Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Apparently BOTH Alien and Predator are being remade???

Alien remake is still a rumor, I guess. But still...

wtf, as they say.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Simply pathetic, i would say.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i'd heard about the Predator one (now having more than one predator stalking them in the jungle - wtf?), but i hadn't heard about the Alien one ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I really should watch the original Predator again...I think its been like a decade since I last saw it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

i guess it's about time... alien was 1979 (oy vey, i was still in grade school!), and predator was 1987.

taks

I totally agree that any movie, regardless of how iconic, after it hits a certain age, becomes a candidate for a remake.

But I don't think, personally, that either Alien or Predator is there yet. Both of them are completely contemporary still.

But, yeah, Hollywood wasn't built on art; it was built on money, so what can I expect.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

But I don't think, personally, that either Alien or Predator is there yet. Both of them are completely contemporary still.

i personally did not find predator all that iconic in the first place, though i did think it was a decent ahnold flick, just not something to be revered as "art" even by hollywood standards. that said, a remake of either fits fine with me just because... dunno why, just because.

But, yeah, Hollywood wasn't built on art; it was built on money, so what can I expect.

hehe, they'd like you to think it was, and maybe, just maybe, in the early days there were those that really, truly, felt they were making art. silent films and all. nobody undertakes a new thing unless they can make money (gotta feed the family, of course), so even if everyone else was altruistically going about their artistic expression, the dudes in charge were seeing $$$. >_<

taks

comrade taks... just because.

In Bruges

A little quirky. I liked it.

8.8/10

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I don't think a Predator remake is such a bad idea, though one that goes a little more in depth with the predators would be preferrable. Alien doesn't need a remake, it stands up to this day. There are other stories to tell.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Alien doesn't need a remake, it stands up to this day. There are other stories to tell.

I disagree with your opinion on the internets! ;)

I feel the original Alien is pretty darn dated. Maybe I've become desensitized but I feel it's pace and tension are almost mellow now compared to how badly it terrified me when I first saw it.

If Ridley Scott is on board as rumor suggests why on earth doesn't he just make a new script and film that, or why not the Alien 3 script that was discarded in favor of the lackluster prison colony story.

That would be about a million times more interesting than watching a makeover of something I have seen several times already.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Alien should never be remade, not now, not ever. It's one of the great sci-fi classics, it's absolutely stunning as it is. Hope the rumors aren't true.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

The Professionals (1966)

Taken (2008)

Wild Hogs (2007)

Bulletproof (1996)

"I feel the original Alien is pretty darn dated. Maybe I've become desensitized but I feel it's pace and tension are almost mellow now compared to how badly it terrified me when I first saw it."

The film has not changed, you have.

I've seen two films recently. Both were better than I'd been led to believe. First up was the remake of the Day the Earth Stood Still. This one falls into my rather large category of "It's a good film. I enjoyed it. Nothing great but nothing terrible." I liked it, but I could see where folks were disappointed. A lot of it felt rushed and little of it was properly explained. At least that was my take.

I also watched Valkyrie. Okay, that was a good film. I'm not a Tom Cruise fan, but I think a lot of the complaints about the film came from folks who had an axe to grind against him. He turned in a solid performance. Overall, I thought the performances were solid. Yeah, I think it was a pretty simplistic view of the plot, but it's a movie. They wanted to create some sympathy for conspirators. If folks went in expecting action, they were undoubtedly mislead and disappointed. However, it does cover an important historical event. Even if the facts are strained, like they are in every feature film based on a true story, at least folks get some feel for what was happening at the time.

borrowed Zombie Strippers last night - haven't had a chance to watch it yet

anyone seen it? it looks pretty hilariously bad

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

"I feel the original Alien is pretty darn dated. Maybe I've become desensitized but I feel it's pace and tension are almost mellow now compared to how badly it terrified me when I first saw it."

The film has not changed, you have.

Sorry, but this is exactly what I said. "I feel", "I've become desensitized", "when I first saw it", I, I, I. Where exactly is your point? Of course film doesn't change. It's just a bunch of pictures played in order to give the illusion of movement, simultaneously played with recorded sounds.

I watched Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus, which I have decided is the greatest B movie of all time.