What you did today

Gorth

yeah i think i might break up with the current girl, considering i'm taking another one out for dinner on thursday night...

still trying to decide between them :skull:

ok one of them just promised to make me a steak and guiness pie

i think we have a winner :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest The Architect

Yeah, you're following the right criteria. All else being equal, you pick the one who does a better job in the kitchen.

Anyway, how hard is it to get a green card and American citizenship? A work friend of my dad's went there not too long ago, he brought back copies of their local paper and was telling us about the bargains in real estate over there. Acres of land and three storey buildings for under 2 mill, whether as over here in Aussie land you'd be easily looking at over 5 mill for something like that.

There has to be a catch. They're probably selling these properties in notorious serial killer areas.

Oh, and the AFL grand final on Saturday was extraordinary epic. It ended in a draw and the replay will be next Saturday. Same time, same ground. GO THE SAINTS.

Edited by The Architect

Anyway, how hard is it to get a green card and American citizenship?

Green card? Citi-zen-ship? What are these strange words you speak? He should just jump the fence like everyone else and then demand we dont deport him, while taking advantage of our social programs. :thumbsup:

I had to leave the inernets while my ISP tried to work out how to be a telecommunications company.

I ****ing hate ISP customer services. In fact ALL utilities customer services.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Usually vet places that have euthanized my kitties send me a 'so sorry' card a week later. The place I went to this time sent me a clay footprint impression in the shape of a heart. Kinda like the baby-foot impressions people do. Does this strike anyone else as kind kind of weird? I mean, I'm sitting here wondering if they euthanized him then pressed his dead paw into this little 'remembrance gift.' Doesn't that seem a little creepy? I know they meant well, but still. :lol:

babyheart.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Look at the size of that paw! Was Baby part bobcat or something? :p

And yes, thats a bit creepy, as I would guess they pressed his dead paw into the clay.

Oh, and sorry for your loss. :lol: I hate it when pets die.

He was fairly long - maybe 20-22" head/body+10-12" tail - and somewhat tall (12-13" on 4 legs) but thin & not very heavy (maybe 14lbs). But he had giant 'snowshoe' feet. When he was a kitten I thought he was going to be even larger. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Look at the size of that paw! Was Baby part bobcat or something? :p

And yes, thats a bit creepy, as I would guess they pressed his dead paw into the clay.

Oh, and sorry for your loss. :) I hate it when pets die.

He was fairly long - maybe 20-22" head/body+10-12" tail - and somewhat tall (12-13" on 4 legs) but thin & not very heavy (maybe 14lbs). But he had giant 'snowshoe' feet. When he was a kitten I thought he was going to be even larger. :)

For an awful moment there I thought you'd said you'd turned him into a snowshoe, and was like "Just one shoe?"

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Stargate Universe had the season premiere last night. Squee. Not overly different from what I expected given how last season ended.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

kinda nervous - haven't really taken a girl out for a proper date before :ermm:

Really?! :lol:

Seriously though, I'm sure you'll do fine. :sorcerer:

not really - the closest thing i've come to a proper date has just been taking someone out to have coffee and talk bollocks

Slept through my alarm.

Shryke, dinner dates I DO understand:

1. Go somewhere with friendly and respectful staff OR really really rude ones

2. Listen, don' speak, at least to begin with

3. Don't skimp on the wine, and don't buy the most expensive wine either. Depending on the girl either choose something huge and red if she likes a challenge, or cold and white and mild, if she's shy.

-Elwood Blues

just got home from the dinner/date thingy - i think it went pretty well

met up with her when she got into town and she mentioned she was thirsty. i suggested we go grab a coffee before dinner - she suggested beer (+10 awesome points)

went for dinner at a nice vegetarian restaurant, which was nommylicious, then walked her back to her sister's place

her sister's boyfriend let us in, then he went to bed and left the two of us alone in the lounge

at this point it was getting pretty late and i thought about heading home (i have work in a few hours), but she insisted i stay and read her a story. strangely enough she's not the first person to request that. apparently i have a nice voice? :sorcerer:

so i read her a story then we talked for a while, then i tucked her into bed and came home

it was quite a nice night :ermm:

just got home from the dinner/date thingy - i think it went pretty well

met up with her when she got into town and she mentioned she was thirsty. i suggested we go grab a coffee before dinner - she suggested beer (+10 awesome points)

went for dinner at a nice vegetarian restaurant, which was nommylicious, then walked her back to her sister's place

her sister's boyfriend let us in, then he went to bed and left the two of us alone in the lounge

at this point it was getting pretty late and i thought about heading home (i have work in a few hours), but she insisted i stay and read her a story.

... How young are these ladies, exactly? :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Never knock the good effects you can get reading a book to a lady... especially in a comfortable, but slightly intimate setting.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I have just spent half a day filling in the many holes in my Calc knowledge on the first two chapters... well, most of them, still got a pile of them to fill in.

Related rates is killing me and I need to go over two more sections in the third chapter.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I hope it wasn't Aunty Mena's on Cuba, by 'nice'. :)

It's hard to find a good micro-bead pillow for sleeping use. I love them...next time I find one I like, I'm ordering 10. This week has been fairly busy during the daytimes but the evenings have been relaxing watching the new season tv shows & pleasant "Indian summer" weather.

My sister-in-law finally found someone to rent their house here while they live up north a while. The interesting part is the renter is one of the people who lost their house in the San Bruno gas pipe explosion. Small world.

It's October, so you know what that means-- time to switch from clear liquor to dark.

In that vein, I'm on my second Old Fashioned of the evening.

When in doubt, always remember: the drinks that get the glasses they're served in named after them are pretty damn good.