Dragon Age 2

CoM_Solaufein

" Except that in the movie industry there are higher standards than in game journalism, or at least more reputable critics. "

No.

"Actually NWN is far worse than KOTOR."

No.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

just like NWN :-

Actually NWN is far worse than KOTOR. :p

I guess that's the sort of thing that happens when you're successful - you make one good thing and everything else gets praised by default. Like with Steven Spielberg. Except that in the movie industry there are higher standards than in game journalism, or at least more reputable critics.

You didn't realize that Sorophx's comment is in response to Volo stating how those that talk up KOTOR make Volo hate KOTOR more, while Volo's commentary regarding NWN does the same for others?

Except I don't go around spamming about NWN over and over again in every thread unless someone brings it up unlike others dragging stupid KOTOR into a DA2 thread. LMAO

Besdies, the people hating on NWN never liked the game to begin with so I doubt my opinion on the game changed theirs unlike my growing to dislike KOTOR more and more.

R00fles!

:sorcerer:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Keep it happy folks.

In any case, if you think you can change Volo's mind about NWN, questions must be raised about you and lost causes... :sorcerer:

just like NWN :-

Actually NWN is far worse than KOTOR. :sorcerer:

I guess that's the sort of thing that happens when you're successful - you make one good thing and everything else gets praised by default. Like with Steven Spielberg. Except that in the movie industry there are higher standards than in game journalism, or at least more reputable critics.

You didn't realize that Sorophx's comment is in response to Volo stating how those that talk up KOTOR make Volo hate KOTOR more, while Volo's commentary regarding NWN does the same for others?

I'm just in it for the ride :(

But I must admit, I've never felt so ripped of as when I finished NWN OC. I'm not really trying to bait him, I firmly hold the opinion that the vanilla game is garbage.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

But I must admit, I've never felt so ripped of as when I finished NWN OC.

What took you so long? I realized I hated it by Act II. I never did complete the thing until after Hordes came out. I still don't even know why I gave Hordes a chance, but am glad I did.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What took you so long? I realized I hated it by Act II. I never did complete the thing until after Hordes came out. I still don't even know why I gave Hordes a chance, but am glad I did.

Seconded. I stopped at Act 2. I did finish both expansions, which were way better.

I went on my rant about that way back in the day. Dragon Age wanted to be dark or whatnot. Well, it kept giving us rosey ending options that were just as easy as the rest. Then just for the heck of it, denied a middleground option for Alistair/Loghain.

I'm a big thematic individual. And it was inconsistent on that. Is it meant to be about doing extra hard to earn your happy ending, despite the fact that the happy ending wasn't any harder? Or is about how you can't always win, despite the fact that you could more often than not and the only time you couldn't it simply felt forced.

It seems like that designer might understand my position. Third options (options outside the assumed in pursuit of a more ideal ending) need to be harder or else the first two become trivial. But I have a difficulty imaging a way to actually generate that difficulty. I thought the "rally the crowd" option in ME2 was simply silly. I don't think talking to a few more guys or being consistent is exactly earning it.

But off the top of my head, I can see ways. Make the player pay attention to detail and have hidden quests based on pursuit of those details. In that sense, maybe simply hinting that Mages could have helped Conner could have been viable and made that quest better. But I would have liked to risk something to pursuit it.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i remember playing through DA the first time fully expecting that all my good deeds would somehow lead to harm befalling someone in the future. Like letting those bandits live at lothering, i was convinced that those bandits would later kill a family or something and I would feel bad about it. there were probably a dozen little moments like that which I kept expecting to have some consequences, but none of them did (that i can remember)

so i still liked the game, but there is tons and tons of room for improvement in quest design and C&C for the sequel.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I was young and green and loved watching my monks combat animations and (at level 20) glowing eyes. Even after the initial disappointment I played again as a wizard to see the spells in action and to make sure I didn't actually miss anything.

I didn't.

At that time I could play anything. Later I came to hate the game for its half-arsed approach to absolutely every aspect of game design - from graphics, to story and gameplay.

Funny as it sounds I liked the esotericism of ADnD in BG and Torment. The third edition killed the enjoyment for me somewhat, because it was too easy to grasp and abuse the system.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

^ Congratulations RPGMasterBoo, you are now entitled to call yourself a true grognard / padawan dual-class.

We now walk the same bitter, path. Welcome :p

I hear you brother.

A former Bio Dev Brent Knowles blog, on why he left.

So I was wrong about all of them suffering from extreme hubris. Its what I've been saying all along and I can't say I'm sorry to see them losing talented people over it. No ambition makes Jack a dull boy.

logosig2.jpg

So basically BW sold their souls and he refused to. :p

A bit stretching it, aren't we?

I was checking out the bio forums yesterday, and now understand what D. Gaider was replying to. I think the gist was that the original plan for DA2 was indeed to make it fantasy mass effect, but they've scaled back (squad control is still/again in)... I wish I had the time to find that specific thread, but am late from work as is. :o

I'm actually looking quite a lot forward into seeing the demo in a couple of weeks, because I want to see what the new combat system is like (and I can compare it to both DAO ps3 and pc)...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So basically BW sold their souls and he refused to. :p

A bit stretching it, aren't we?

I was checking out the bio forums yesterday, and now understand what D. Gaider was replying to. I think the gist was that the original plan for DA2 was indeed to make it fantasy mass effect, but they've scaled back (squad control is still/again in)... I wish I had the time to find that specific thread, but am late from work as is. :o

I'm actually looking quite a lot forward into seeing the demo in a couple of weeks, because I want to see what the new combat system is like (and I can compare it to both DAO ps3 and pc)...

And, verily, the fanbois squealed and poureth forth their accusations of 'hater' when the unfaithful pointed out that the intention was 'Dragon Effect' all along.

LOL.

sonsofgygax.JPG