Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I don't think I've ever watched full episode of Star Trek whatever the series.

I've seen Wrath of Khan, but that was so long ago that I don't remember the plot at all. I also remember seeing a movie where they had to fend off a stealth ship or something. I remember that being really fun to watch. I'll probable enjoy the movie since I'm easily entertained and have no emotional investment in the series at all.

I got into Trek a bit after playing the Elite Force games which I really enjoyed, but I just never got into the show enough to watch it in order instead of just watching a random episode here and there (what I do with any show that I really get into like 24 or Lost).

I saw Star Trek the other day.. I've never seen the original series, but I've watched all the films and most of The Next Generation.. I'm not a trekkie by any means, I just like the universe (like with Star Wars).

I'd give the film 7/10, it's fun and it works - if you start to nitpick at the story it falls apart, but if you just go in to enjoy a good film you won't be dissapointed.

Fortune favors the bald.

the last mimzy. a cute sci-fi adventure that revolves around 2 kids. time travel is involved. entertaining, but certainly does not make an attempt at "realistic" concepts of time.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

the last mimzy. a cute sci-fi adventure that revolves around 2 kids. time travel is involved. entertaining, but certainly does not make an attempt at "realistic" concepts of time.

taks

Time travel is the new black it seems.. at least in the shows and films I've watched recently..

Fortune favors the bald.

Saw the Star Trek. In brief, I'd give it a B- and would generally recommend it. I enjoyed the humor level a lot and the actors/renewed characterizations were largely fine. Bruce Greenwood as Pike is awesome.

I didn't mind the "reboot" issues much at all, but I was disappointed with the old-hat plot, rather dull villian and plot hole contrivances so huge even I noticed them at every turn. Mostly it's action eye-candy+noise+laughs. Which is entertaining...but as a fantasy action vehicle I think something like IronMan was much better executed.

PS - I was amused that the "redshirt" guy was the actor who voice Disciple in KOTOR2. I laughed so loudly in the theater I may have embarrassed myself...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I loved the new Star Trek. It was a blast, and the acting was a step up from the previous iterations.

That's understandable, considering the cast:

10q9zdl.jpg

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The biggest plot whole of the new Trek was why a mining ship was so heavily armed.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The biggest plot whole of the new Trek was why a mining ship was so heavily armed.

It is the Romulans. Even their toileties are heavily armed.

I saw both Wolverine and Star Trek yesterday. Not bad flicks.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Romulans are warlike.

Romulans are always on alert for Klingon attacks.

The Romulans probably wouldn't be against using force to subdue a planet to mine on it.

I don't see the problem with an armed Romulan Mining ship (who, thanks to being from the future, has more powerful weapons than the ships of the past because of tech advances).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I objected to the notion that the Romulans would

put their ship-jamming devices on their drilling beam chain. Not to mention, why there was yet again no other defensive ships around Earth who could fly around and shoot it down, if it was that easy for men w/lasers to blow it up. Oh yeah, and why would you need to drill a hole to the center of the Earth anyway, when you could just drop 1 drop of red matter into the ocean or a volcano? And isn't there now a huge black hole right next to Earth's atmosphere that we're supposed to pretend doesn't affect Earth? And on and on...

You don't really have to answer...it's just fantasy, I know. But c'mon...it's distracting. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, the black hole wasn't right next to earth, they went through warp for a while, and the jamming was a side effect of the drilling laser.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I just noticed the new Night at the Museum is PG-13. School of Rock was also PG-13. What the heck is wrong with the ratings board? This totally messes up my ability to show movies in the classroom!

Bought the new Underworld movie and W DVDs. Saw Underworld today, will watch W later tonight.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I watched Star Trek this afternoon. I really enjoyed it. Sure, the nerds ( no offense to any board members on that list) will have a lot to bitch about, but really, what were they supposed to do? Have another boring two hour TNG episode? I, for one, am glad with the reboot.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just noticed the new Night at the Museum is PG-13. School of Rock was also PG-13. What the heck is wrong with the ratings board? This totally messes up my ability to show movies in the classroom!

You could like, pretend you didn't notice.

I've had to make my case to parents about History Channel movies, so I try to avoid any non-curriculum controversy.

You could like, pretend you didn't notice.

I've had to make my case to parents about History Channel movies, so I try to avoid any non-curriculum controversy.

Really? For History Channel movies? Any examples? I recall watching a few movies in history class with The Untouchables being the first that comes to mind.