Dragon Age 2

wow. so much troll in only one post. There are at least 5 different trolls in a post with only 5 different punctuation marks.

bravo volo, you have been levelling up ...

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Volo isn't a troll, he's troll-bait, hanging on a hook. it's just that nobody ever bites and Volo's become really bored

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I kinda picture a troll who is constantly hanging troll bait out his window in hopes of landing another one and getting in a trollgument (troll argument) to occupy his day

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I figured he meant he was being sarcastic about the entire post.

No.. the sarcasm is the last statement.. the points I brought up were stated on blues.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Don't mind me, I'll just leave this here.

orig_320200_1_1257581825.png

And this man wins this round of nerd rage fight... discussion over... :sorcerer:

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I tried the other origins but didn't get any further than that. I just doesn't have the appeal of the older ... oldest Bioware titles that you could replay over and over again. Mabye things will be better with DA2 ... even though i seriously doubt it. But some girls i know keep playing and playing and buying all the DLC and even the books ... can't understand why.

From what they were saying on blues news, DA2 is being subcontracted to a 3rd party developer, has suffered budget cuts and on the fast track for release. As we all know from experience those are all the elements of a solid title... yes.. that was sarcasm.. :shifty:

:sorcerer: Subcontracting? Huh, never heard anything about that if true. Couldn't possibly understand the reasoning for it as iirc bioware has two dev teams; dedicated to ME and DA respectively.

yes some company I never heard of (which does not mean a lot) is deving DA2.. bioware is in effect acting as a exec producer level but the actual dev is this other studio. If I come across the name of the studio again ill post it.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Stand corrected... the TRAILER was deved and released by blur.com NOT the actual game. My mistake. However they ARE making it less tactical. From what the post said they are making the combat more 'fast paced' and seemed to imply bioware is going in a more action game with RPG elements direction. They still talk about budget cuts and the game on a fast track which generally never bodes well.

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

trollgument (troll argument)
Dude, that's more insulting to my intelligence than anything Volo could come up with.

thats the joke................

P: No! Thats impossible!!

D: search your feelings you know it to be true

P: No! it can't be!!!!

- Transcript from court appearance.

this is how all my cases turn out :(

Dragon Age 2 is not subcontracted to any third party, unless somehow, Bioware is trying to keep it a secret, and David Gaider and Mike Laidlaw are simply talking about things they really don't know about because it's someone else doing their work.

Really, I'm not Bioware's biggest fan, because, while I can understand why they keep the same formula, it's starting to be a bit tiring to me, but that's just gratuitous bashing.

There is a certain sense of the past repeating itself --- after BG they went in a console direction with Jade Empire and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then they delivered a PC title with NWN then went back to consoles with ME / ME2 then delivered a PC-orientated title.

I think now, though, the direction of travel is clear (consoles) and Bio is simply echoing broader trends in the industry. I don't really like their games, well 90% of them, but that's show business.

I'm not a gambling man but I doubt we will ever see a PC-only or PC-orientated title from Bio again.

sonsofgygax.JPG

There is a certain sense of the past repeating itself --- after BG they went in a console direction with Jade Empire and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then they delivered a PC title with NWN then went back to consoles with ME / ME2 then delivered a PC-orientated title.

I think now, though, the direction of travel is clear (consoles) and Bio is simply echoing broader trends in the industry. I don't really like their games, well 90% of them, but that's show business.

I'm not a gambling man but I doubt we will ever see a PC-only or PC-orientated title from Bio again.

Star Wars: The Old Republic. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If you read what Mike Laidlaw is saying in the linked posts, I've linked to on the previous page, everyone seems very focused on the swish action combat in the first 10 minutes of the game. Mike Laidlaw (and David Gaider etc.) all then has said that Varric is indeed exageretting Hawke's ways of doing things, and Cassandra is the -ahem- 'truth police'. So, when she is asking about Varric if that's how it really happened, Varric tells the tale again. And the fighting is much harder this time around...

And yes, I know that neither Bioware nor Obsidian did invent framed narratives (Boccacio's Decameron comes to mind) or a narrative with an unreliabe narrator; I just meant that Obsidian and Bioware know each other from way back and they probably exchange ideas...and such.... And to tell a story this way, it is a first to me...in a video game, at least...

I also meant that I thought it maybe could get a little trivial for people to play the same game sequence over again....

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

I doubt we will ever see a PC-only or PC-orientated title from Bio again

and good riddance

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Star Wars: The Old Republic. :p

Granted. I meant new franchises - alhough I suppose MMOs are the natural PC-only route for Bio, DA2 looks like a single-player MMO!

sonsofgygax.JPG

You cna't have a single player MMO. That entire line doesn't even make sense. Think about it for a second. It's literally impossible.

It's as bad as those who talk about 'reverse racismj' meaning 'anti white'. It's illogical, and makes no sense. Anti white is plain ol fahsion racism not reverse racism.

A SP MMO simply cannot exist.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You cna't have a single player MMO.

oh yes you can. you know how people steal the WoW sourse code and build their own servers? well try playing on one of those. it's a single-player MMO.

anyway, Diablo 2 could somewhat be called a single-player MMO, because it has both options: to play alone or in a party.

P.S.: to tell you the truth I'd kill for a chance to play a single-player version of Final Fantasy 11, the missions there are kick-ass

Walsingham said: