What Are You Playing Now?

"With all the inter-racial loving going around, its a wonder there are no half-elves or half-dwarves or Dwelfs (half dwarf-half elf) around."

Who says there isn't?

Well you never see them. Unless they're all hidden away feared as unnatural horrors. Seeing as how most of the inhabitants treat one another in DA, its probably not far off.

Well you never see them. Unless they're all hidden away feared as unnatural horrors. Seeing as how most of the inhabitants treat one another in DA, its probably not far off.
Now we know the true origin of the Darkspawn.

Silly question but does anyone know if the Xbox Originals range come with wide-screen HD support? I'm considering buying Psychonauts but I may as well download from GOG if it looks like junk on the 360.

I think it's pretty much tied to what they used to have. Jade Empire looks like the abovementioned junk on my gear, and that's the extent of my interest in testing (I have Dark Corners of the Earth that would work, and Deus Ex: Invisible War that I would like to work, but which won't) so I never got into those anyway. :/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

@Krookie: My best friend has AC2. He says its awesome, best game he's ever played.

Well, tell him to play more games then.

:)

Where I live, PC gamers are nonexistent, but everybody has a 360.

Speaking of 360s, I got another controller (Wal-Mart is unrealistically overpriced), so I am able to enjoy Halo 3 more now.

It still sucks eggs though.

Edited by kingofsquid

I'm playing "re-install Steam after a crash corrupted it" - and it's actually not much fun. Luckily I have the expansion pack "backed-up Steam files" and it's supposed to be a lot better than the original. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2 & Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena from Black Friday deals. I think the GoW 2 SP is a huge improvement over the first, and I'm loving horde mode.

Left 4 Dead also fun in coop. I've been wary about Left 4 Dead, but after a demo was finally released for 2 I tried and enjoyed it and decided to get the first.

Riddick is less fun than I remember it from 2005. The stealth aspect is way too touchy. Quickly peak around a corner and get spotted, or I'll be walking on a high point in crouch mode and even though the guard's eye line down below is looking lower than me, he'll still end up spotting me if I'm in the sight cone, but higher than it. I'm currently looking for Jager Valance in the mines, spending a lot of time going back and forth looking for secrets. Found this crazy guy with a happy face painted on his goggles that gave me a key code to his secret stash. :ermm:

Dragged Dereladin into a vs. game of l4d2. We managed to make it a pretty close game after loosing on the first three maps of the carnival by killing the survivors at the first tank and then getting three people onto a helicopter.

Chargers however REALLY seemed to love me with me being the one always hit and sent zooming across the map (was pitched off of a gas station, down a hallway, through a tunnel of love... all of them having been pushed more than 100 feet).

Turns out that while I suck with the hunter, I'm actually pretty good with the jockey.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dragged Dereladin into a vs. game of l4d2. We managed to make it a pretty close game after loosing on the first three maps of the carnival by killing the survivors at the first tank and then getting three people onto a helicopter.

Chargers however REALLY seemed to love me with me being the one always hit and sent zooming across the map (was pitched off of a gas station, down a hallway, through a tunnel of love... all of them having been pushed more than 100 feet).

Turns out that while I suck with the hunter, I'm actually pretty good with the jockey.

At least you didn't get punted off a cliff by a charger. I broke his fall with all 100 of my health. >_<

I think by the 3rd or 4th map I finally started to get that hand of the spitter. Distance is controlled not just by aim, but by how long you hold the mouse. My charger skills need work as about 70% of the time I'd charge into the group and grab someone, but then snag the corner of a table or something stupid that would stop my charge 10 feet from the other survivors. The jockey is just not me however.

A few more rounds till I get the hang of the maps and I think I'll be able to do a little better.

-Dragon Age

-Divinity 2, playthrough as ranger this time. Mage > ranger > warrior in this game. As it should be.

What's Ego Draconis like on the scale (pun intended) of Drakensang to Dragon Age?

Can't really compare since it's not party-based, but Ego Draconis > Dragon Age > Drakensang (although I think the Dark Eye universe is the best of any RPG, along with Elder Scrolls).

Just because there are no repetitive, never-ending dungeons like Deep Roads/Carta Hideout/Temple of the Urn or Grolm tunnels. And because Kirill Pokrovsky >> Inon Zur.

It's better to compare with Risen, but I like it more than that game as well. There's a ridiculous amount of combat near the end of the game too, but unlike Risen your PC is so bad-ass before the end of the game that entire hordes simply get wasted almost without lifting a finger. So it's not really an issue.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

DA. Did all of that Landsmeet stuff now I am back at Redcliffe Castle, to begin the final of the game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

After the ridiculousness that was Sacred 2 was past, I found Titan Quest(+Immortal Throne) a very very pleasent surprise. It's so, I don't know, smooth and playable. I also adore the classless system they've got going and the 2d art and campaign structure reminds me pleasantly of Diablo 1. It's old school done right, that's for sure.

And honestly, it's named "Immortal Throne", that's just epic enough for praise.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

After patching Mirkwood into LotR Online, I only had time to play for about 30 minutes. I turned in a bunch of quests I had been sitting on, and then toyed with my legendary weapons. They are looking pretty sweet, the changes in the expansion are very nice so far.

Hopefully I'll get to Mirkwood pretty soon.