Fallout: New Vegas

J.E. Sawyer

GTA IV was ok. It gripped you story wise but the whole friendship mechanic and stuff was just utter bs and should have been scrapped.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Obsidian is there a reason this game has such a ****ing ridiculous price on Steam, at $90 AUD?

Seriously, I'm keen to here your response. :)

I'm sure that the official Obsidz response will be "pricing is a question for the publisher and/or the retailers-- we have nothing to do with it."

Obsidian is there a reason this game has such a ****ing ridiculous price on Steam, at $90 AUD?

I'm sure that the official Obsidz response will be "pricing is a question for the publisher and/or the retailers-- we have nothing to do with it."

That's like a lobbyist in America saying "the policy is up to Congress - we have nothing to do with it".

That's like a lobbyist in America saying "the policy is up to Congress - we have nothing to do with it".

Obsidian is essentially functioning as s subcontractor hired by Bethesda to make this game. It is highly unlikely Obs has any say whatsoever on pricing.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

bah, GTA was never about these things for me, I'd always cheat where it was possible to skip the dating and money making. Four has amazing missions, my personal favorite is the bank robbery, reminds of Mann's "The Heat".

Yeah, my definition of 'fantastic game' means I don't have to cheat to make it bearable.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Obsidian has nothing to do with pricing. It is not their IP, they are only developing wich means that Bethesda handles pricing and advertisement etc. It's not like a publisher lets a developer put a price on the game.

Seriously, I'm keen to here your response. :wub:

Actually it's worse, it's $90USD. Steam don't charge anything in AUD so you probably get hit by the bank for currency conversion fees too.

If I had the option to blame just one party though, it would be the national distributor, no idea who they are though.

I'm not preordering this but if reviews are good I'll buy from 365games/ozgameshop (same mob) for $40AUD to my door - I can wait a week or two.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Buying a game fullprice via steam is stupid anyway. Seriously, you don't even get a box or anything in your hands. Boxed version is much cheaper, compared to this...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Then australia sucks. :>

/Edit: First time it's better to buy games in germany than somewhere else? What is this, black magick?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

With the "new" steam price posted, it will be cheaper to buy from department stores and some small retailers (but not the dominant chains). The department stores in general will sell for $10-20 less - however they tend to only order in 5-10 copies of any new release, so one would need to get in early.

Aside, Germany I've found to be the cheapest for bike parts so far. I recently bought a pair of wheels for 300EUR. Buying locally they'd have cost me $1000AUD (~700EUR), and that's *after* discounts. I'm sure someone will come up with something cheaper in Australia than elsewhere but I'm struggling to think of one. :wub:

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Amazon PC CE seems to be sold out. BLAST YOU

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Krezack, I found Civ V boxed copy at my local JB-Hifi for 88NZD, if Steam is actually charging 90USD you might want to check it out, aren't they an Australian franchise?

EDIT: Oh wait, this is the New Vegas thread, my bad. In that case I'm looking for prices, too... another idiotic thing with Steam games is that they region-lock so you can't just buy from any digital retailer, last time I checked. That means you are forced into stupid localised (or, rather, non-localised into the point of absurdity) prices.

Let's see if I can find a proper price, I may buy this but I sure as hell won't buy it from Steam.

So... when is this coming out again?

In any case I'm buying retail. No way I'm downloading that whole game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

another idiotic thing with Steam games is that they region-lock so you can't just buy from any digital retailer, last time I checked. That means you are forced into stupid localised (or, rather, non-localised into the point of absurdity) prices.

They are learning from the best, the movie industry. They have exercised market control for years with the region encoding scheme in order to fight a free market and free trade.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

God forbid publishers have region limited publishing deals and that they ask Valve to recognize those deals before they even consider releasing on Steam.

Obviously, it's just oppression.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."