Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Huh. So just my tough luck to get one that didn't matter one bit? :) How does this Deadpool post-credit scene go?

You see the blade go back into Deadpool's arm and his hand struggles out from under the rubble, eventually finding his head. The blade has cut his mouth back open and when his hand touches his head, Deadpool goes "Shhhh!" to the audience.

There's rumours of a third alternate ending, but that's the one I saw (had heard about the Wolverine one

setting up the sequel taking place in Japan

).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Didn't Wolverine have a japanese girlfriend who got killed to provide motivation.

A couple of times.

Itsu his wife sometime right after WWII, Mariko Yashida more recently (like in the last decade or so) that I can think off of the top of my head.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Oh he's bad.

he's the only reason to ever watch Blade Trinity. That and the vampire pomeranian.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Mariko Yashida more recently (like in the last decade or so) that I can think off of the top of my head.

When? How did she die?

IIRC, Mariko died from a nervetoxin administered by an assassin hired by her brother Matsuo. Way back in 95 IIRC. She left a daughter though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Quantum of Solace.

Disappointing. Some nice action scenes to be sure, but the story kinda sucked. For one thing, unless you'd seen the first film last week (I saw it maybe 5-6 months ago, I think), this movie dumps you into a plot that feels like it's already half-over, leaving me confused and annoyed. Even tho I understood what was going on in a general way, it didn't feel like a plot at all. More like an epilogue.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh he's bad.

he's the only reason to ever watch Blade Trinity. That and the vampire pomeranian.

I don't get it, Thought he was absolutely terrible in Blade 3.

Well at least were done with the series. Blade is in the slammer for tax evasion.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Probably wouldn't have mattered, as I think Snipes was so upset with the direction of the third one he was looking at other properties to work with (he had eyed Black Panther for awhile).

ST is getting really good reviews. I have the impression it will please casual ST fans and non-fans because of plenty of winky nods to the ST:OS and being, largely, a fast-paced action CGI flick akin to the comic movies, except w/spaceships. I also think that I'll like the movie quite a lot for it's own merits, but that it won't feel like Star Trek to me, just a great sci-fi flick. I'm too old-guard...but hopefully I'll be wrong on that.

I think I may be in love with Karl Urban.

I thought he was awesomely sexy in LoTR and in general, but the stills from ST have him looking plastic-greasepaint faced. Is that a false impression? ;)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watchmen. I dunno. Despite Snyder's good intentions, it's a poor man's adaptation. He holds the material in such high esteem that he stretches himself too thin trying to cover it all. What you end up with is an oddly paced mishmash of rushed storytelling and displaced flashbacks. I found it pretty shallow too, which surprised me. It didn't have the substance of The Dark Knight. It's accurate in surface terms more than anything else, but even then it's excessively violent, more so than the comic. It's not bad film as such. It just doesn't translate. If you're going to adapt something you've got to be fearless, I think. You can't be afraid to mess with characters or plot. The Prestige is a great example of that. It's very different from the book when it has to be, yet still manages to preserve the core themes. If only Paul Greengrass had had his way with Watchmen. Paddy Considine as Rorschach? Brilliant!

Saw Star Trek today. Good sci-fi action adventure stuff. I think I may be in love with Karl Urban.

More details and spoil me rotten.

Big ass "I'm totally going to ruin the movie, don't say I didn't warn you" spoilers:

Crusty Old Spock plans on saving Romulus from the big bad supernova by turning it into a black hole using his magic red matter. Sadly he gets there too late and Romulus is destroyed. Mining ship captain Nero is all "Waaah, I blame you for the destruction of my homeworld!" and then they both get sucked into the baby black hole and go back in time. Nero went through first, so he arrived a lot earlier. He encounters a Federation ship, kills the captain, then new captain George Kirk rams the oddly scary looking mining vessel so all his peeps can escape. His pregnant wife gives birth on the escape pod and George is all "Does the dude have a name?" and she is all "Tiberius" and George is all "LOL that's dumb call him Jim" and then he dies.

Years later about-to-be-captain-of-the-shiny-new-enterprise Pike meets Kirk and he's all "Your dad was awesome, can you be awesomer?" and Kirk can't resist a challenge so he tries to be awesomer. He joins Starfleet, becomes besties with the coolest doc in the universe, bangs a green chick and cheats on a test. He meets Spock who made the test and they don't hit it off.

Sometime after that Old Spock finally comes back to the past and Nero grabs him, steals his magic red matter and is all like "Watch this" and then he destroys Vulcan and then he's all "Sucked in old Spock".

Starfleet gets a distress call from Vulcan, but because he is awesome Kirk knows it's a trap. He argues with Sylar Spock and gets kicked off the ship for attempted mutiny.

Baby Kirk meets old Spock and Spock is all "Good to see you old buddy" and Kirk is all "We don't even like each other" and Spock is all "Oh we will, we will..."

Kirk assembles his avengers and goes on a fantastic and oftentimes humorous adventure and saves the day. Sucks to be a Vulcan on Vulcan, though.

I think I may be in love with Karl Urban.
I thought he was awesomely sexy in LoTR and in general, but the stills from ST have him looking plastic-greasepaint faced. Is that a false impression? :)

Oh, I wasn't talking about looks, I just thought he made an awesome, awesome Bones.

I'm one of these Trekkie purists so I'll give the remake of Star Trek a chance. I may see it this weekend.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I enjoyed the new Trek. I'm a rather casual fan of the original series (and the wife is a big TNG fan), but based on what I do know, I really think they nailed most of the casting. The villain was basically a Maguffin, which is disappointing, but the rest of the film is strong enough that it really didn't bother me until I thought about it afterwards.

I thought it was particularly brilliant how they used

time travel to put the whole storyline in an alternate universe. Great way to both disarm the criticisms of the stickler hardcore and pay homage to all the other silly alternate-timeline plots that have already been written in the ST universe.

Edited by Enoch

Watched Francis Ford Coppolas film Youth Without Youth the other day. Liked it quite a bit, and it also felt rather different than what he has done before. Quite a bit more unusual, almost Lynch:ish in some places. Think it dragged slightly at around the middle or so, but it picked up quickly again and finished strong. One of the best films (aside from re-watching films I like that is) I've seen in quite a while.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0