Fallout: New Vegas

J.E. Sawyer

Why should you have to pay more when it doesn't cost them any more to sell it to you?

Because they can?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Region-locking is just another stupid form of DRM, and my thoughts on that are pretty clear.

Tigranes: multiple people have directed me here for cheap US-priced games. Apparently it is reliable. FO:NV is just 40 bucks.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/fallout-new-vegas-game-pc

Civ 5 is $43

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/sid-mei...ion-v-5-game-pc

Edited by Krezack

Boxed version is much cheaper, compared to this...

Where do you live?

Germany. In most cases, new games on steam cost 10 to 15 euro more than boxed version from other shops.

Example: If I remember correct, Bioshock cost ~ 55 Euro on steam for a very long time, while it was < 40 euro in a lot shops already (such as Amazon). Call of Duty 4 was ~ 60 Euro on steam for a long time as well. More I don't know right now, but it's a kind of new trend and I don't like it.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Region-locking is just another stupid form of DRM, and my thoughts on that are pretty clear.

Tigranes: multiple people have directed me here for cheap US-priced games. Apparently it is reliable. FO:NV is just 40 bucks.

Civ 5 is $43

They're the side business of UK-based online store 365games. I've used the parent company a fair bit, and the oz one a couple times (it's only been around a couple months). Other options include dvd.co.uk (who charge 1GBP shipping but often end up cheaper because they take off the UK VAT once your order reaches 18GBP), and zavvi.com who are a bit dearer for shipping (2.5GBP I think) but I feel have the largest range.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

New Vegas is already in the best sellers list of Steam before release. I imagine it was like that with Fallout 3 too, and I'm not sure how it's faring compared to other similar AAA titles, but I see the potential for it to be the most successful Obsidian game ever. Let's hope the execution lives up to the hype.

I want my feelies, dag nabbit!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

personally I'd like it to stay this way :ermm: reviews are good when you can't decide if it's worth getting a game, but with NV I figure everybody here already made up their minds

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

i preordered on steam, this way i can play right away on release while waiting for my collectors edition, which is being snail mailed. also this way i can keep the collectors edition unopened so that 400 years from now my descendants will be able to sell it to a museum for two futurenickels.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i preordered on steam, this way i can play right away on release while waiting for my collectors edition, which is being snail mailed. also this way i can keep the collectors edition unopened so that 400 years from now my descendants will be able to sell it to a museum for two futurenickels.

Didn't that cost you a load of money tho? :ermm:

50 and 60, so $110, but its the only game i'm buying in october so its cool.

i allow myself $150 "fun money" a month, the rest of my income is devoted to mortgage/studentloans/bills and saving up for my wedding in May, which is gonna be pretty expensive

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Civ 5 is $43

That's awesome, I think I'll use these guys or dvd.co.uk for New Vegas then. Hell, Arcania is 35AUD & 18 quid respectively!

Or this site (onlinekeystore) - where Civ5 is 42.47$ and Fallout NV is 41.10$ (courtesy of Kaftan who linked to it previously in another thread) - and these are keys for Steam, should one prefer that.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm just going to buy the regular PC edition off Amazon for $50 USD. Amazon is now the only retailer I will do business with for boxed games.

I'll probably buy STALKER: Call of Pripyat at the same time. My first two game purchases of 2010! Woooo.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I've been lurking around for months... But today i want to thank you all for the news provided through this forum, especially funcroc.

Keep up the good work :ermm:

Careful what you wish ...

oooelogo180.png ... you just might get it

Or this site (onlinekeystore) - where Civ5 is 42.47$ and Fallout NV is 41.10$ (courtesy of Kaftan who linked to it previously in another thread) - and these are keys for Steam, should one prefer that.

A word of warning- those stores sell keys bought from cheap localised versions, usually in SE Asia. There's a potential for them not working or being bricked if used outside their region. As indeed there is for any out-of-region import.

I don't want to read the previous threads in case they contain spoilers, so I just have one question: this game is still coming out on the 19th, yes? No delays?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

::::POTENTIAL SPOILER:::

underwater cave???

that sounds awesome and I hope it has something cool inside it..

I don't want to read the previous threads in case they contain spoilers, so I just have one question: this game is still coming out on the 19th, yes? No delays?

The game is Gold at this point. Short of some unforeseen manufacturing ****up it will be out on time.