Fallout: New Vegas

J.E. Sawyer

It's not VB without the Awesomest Ending Ever (on paper anyway) - the nukular bombing of people who didn't deserve it.

Indeed, the endings have been - on paper - super cool. Especially because it all made sense and it's not "let's bomb something for the lulz".

I personally have no clue, which location I would have bombed. Would have been a very though decision.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

i think the hoover dam looks about right as far as size goes, but its hard to tell from one screenshot without any scale.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Am I the only one who notices how bad the game looks?

I mean, I'm still buying it because I'm not there for the sights, but damn, FO3 has not aged well.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Of course you ain't but I think everyone already know that Gamebryo engine is POS and there's no way to make it look good. Obsidian can talk art direction all day but that don't change the fact that game will look fugly no matter what. But still, first day buy :sorcerer:

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Nope. It's a seriously fugly game. It looks worse than games much older than it.

But that being said, it's still going to be the only game I buy this year. In the end, the graphics just don't matter at all.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Nope. It's a seriously fugly game. It looks worse than games much older than it.

But that being said, it's still going to be the only game I buy this year. In the end, the graphics just don't matter at all.

this, except i bought like 6 games already this year and am getting one more (civ)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Of course you ain't but I think everyone already know that Gamebryo engine is POS and there's no way to make it look good.

Civilization IV? Sid Meier's Pirates? emoemotsmug.gif

I was just about to mention that I remember Civ Revolution looking quite good, too. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"Go find and bring me back...."

Why are rpg designers, even good ones, still doing these crap fetch quests?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

They really should make an RPG where you are a courier.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I guess that's the difference between a 15 hour game and a 60 hour game. Or may be creativity has to be strictly rationed according to FCC regulations, who knows.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

To be fair, it's the Survival tutorial. It's basically meant to tell you how to pick up these things in the gameworld and then use them to prepare the healing powder.

I hear you, but still, just have the npc give me the things I need. No need to turn my pc into an errand boy or girl.

Understand I'm not blaming Obs directly--this kind of stuff is still too common in rpgs in general. I was just hoping Obs would raise the bar a bit. Starting the game with a fetch-it quest is just kind of blah.

Hopefully, it's a rare exception to what will otherwise be a complex and surprising collection of story-related quests.

I hear you, but still, just have the npc give me the things I need. No need to turn my pc into an errand boy or girl.

Understand I'm not blaming Obs directly--this kind of stuff is still too common in rpgs in general. I was just hoping Obs would raise the bar a bit. Starting the game with a fetch-it quest is just kind of blah.

Hopefully, it's a rare exception to what will otherwise be a complex and surprising collection of story-related quests.

Again, it's a tutorial. If the NPC just gave you the ingredients it would miss that step where it teaches you how to pick them up in the first place. Yeah, you could argue 'even a 5 years old could do that', but it wouldn't be a good tutorial if it was all based on that assumption.

Again, it's a tutorial. If the NPC just gave you the ingredients it would miss that step where it teaches you how to pick them up in the first place. Yeah, you could argue 'even a 5 years old could do that', but it wouldn't be a good tutorial if it was all based on that assumption.

Fair enough. One quest doesn't represent the bulk of the game regardless, so no need for me to dwell on it. :lol:

I need to go collect 10 lawn chairs anyway. :)