Fallout: New Vegas

J.E. Sawyer

I really don't like it, if previews / reviews aren't allowed to appear until the game is released. It gives me the impression that something needs to be hidden.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I really don't like it, if previews / reviews aren't allowed to appear until the game is released. It gives me the impression that something needs to be hidden.

That's exactly why embargoes are placed most of the time. That's why I was asking, because if this isn't usual Bethesda policy, it could mean that New Vegas isn't doing that good..

That's exactly why embargoes are placed most of the time. That's why I was asking, because if this isn't usual Bethesda policy, it could mean that New Vegas isn't doing that good..

No need to start nasty whispers. There's nothign to indicate there's any problems with the game.

Maybe its just punishment for all the jack-off reviewers who couldn't figure out Alpha Protocol

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

No need to start nasty whispers. There's nothign to indicate there's any problems with the game.

Maybe its just punishment for all the jack-off reviewers who couldn't figure out Alpha Protocol

Nasty whispers? I've seen it once with Alpha Protocol. I'd like to not see this to repeat.

Granted, to be honest, that's just Dan Stapleton. He may be just talking for himself.

Nasty whispers? I've seen it once with Alpha Protocol. I'd like to not see this to repeat.

Granted, to be honest, that's just Dan Stapleton. He may be just talking for himself.

We all knew Alpha Protocol was a problematic game long before it hit the shelves. Likewise, the aliens crpg.

No such indicators with NV.

ANything's possible, but unlikely enough to not bother considering.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

New Vega is Fallout 3 in a new pair of socks.

If you hated or were sick of Fallout 3, then the new socks probably aren't going to change your mind.

But other than that, the game is what it is. Pretty much impossible to screw it up.

This "Alpha Protocol fiasco" was - for me personally - no fiasco at all. Well okay, one could say the fiasco was stupid people who write stupid reviews... Liked the game, still liking it. I can live with the flaws and I am happy that I've spend my money in this game than some other crappy ****. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

This "Alpha Protocol fiasco" was - for me personally - no fiasco at all. Well okay, one could say the fiasco was stupid people who write stupid reviews... Liked the game, still liking it. I can live with the flaws and I am happy that I've spend my money in this game than some other crappy ****. :>

Seconding that. I wouldn't lie to name it under my favourite games of all time. Has a great deal to do with personal bias towards spy fiction though.

Charachters like Marburg, Stephen Heck and SIE are incredible. I strongly hope there are charachters with this much personality in New Vegas :deadhorse:

Edited by C2B

I don't regret buying Alpha Protocol one bit. For Obsidian tho' it was certainly a fiasco.

It usually works better to spin your own tale right up to the moment of release, after which you can't hide the truth from anyone anymore. It's safer than risking negative hype, especially of course if the game/movie/whatever sucks, but the PR folks will usually want to keep control of the narrative for as long as they can regardless.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I went ahead and ordered the collector's edition from Gamestop.com. Really would have preferred Amazon, but they're out of PC. :'(

With Amazon I could get cheaper shipping and no tax. Gamestop? Yeah, it cost me about 90 total.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I went ahead and ordered the collector's edition from Gamestop.com. Really would have preferred Amazon, but they're out of PC. :'(

Wow that was a fast sellout, unless they didn't have many in stock to begin with. I got mine from Amazon, but I didn't place the order all that long ago.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I wonder when it's going to start showing up in shops.

Heck, I wonder when we're going to start seeing streams and such.

Granted, at that point, I'll probably keep myself far from them.

EDIT: Also Gamefest footage part 1 and part 2. The over-the-shoulder camera looks good. Not quite spot-on yet, but a definite improvement over Fallout 3's bad tp camera.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver