Dragon Age 2

Again, you're just getting into definitions of what I mean by Fed Ex vs what you mean by Fed Ex. I already stated what I mean for reference, whether we agree on that or not isn't really relevant to anything, call them random quests if you like or whatever else, so long as you understand what I meant.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Yeah the extra quests in DA job boards are purely just filler quests and didn't add a whole lot. Almost like content for content's sake.

At least it's optional.

A few of them were nice. The ones that had you go look for someone or dump bodies.

"I need potions" can rot, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i was thinking of a Starcraft ghost actually when the Spectre was first mentioned in previews. it turns out they were more like judge dredd but not nearly as cool.

The Nova part in SC2 made me wish that Starcraft: Ghost had made its way to the stores. We need more steath based games.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

i wholeheartedly agree.

I particularly like the stealth games where you can actually still fight if you want, but stealth is preferred/very viable. I wish stealth was better in batman arkham asylum for example. if the combat and stealth were better integrated with each other it would have been sooooo cool.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Again, you're just getting into definitions of what I mean by Fed Ex vs what you mean by Fed Ex. I already stated what I mean for reference, whether we agree on that or not isn't really relevant to anything, call them random quests if you like or whatever else, so long as you understand what I meant.

From design perspective, it's very important that everyone use correct terms when giving critique or praise (or developer will in worst case scenario make complitely wrong changes... if they choose to listen the fanbase. Always a bad idea IMO)). FedEx quest is very much used in game biz and it's well defined what it means (well, before this thread I didn't think it would be even possible to define it differently as term FedEx is rather selfexplanatory).

From Quests: design, theory, and history in games and narratives By Jeff Howard

"A frequent variant of the fetch quest could be referred as delivery quest (less formally known as FedEx quest), in which a player must carry item from one character to another."

RPG Programming with XNA Game Studio 3.0 By Jim Perry

"A FedEx quest, named after the delivery company, is a quest in which the player has to deliver to an entity".

Massively multiplayer games for dummies By Scott Jennings, Alexander Macris

"The FedEx quest: A quest in which you're asked to bring something to someone else".

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Fed Ex also picks stuff up you know. It doesn't really matter if it's fetch, deliver, or kill, the point is it's a stand alone menial assignment which means very little in the context of the rest of the game. I could use "random" but that would be even more confusing, SRPG's don't usually have randomly generated quests, so unless you can come up with a really good term, I'd continue to use either Fed Ex or fetch quest, since most people seem to have an idea of what those are.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Fed Ex also picks stuff up you know. It doesn't really matter if it's fetch, deliver, or kill, the point is it's a stand alone menial assignment which means very little in the context of the rest of the game. I could use "random" but that would be even more confusing, SRPG's don't usually have randomly generated quests, so unless you can come up with a really good term, I'd continue to use either Fed Ex or fetch quest, since most people seem to have an idea of what those are.

Let's just be clear here:

The definition you have doesn't coincide with the previously already established one going back god nknows how long.

FedEx isn't exclusive to "stand alone menial assignment which means very little in the context of the rest of the game."

If you don't want people to misunderstand you, I suggest you learn the nomenclature of your hobby so that you can properly convey the point you wish to describe. You are not going to be changing the definition of a FedEx quest anytime soon.

The problem with the Mako is largely that there is absolutely no credible threat to it. The Council doesn't need Spectres, they just need a couple of Mako drivers and they could end every war ever.

Then you should love the hammerhead. Everything is a credible threat to it. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ausir from the 'Codex?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The BioWare Social Network has several threads where people talk about their impressions of the game.

Well, don't keep us in the dark, what's the general consensus?

Don't make me trudge through the twisted sewers of Bioware Social just to find out.

I stopped visiting the 'impressions' thread after Mike Laidlaw and a fan who tried the game started bickering about whether or not there was a bug or the fan's impressions were accurate.

EDIT : Interesting thing. Now Bioware is intent on calling their gimped tactical camera 'tactical camera 2.0'. The german previews openly mocked them for that, calling it 'tactical camera 0.5'.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Don't underestimate the Hammerhead; surely it will play a pivotal role in wiping out the Reapers:

70084050.jpg

Hey, now. The Reaper in ME1 wasn't too bad.

The Terminator clone in ME2, on the other hand ... :x

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

EDIT : Interesting thing. Now Bioware is intent on calling their gimped tactical camera 'tactical camera 2.0'. The german previews openly mocked them for that, calling it 'tactical camera 0.5'.

That's pretty funny. I'm giving them benefit of the doubt on it, supposedly they're exploring different tactical cameras. Maybe it will be gimped, but I WANT TO BELIEVE.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

but I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Your sister got kidnapped by aliens? :x That's exactly what happened to BW's talent, its being held up by a bunch of aliens who are forcing them to do everything ME.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif