Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Was watching Hell in the Pacific on cable. A classic. The ending isn't all that great, really, but all the rest before is pretty awesome, particularly Toshir

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Since Saturday:

Escape From New York

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Dazed and Confused

Dead Ringers

All around awesomeness, although for very different reasons.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Night at the museum 2

Slow start, but overall a good film. Some of the cast seemed a bit unnecessary and there were a few gaping holes in the end (How were they supposed to resurrect a gaping hole in a stained glass window in 1 hour!?) but still very funny and intelligent.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I saw Star Trek over the weekend. I've never seen an episode of the show, and never considered myself intrested in the series but a friend talked me into going to see it over Terminator and holy crap it was awesome. The special effects were awesome, and there were even a couple funny one-liners thrown into all the action.

I saw Watchmen and I have to say I was kinda dissapointed. The ending made no sense at all.

Threat is going to unite people only for some time. Then they

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I saw Watchmen and I have to say I was kinda dissapointed. The ending made no sense at all.

Threat is going to unite people only for some time. Then they

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Rise of the Foot Soldier

To be honest I didn't understand what the hell was going on for about 3/4's of the film. It's amazing how we both speak the same language but I cannot decipher Walsingham's people's dialect with any confidence whatsoever. That wasn't even my main gripe though, the story was convoluted, had low production value, and the pacing and structure was wacky as hell. The hollow and excessive violence didn't help either. There was a fair amount of bewbies present, however, it just wasn't enough to save this one.

6/10

I'm kind of sick of these movies, and of the whole mentality. There was a Celtic Rangers match recently which wound up with one guy hospitalised, and another feller dead. Bloke was just near his house, in the 'wrong' neighbourhood. Can anyone tell me what the **** beating up a forty year old man minding his own business has to do with being hard? I get all Daily Mail when I think about this sort of thing. Someone reckons its law of the jungle they should ****ing well have to be judged by it. Sorry, pal, but you and your pathetic mates were slower and less heavily armed than us, so we burn you alive.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Terminator: Salvation was the last movie I saw. It wasn't a bad movie, just not interesting. Mediocre would be the right word I guess. They had great sfx, but it was pretty badly written. Actually, not even the action scenes managed to impress. It's just an overall bland and unimpressive movie.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

It

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I saw The Inbetweeners seasons 1 and 2 over the weekend. Hilarious. I had never heard of it before but a buddy of mine is stationed with a bunch of Brits in Gibraltar and recommended it highly as do I.

What's the deal with 6 episode seasons though?

Free games updated 3/4/21

H

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Watched Heat again, I've got it on DVD. There are enough crappy sequels out there, why couldn't we have one of this.

I watched another recent Pacino-Di Niro movie where one of them was a vigilante cop, forget the name, they are getting a little over the hill as far as action roles, but at least they can still act, which is getting rare in movies where things go bang.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Terminator: Salvation was the last movie I saw. It wasn't a bad movie, just not interesting. Mediocre would be the right word I guess. They had great sfx, but it was pretty badly written. Actually, not even the action scenes managed to impress. It's just an overall bland and unimpressive movie.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/19577/1/...TION/Page1.html

I found this very interesting.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Christian Bale will be, for me, the guy who appeared in the Dragon Movie (Reign of Fire) with Matthew McConaghey (spelling?) as the butchest skinhead Yankee redneck dragon-killing uber-commando EVAR. He drives around a post-apoc Scotland in a tank. His dudes kill dragons by free-falling on top of them from helicopters. And he dresses like an extra from an old Duran Duran video.

It's so awesome my eyeballs literally imploded, Bale could only ponder Matthew's utter brilliant screen presence.

I watch it about twice a year and get all sad that McConaghey concentrated his career on light romantic comedy instead of the OTT sci-fi route. Bale, OTOH, continues to have an interesting career but does come across as a bit of an ass.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Star Trek was epic.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

http://chud.com/articles/articles/19577/1/...TION/Page1.html

I found this very interesting.

That was splendid! Good job, dude!

Anyhow, I agree with the final assessment. I enjoyed the film, but I just didn't really care what happened other than watching more action

I also watched a movie called... what? Alphabet Killer or something? Anyhow, little note: don't say it's based on a true story and then make a movie about ghosts and a psychotic police detective and God knows what else. What the ****? I literally laughed when I saw the end note saying the movie had no resemblance to persons living or dead. "Didn't the begining just say that it was based on a true story?" "Yeah."

Christian Bale will be, for me, the guy who appeared in the Dragon Movie (Reign of Fire) with Matthew McConaghey (spelling?) as the butchest skinhead Yankee redneck dragon-killing uber-commando EVAR. He drives around a post-apoc Scotland in a tank. His dudes kill dragons by free-falling on top of them from helicopters. And he dresses like an extra from an old Duran Duran video.

It's so awesome my eyeballs literally imploded, Bale could only ponder Matthew's utter brilliant screen presence.

I watch it about twice a year and get all sad that McConaghey concentrated his career on light romantic comedy instead of the OTT sci-fi route. Bale, OTOH, continues to have an interesting career but does come across as a bit of an ass.

Cheers

MC

That was an awesome description of his part in Reign of Fire. The only thing better is what happens during the final fight. :lol:

Cheers

MC

That was an awesome description of his part in Reign of Fire. The only thing better is what happens during the final fight. :rolleyes:

*remembers the epic leap from trailers*

*remembers the HUGE let down that you see in the movie itself*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.