quality over quantity.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif