What you did today

Gorth

Ugh. More problems.

Couldn't have expressed it better myself. Now that my system is finally up and running, besides being almost as noisy as my old P4 computer, the ATI gfx card has developed a very loud coil/cap whine. Frequency changes with the GPU clock frequency. Loud enough to annoy me downstairs when the computer is running upstairs. Prediction: The card is gonna blow in less than two weeks :thumbsup:

Finally got around to watch fourth season of Battlestar Galactica. Not quite sure what I think of it yet. Good in glimpses, but too much mysticism and weird stuff.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finally got around to watch fourth season of Battlestar Galactica. Not quite sure what I think of it yet. Good in glimpses, but too much mysticism and weird stuff.

To be honest, the mysticism was introduced as soon as the first season. I would have preferred it as a hard sci-fi show, but hey, it's enjoyable even with all the mysticism. Just try to prepare mentally for the finale.

You'll have to eliminate your logical reasoning and just accept it.

This thread is packed full of ultimate win.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.p...3191&page=5

Thanks a lot, man. That's thirty minutes laughing like a t***.

Anybody who dares question the innate awesomeness of the Internet needs to read that thread!

That thread serves as a good reminder to never ever put a pic of yourself on teh internetz. :)

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Going out with a female coworker this wednesday for a few hours, strictly platonic. We're thinking beer and go-karts. :)

Also seriously considering hitting the gym. I really want to take up weight lifting and work on my upper body before leaving for university next year.

I bought a new (well, new to me) car today. It is a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I traded in my 09 Honda Accord for it, and they kinda canceled out in terms of price. We just needed a bigger vehicle for the family.

Also seriously considering hitting the gym. I really want to take up weight lifting and work on my upper body before leaving for university next year.

Please, I know I am a completely unreasonable and grating a hole but for the love of god hear me out on this. Don't waste your time with a ridiculous routine one of your bros put together or something you haphazardly researched on the internet. Become a competent barbell lifter and you will have everything you'll ever need. Literally 5-6 exercises max. I'd recommend starting strength as your primary routine however if you are new to the gym stronglifts or stripped 5x5 will produce similar but less optimal results. Even if you're going for aesthetics you need real strength training first and that requires a barbell and lots of squats.

starting strength: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Sta...g_Strength_Wiki

stronglifts: http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beg...aining-program/

Stripped 5x5: http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Came back in last night. Its good to be home.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Going out with a female coworker this wednesday for a few hours, strictly platonic. We're thinking beer and go-karts. :thumbsup:

Hah, last time I hit the gym was pretty painful. My face was all bruised up from hitting it pretty hard. 'suppose next time I'll use the frontdoor and actually work out :)

As for lifting weights, you don't even need that. Situps, pushups, squats and other such fun calisthenics. But it all starts with eating healthy. Gym time won't be as good as it can be if your eating unhealthy and at messed up times. 3 meals a day of non sugary and non-fat concentrated substances is a good start (Oatmeal is KING), no need to be planning meals out and throwing in whey protean and other stuff like that unless you want to eventually look like a brickwall.

Edited by unskilled-

Going out with a female coworker this wednesday for a few hours, strictly platonic. We're thinking beer and go-karts. :thumbsup:

Hah, last time I hit the gym was pretty painful. My face was all bruised up from hitting it pretty hard. 'suppose next time I'll use the frontdoor and actually work out :)

As for lifting weights, you don't even need that. Situps, pushups, squats and other such fun calisthenics. But it all starts with eating healthy. Gym time won't be as good as it can be if your eating unhealthy and at messed up times. 3 meals a day of non sugary and non-fat concentrated substances is a good start (Oatmeal is KING), no need to be planning meals out and throwing in whey protean and other stuff like that unless you want to eventually look like a brickwall.

I used whey protein quite successfully when working out during my last weight losing spree. Helps retain muscle mass, which helps you lose weight.

And yeah, free weights is better, but for 5-6 exercices you need to be in better shape - to be able to actually do the "serious" ones. I'm not, so I'm at 10-12.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I have actually been making progress on my weight loss/fat loss. Three things:

1. Meaty breakfast - stops me feeling peckish during the day.

2. Lots of fibre

3. Only drinking half what I normally do. This took a while to get used to. The good thing is I've adjusted and so now get just as drunk for half the money. Result!

I've been complimented three times in the last fortnight for looking lots thinner.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Currently researching the purchase, upkeep and maintenance of a vintage armoured fighting vehicle.

Seriously.

Am thinking of either an ageing FV432 APC or maybe an old-skool M1 Halfie. I need a field to drive it around in.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Currently researching the purchase, upkeep and maintenance of a vintage armoured fighting vehicle.

Seriously.

Am thinking of either an ageing FV432 APC or maybe an old-skool M1 Halfie. I need a field to drive it around in.

Where the **** are you going to get use out of it? In any case I thought we were still using all our FV432s. Since Labour failed to deliver the medium weight replacement.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

@ Wals.

There are some up-armoured 432s floating around, but there are also enough really old ones to buy. The Mastiff was bulk-bought and is apparently v. popular, I don't know if there are any serving types who could tell me if that and Vector basically put the resurrected 432 programme into mothballs again.

If I wanted an old 1960's vintage Abbott SP gun I'd be laughing. But I don't.

I want to drive it around a field. It's been a big thing I've wanted to do for many years, my dream would be a tank (a Sherman, one that was actually in use with a WW2 Yeomanry preferably) but I have to be realistic.

Maybe I need to start smaller, maybe a scout car of some description.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

Changed all four sets of brakes and the two front rotors on my car over the weekend. Also rotated the tires and got an oil change. In about 40 miles I will have reached 100,000 miles and my car will officially be out of warranty. In yet another reminder that old age has set its teeth into me, every muscle from my knees to my shoulders aches.

Can't you just arrange for a tour or something and get a test drive?

It might make more sense to just pay for a 'membership' at one of those places where you can drive a range of vehicles. Then they'd be taking care of all the maintenance, land, and the initial purchase.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to own a Casspir and I don't think I'd settle for renting, but it's worth considering.

-Elwood Blues

In half an hour, I'm dragging my spouse kicking & screaming to the theater to see Inception. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Gonna root my Evo in a bit, maybe try Cyanogen.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

In half an hour, I'm dragging my spouse kicking & screaming to the theater to see Inception. :lol:

You have to drag him kicking and screaming to see Inception? O.o

Not just Inception...any movie, really...but yeah, the ambiguous ads didn't make him all that interested, he's not a DiCaprio fan + he's almost crowd-phobic. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts