What you did today

Gorth

Dang krook? your school not rent out an amusment park to prevent you from getting drunk, just for you to go out the next day and get completely wasted? thats what mine did :lol:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dang krook? your school not rent out an amusment park to prevent you from getting drunk, just for you to go out the next day and get completely wasted? thats what mine did :lol:

Our "Project Graduation" (event designed to keep us from drinking after graduation) took place LAST night, because we had to add an extra day to the school year due to snowdays. Basically we got the best of both worlds - a school funded night of sober AWESOMENESS and a kegger thrown by a classmate. Just got home. Feeling awesome, in the sense that I could throw up at any minute. high school </3

In Queenstown, NZ.

Beautiful place down there :lol:

For a bit of fun, gather some Aussies and Kiwis in the same room and ask who invented the Pavlova :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In Queenstown, NZ.

Beautiful place down there :lol:

For a bit of fun, gather some Aussies and Kiwis in the same room and ask who invented the Pavlova :p

Hahaha! Yes, so beautiful. I'll try and upload photos when I get back.

I'm amazed by the diversity of people here. Like so many Brits, Americans, Aussies, Scottish and Irish. Relatively few Kiwis :p

The CBD is pretty intense. Shops and people EVERYWHERE. Far too many for a town of 15,000 people. Tourist central. Still manages to be cheaper than Australia half the time.

I am very tempted to return here in summer. Even given the transfer flight from Christchurch to Queenstown it's still cheaper than Europe or South America. Although it kind of feels weird travelling to another country and the culture being identical. Even the bloody street signs and coins look the same. I would like to experience something exotic. I'm thinking Brazil or Chile.

Parkour.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Did I mention that I very nearly invented that sport in Scotland in the 1980s? I stopped short when I realised what would happen if I missed even one jump on those cliffs.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm thinking Brazil or Chile.

Both excellent choices. Mind the crime in Rio. Seriously, they will steal your kidneys but its an unbelievable place to party. Valpariso Chile is simply one of the best places Ive ever been to. The locals are great and the women are smokin hot.

I'm amazed by the diversity of people here. Like so many Brits, Americans, Aussies, Scottish and Irish. Relatively few Kiwis :ermm:

heh kinda similar here in wellington too

since moving here i've met people from England, Scotland, Bulgaria, Canada, America, Israel, France, Chile, Germany, Denmark, Austria, etc etc

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Had the "surreal" experience of having my credit card info pilfered somewhere and people using it to draw money from my account. Luckily it was discovered right away by the bank who contacted me, wondering why the heck I suddenly started spending lots of thousands of dollars worth of services (car rental, insurance etc.) in US, Canada and the UK. Got the transactions cancelled and all my money transferred back, the card blocked and fraud investigation underway. I think in the future, I'm not going to let go of my card when checking into hotels =]

My otherwise excellently performing PC is standing still at the moment :(

The external pump/reservoir combo broke down and I'm now on the hunt for a new cooling system. I don't think I'll ever get something as nice and quiet as the one I had though (the product has been discontinued). Time to check out other manufacturers :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm thinking Brazil or Chile.

Both excellent choices. Mind the crime in Rio. Seriously, they will steal your kidneys but its an unbelievable place to party. Valpariso Chile is simply one of the best places Ive ever been to. The locals are great and the women are smokin hot.

Sounds bloody awesome.

Watched a sloppy-crazy yet entertaining to watch baseball game between the Red Sox & the SF Giants. Pedroia nearly breaking his foot wasn't good news tho. On the bright side, I like both teams so it almost doesn't matter who wins/loses.

It's been a relatively quiet week...looking forward to a quiet weekend.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bought me a Car. 2004 Hyundai Sonata, GREAT condition for 5.3k some money pulled out for new tires, an alignment and we're thinking about changing the suspension but it's not an immediate thing.

I think you should establish a system whereby you can fill the interior with an actual aquarium. Then sit in it in your bathing trunks.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

^ Are you going to pimp it? Why not take the roof off and upholster it in leopard-skin faux fur stuff. Then get some groovy alloys and you're good to go.

If I did pimp it out I'd have a full entertainment suite in the back.

I bought Alpha Protocol And DA: The Awakening for a mere 38 euros + free shipping. Kind of a bargain, i would say.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I had some blood work done this morning, then an x-ray done right after. I'm glad this fasting crap is over with. Currently I'm sitting at a pizza buffet, making up for twelve hours of not ingesting anything.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

woke up this morning to dozens of txt messages

then checked my email to find a good 60 of them to delete

now i'm sitting at home by myself bored out of my mind and thinking of going for a walk to find something to do

yay for birthdays... :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Bought a soundbar speaker for the TV. It's not like having a 10 speaker surround system but it's actually not too bad. Still needs a subwoofer for real bass tho. I sure miss the huge Radioshack tower speakers we used to use years ago that made the couch/floor literally rumble even at low volume.

All this new fangled sound stuff, while it's definitely 'cleaner' sounding & you can get plenty of bass, most of it still, to me, doesn't have the same kind of bass impact that those old systems had. I don't know if that makes sense...but there it is.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

yay for birthdays... :lol:

Happy birthday Shryke :lol:

b030.gif

Bought a soundbar speaker for the TV. It's not like having a 10 speaker surround system but it's actually not too bad. Still needs a subwoofer for real bass tho. I sure miss the huge Radioshack tower speakers we used to use years ago that made the couch/floor literally rumble even at low volume.

All this new fangled sound stuff, while it's definitely 'cleaner' sounding & you can get plenty of bass, most of it still, to me, doesn't have the same kind of bass impact that those old systems had. I don't know if that makes sense...but there it is.

Might have to with acoustics. I'm having the exact same setup I used to have in my new apartment, and there's absolutely no impact in bass. Sometimes it just works out that way.

5.0 setup here. Need a sub, as a decent sub would be at least in the same 1,5k euro ballpark my tv and amp were, I'm currently restrained by my grad student budget from obliging my desires. :thumbsup:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif