Fallout: New Vegas

Mandatory Steam usage? I use Steam already, but dammit, I hate you guys so much right now. Why must you infect everything Steam?! WHY?! :yucky:

By how the guy made it sound, it was either that or an even worse DRM.

Also, consider that before we had Games for Windows LIVE :x

I still would have liked more a less intrusive alternative though.

The Project Director on Fallout: New Vegas, Josh Sawyer, came to Black Isle Studios to be the web guy on Planescape: Torment, but after seeing his work in posing for one of the original D&D modules (no joke), we had to bring him over as a designer on pretty much every one of our projects after that

"Posing for"? Like, as a model?

It's time to Get Real™.

In 1993-ish, my father did sculpture restoration work for the city of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. He was assisted in this endeavor by TSR staff artist Jeff "Pretty Much Every Major AD&D Pre-3E Book Cover" Easley. I wanted to be a fantasy illustrator, so I was really excited to meet him, Brom, Clyde Caldwell, Robh Ruppel, and some of the other TSR illustrators. Robh Ruppel needed a model for a Solamnic squire on the cover of a module he was illustrating, so he called up my dad and asked if I could do it. The module was Knight's Sword, and was written by... future Black Isle co-worker Colin McComb!

... though I didn't realize that the guy who wrote the module I was on the cover of worked at Black Isle for the first year I was in Black Isle.

True stories.

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dl/dl-dlq1.htm

(I'm the dragon.)

The module was Knight's Sword, and was written by... future Black Isle co-worker Colin McComb!

... though I didn't realize that the guy who wrote the module I was on the cover of worked at Black Isle for the first year I was in Black Isle.

Awkward.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Project Director on Fallout: New Vegas, Josh Sawyer, came to Black Isle Studios to be the web guy on Planescape: Torment, but after seeing his work in posing for one of the original D&D modules (no joke), we had to bring him over as a designer on pretty much every one of our projects after that

It's time to Get Real.

In 1993-ish, my father did sculpture restoration work for the city of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. He was assisted in this endeavor by TSR staff artist Jeff "Pretty Much Every Major AD&D Pre-3E Book Cover" Easley. I wanted to be a fantasy illustrator, so I was really excited to meet him, Brom, Clyde Caldwell, Robh Ruppel, and some of the other TSR illustrators. Robh Ruppel needed a model for a Solamnic squire on the cover of a module he was illustrating, so he called up my dad and asked if I could do it. The module was Knight's Sword, and was written by... future Black Isle co-worker Colin McComb!

True stories.

(I'm the dragon.)

so much awesome in this post. D&D4life (except 4e...)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Looks like Obsidian, or its publishers, are moving to stricter and stricter DRM. Mandatory Steam? What kind of crapshoot is that? :p

Sounds like FO:NV will take at least 5 minutes to load every time I run it, then.

It's on off. I don't know if it's a change in the new version but it's easier to get into your games offline now. It doesn't tank for 5 minutes while trying to connect on a system that doesn't have internet access anymore. That was seriously annoying.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

steam runs like butter for me. smooth and delicious.

i HATED it when it first came out, but its pretty painless now.

I only use offline mode though, i don't like the feeling of being "connected"

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's time to Get Real.

True stories.

(I'm the dragon.)

You know, the picture did jar a memory, probably of you telling that story at least once before over the last 10 years or so that I've been following CRPG developments online.

(Egad, has it been that long?? I recall first making a login for a Black Isle board when I was a lowly undergraduate seeking help with PS:T...)

Edited by Enoch

Josh Sawyer's post at SAF

Yes, some of the features we have added are things modders have done in one way or another. I will never denigrate modders because they do great work with no access to tools. I also have done my best to credit the mod community for inspiring some of our F:NV features. However, the manner in which they accomplish some things is like the equivalent of driving with your feet.

A lot of the things that we have done would either a) not be possible without access to code or b) are much better done with code and GECK modifications than with what's available in Fallout 3.

E.g. the Companion Wheel. That's not something that you could whip up as an F3 mod. Similarly, ammo types/subtypes, looping reloads, and all of their associated data required an significant code overhaul.

Other elements, like "basic needs", weapon mods, and so on can be found in scripted mods, but in F:NV are integrated in ways that are much friendlier to game play and much easier to extend.

Caravan Pack: pre-order bonus from Game.com.au

fnv-caravanpack.jpg

Edited by funcroc

That picture reminds me. Can we please do something about the crappy eyes in Fallout? Eyes are the most focal point of human attention, yet you can't even tell the difference between the colours.

I'm not saying everyone shoudl have gemstone eyes, but it would be good to have simple variation in saturation. High CHARISMA characters should have striking eyes.

And before anyone says 'post apocalypse', need I post the picture of the Afghan Girl?

Sharbat_Gula.jpg

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you mess around in the face gen for 40 mins you can create something superior to the NPCs and the pre-gens. I used the Hispanic or Asian female face as a base. Don't have a screenshot though. The same was true of Oblivion.

The face gen is fighting you every step of the way though. I hope it will be possible to load and save face parameters and add to the presets.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Aren't all faces slightly asymmetrical? Or is it just mine?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.